Eden Garden of the GodS

The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
I was just reading about it. Pretty interesting.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.
Of course they have the same story of creation and the flood. After Babel everyone was scattered. Verbal history by some was distorted over generations. Only the original Hebrew language survived.
They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.
The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.

No probably Hebrew is a variation of Canaanite language. Before they spoke Yiddish.
So then, what is the HOLY NAME used in the name of the Holy City using the original Canaanite (founders) Transliteration?
Wouldn't that be important, and the reason for hidden and unspoken name, blotted out name?
:)

Sources:
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36,
Jeremiah 25:29 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as Yerushalayim.

You already have the first name of
the Evening Star (Shalem), now properly transliterate the last name and then you'll find it with the first name as well in the Torah portions names as stated it would, and in Dan 10 in reference.

This isn't an argument of young earth creationists. It is documented in the symbols of the Chinese language itself. This isn't the first time I have seen this, TN, and it doesn't refute anything. It is not a full accounting. And what it does address is less than persuasive and in fact a confirmation.

If you only took this in isolation I could see how you could confirm your bias. It ignores that the Chinese recorded the account of Genesis at the same time the Sumerians did; 2,500 BC. It ignores the fact that the early Chinese dynasties worshiped Shang Di, whose parallel to the God of Abraham is unmistakable.

It is funny how you accept that the Sumerian's recorded the account of Genesis but seem to reject the fact that the Chinese did so as well. I accept both because the logical explanation is that they both once shared a common ancestry/belief prior to migrating from the cradle of civilization.
Ummm did you read the whole link? I dont think you did. Im sure you lied again..
The sumerian account is older than the abrahamic religions. By thousands of years. They didnt record the account of genesis.. Your terminology gives credit where it isnt due.
If you want to talk about parallels and the abrahamic religions, i would love to. In another thread. There is enough parallels to talk for days ;) Like how jesus story is thousands of years older than Jesus. Stuff like that.
I did read this link. They chose seven "words." I have reviewed all of the "words."

I have seen this argument before, TN. Not this specific site, but the same exact cherry picked disagreement. They aren't showing you the full accounting because the full accounting confirms what I told you.

Yes, the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis predated Moses' recording the account of Genesis by 1500 years. I already stated that. But the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis did not predate the great migration from the cradle of civilization. So I am confused why you believe that the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis predated Moses' account by 1500 years means anything other than this is proof that they all shared a common ancestry/belief prior to migrating from the cradle of civilization because they all have the same account.

The fact that the the first three dynasties of China - Hsia, Shang, Chou - worshiped the God of Abraham is relevant as it provides additional confirmation that they all shared a common ancestry/belief prior to migrating from the cradle of civilization.
Lol you reviewed nothing. Be for real :rolleyes:
And again, you did not read that whole link or you wouldnt have said that
It's not that hard TN. Are you telling me that you can't figure out how to do it?

Do you need for me to explain how to do it for you?

I did read the whole link, TN. It wasn't that long. Let me ask you this, what percentage of the seven "words" that that link discussed were of the total "words" in question?
LMAO
AGAIN, you didnt read the damn link! It stated they were literally making shit up. Words didnt mean what they thought. Like garden... :rolleyes:
No, they did not state they were literally making shit up, TN. Did you read your own link?

It's almost like you are disputing the great migration from the cradle of civilization. And that it is logical to assume that they would have a shared history. And that the Chinese and Sumerians recorded the account of Genesis 1500 years before Moses did. And that the Chinese did use well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could remember it. And that the 1st three dynasties did worship Shang Di who was the creator God and animal sacrifice were offered to him.

Did you know that Confucius recognized the incredible harmony and order of the first three dynasties?

I know it is a shock to your sensibilities, but the link you provided did not literally say they were making shit up. The link you provided showed that the modern written languages had slight differences for the limited hand picked words they evaluated. I evaluated all of the words. They cherry picked where they could. Too bad for them that the complete list blows their argument out of the water. And it is especially true when you look at the corroborating evidence I have provided you.

Here you go, TN, more evidence for you.

Ancient Chinese History in Light of the Book of Genesis

The earliest account of religious worship in China is found in the Shu Jing (Book of History of Book of Documents), the oldest Chinese historical source. This book records that in the year 2230 B.C., the Emperor Shun “sacrificed to Shangdi.” That is, he sacrificed to the supreme God of the ancient Chinese, Shangdi meaning Supreme Ruler. This ceremony came to be known as the “Border Sacrifice,” because at the summer solstice and Emperor took part in ceremonies to the earth on the northern border of the country, and at the winter solstice he offered a sacrifice to heaven on the southern border.

The Chinese have been called one of the most history-conscious and tradition-conscious peoples of the world. This is seen in many aspects of Chinese culture. Perhaps it is seen most of all in this very Border Sacrifice which the Emperor performed twice a year. This ceremony, which goes back at least to 2230 B.C. was continued in China for over four thousand years, up until the fall of the Manchus in A. D. 1911. Even though the people gradually lost an understanding of what the ceremony was all about, and Shangdi was obscured behind all kinds of pagan deities in China, nevertheless the worship of the one God, Shangdi, was continued faithfully by the Emperor up into modern times.

Ummm did you read the whole link? I dont think you did. Im sure you lied again..
The sumerian account is older than the abrahamic religions. By thousands of years. They didnt record the account of genesis.. Your terminology gives credit where it isnt due.
If you want to talk about parallels and the abrahamic religions, i would love to. In another thread. There is enough parallels to talk for days ;) Like how jesus story is thousands of years older than Jesus. Stuff like that.
I did read this link. They chose seven "words." I have reviewed all of the "words."

I have seen this argument before, TN. Not this specific site, but the same exact cherry picked disagreement. They aren't showing you the full accounting because the full accounting confirms what I told you.

Yes, the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis predated Moses' recording the account of Genesis by 1500 years. I already stated that. But the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis did not predate the great migration from the cradle of civilization. So I am confused why you believe that the Sumerian and Chinese account of Genesis predated Moses' account by 1500 years means anything other than this is proof that they all shared a common ancestry/belief prior to migrating from the cradle of civilization because they all have the same account.

The fact that the the first three dynasties of China - Hsia, Shang, Chou - worshiped the God of Abraham is relevant as it provides additional confirmation that they all shared a common ancestry/belief prior to migrating from the cradle of civilization.
Lol you reviewed nothing. Be for real :rolleyes:
And again, you did not read that whole link or you wouldnt have said that
It's not that hard TN. Are you telling me that you can't figure out how to do it?

Do you need for me to explain how to do it for you?

I did read the whole link, TN. It wasn't that long. Let me ask you this, what percentage of the seven "words" that that link discussed were of the total "words" in question?
LMAO
AGAIN, you didnt read the damn link! It stated they were literally making shit up. Words didnt mean what they thought. Like garden... :rolleyes:
No, they did not state they were literally making shit up, TN. Did you read your own link?

It's almost like you are disputing the great migration from the cradle of civilization. And that it is logical to assume that they would have shared traditions after the great migration. And that the Chinese and Sumerians recorded the account of Genesis 1500 years before Moses did. And that the Chinese did not use well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could remember it. And that the 1st three dynasties did not worship Shang Di who was the creator God and animal sacrifice were offered to him. Or that Confucius recognized the incredible harmony and order of the first three dynasties.

I know it is a shock to your sensibilities, but the link you provided did not literally say they were making shit up. The link you provided showed that the modern written languages had slight differences for the limited hand picked words they evaluated. I evaluated all of the words. They cherry picked where they could. Too bad for them that the complete list blows their argument out of the water. And it is especially true when you look at the corroborating evidence I have provided you.
So the character for "create" is simply made up of 告 and 辶, "tell" and "go".
"made up of" i didnt read it correctly thats my mistake.
Im not disputing the theory of us all coming from a "cradle of civlization"
Some of the words arent translated correctly. Thats what the link says. I believe he used enough to get his point across. Especially considering the chinese have a version of a flood and it doesnt include 8 survivors. It is about 2.
His entire point is that ignored the basis of their symbolic language to spin it to mean what they want it to mean.

The oldest text of the Border Sacrifice that we have dates from the Ming Dynasty. It is the exact text of the ceremony that was performed in A. D. 1538, which was based on the existing ancient records of the original rituals. Let us look at portions of the recitation script that the Emperor used.

The Emperor, as the high priest, was the only one to participate in the service. The ceremony began: “Of old in the beginning, there was the great chaos, without form and dark. The five elements [planets] had not begun to revolve, nor the sun and the moon to shine. In the midst thereof there existed neither forms for sound. Thou, O spiritual Sovereign, camest forth in Thy presidency, and first didst divide the grosser parts from the purer. Thou madest heaven; Thou madest earth; Thou madest man. All things with their reproductive power got their being.” This recitation praising Shangdi as Creator of heaven and earth sounds surprisingly like the first chapter of Genesis: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep” (Genesis 1: 1- 2).

So, in the earliest records of Chinese religion, we see that the people worshiped One God, Who was Creator of all. We also see that the original people of China looked at Shangdi with a sense of love and a filial feeling. The Emperor continued his prayer: “Thou hast vouchsafed, O Di, to hear us, for Thou regardest us as a Father. I, Thy child, dull and unenlightened, am unable to show forth my dutiful feelings.”

As the ceremony concludes, Shangdi is praised for His loving kindness: “Thy sovereign goodness is infinite. As a potter, Thou hast made all living things. Thy sovereign goodness is infinite. Great and small are sheltered [by Thee]. As engraven on the heart of Thy poor servant is the sense of Thy goodness, so that my feeling cannot be fully displayed. With great kindness Thou dost bear us, and not withstanding our shortcomings, dost grant us life and prosperity.”

These last two recitations, taken together, bear the same simile as found in the Prophecy of Isaiah in the Bible: “But now, O Lord, Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our Potter and we all are the work of Thy hand” (Isaiah 64: 8).

They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.
The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.

No probably Hebrew is a variation of Canaanite language. Before they spoke Yiddish.
Yiddush is 16th century German minus the curse words.

I said before they spoke Yiddish, meaning Yiddish came later.
Jews alway speak the host nation’s language.
The exception was Egypt.

Are you referring to host as
1. to receive as guests
or 2. to live off of..........?:)

The earliest account of religious worship in China is found in the Shu Jing (Book of History of Book of Documents), the oldest Chinese historical source. This book records that in the year 2230 B.C., the Emperor Shun “sacrificed to Shangdi.” That is, he sacrificed to the supreme God of the ancient Chinese, Shangdi meaning Supreme Ruler. This ceremony came to be known as the “Border Sacrifice,” because at the summer solstice and Emperor took part in ceremonies to the earth on the northern border of the country, and at the winter solstice he offered a sacrifice to heaven on the southern border.

The Chinese have been called one of the most history-conscious and tradition-conscious peoples of the world. This is seen in many aspects of Chinese culture. Perhaps it is seen most of all in this very Border Sacrifice which the Emperor performed twice a year. This ceremony, which goes back at least to 2230 B.C. was continued in China for over four thousand years, up until the fall of the Manchus in A. D. 1911. Even though the people gradually lost an understanding of what the ceremony was all about, and Shangdi was obscured behind all kinds of pagan deities in China, nevertheless the worship of the one God, Shangdi, was continued faithfully by the Emperor up into modern times.
I wonder why that book (the one that this all came from) was never translated into chinese?
Its also funny that the author has stated it is not accurate and dissuades readers from using it for reference.

According to the Chinese records, the establishment of China’s first dynasty, the Hsia (Xia) dynasty, occurred in 2205 B.C. Modern scholars ascribe a somewhat later date of between 2100 and 2000 B.C. Therefore, depending on which reckoning one accepts, the establishment of China’s first dynasty occurred anywhere from 42 to 205 years after the approximate date of the Tower of Babel incident. That was the time it took for the protoChinese to migrate to China from present- day Iraq (the site of the Tower of Babel) and already begin their dynastic civilization.

I wonder why that book (the one that this all came from) was never translated into chinese?
Its also funny that the author has stated it is not accurate and dissuades readers from using it for reference.
What book? The oral tradition that was passed down verbally until it was recorded by Sumerians, Chinese, Jews and who ever else shared that heritage before the great migration?

We know that when the original settlers of China came to their new land, they brought the religion of Noah with them. We know this from the Border Sacrifice of which we spoke earlier. The Border Sacrifice was like the sacrifices of Noah, which were like the sacrifices of Adam. And, as we have seen, the God that was invoked at the Border Sacrifices was the One God, the Creator of universe, that both Noah and Adam worshiped. The prayers that were at the Chinese Border Sacrifice bear remarkable similarity to the prayers of the ancient Hebrews because both come from the same source: the religion of Noah.

According to the Chinese records, the establishment of China’s first dynasty, the Hsia (Xia) dynasty, occurred in 2205 B.C. Modern scholars ascribe a somewhat later date of between 2100 and 2000 B.C. Therefore, depending on which reckoning one accepts, the establishment of China’s first dynasty occurred anywhere from 42 to 205 years after the approximate date of the Tower of Babel incident. That was the time it took for the protoChinese to migrate to China from present- day Iraq (the site of the Tower of Babel) and already begin their dynastic civilization.
Whats that "approximate" date?

What book? The oral tradition that was passed down verbally until it was recorded by Sumerians, Chinese, Jews and who ever else shared that heritage before the great migration?
No the person that started this "chinese genesis" crap

An interesting point to ponder is why the Chinese called their sacrifices “Border Sacrifices,” and why the Emperor traditionally performed them at the border of the Empire. We know that Adam would have performed his sacrifices outside the borders of Paradise, probably as close as possible to Paradise, outside the Gate that was guarded by the Cherubim. It is possible that the Chinese Border Sacrifice were based on the tradition of a “border sacrifice” from the time of Adam.

Let us go back now and look at the recorded history of China in light of what we’ve just been talking about, that is, in light of the Biblical history of the world.

We’ve already mentioned the oldest book of Chinese recorded history: the Shu Jing, or Book of Documents. This book was written in about 1000 B.C. and was based on material from the Shang Dynasty, which began in 1700 B.C. (1700 B.C., by the way, is 200 years before the time of Moses, who wrote the book of Genesis.) Even if we assume that the original materials for the Shu Jing came from the beginning of the Shang Dynasty in 1700 B.C., this means that at least 500 years would have passed from the beginning of China to the first written record of its history.

The first thing that students of Chinese history learn is that Chinese history began with a Flood. This is not surprising, since we know that ancient peoples from all the continents of the world have a story of a Great Flood which covered all the earth as a judgment on man’s sin. In many cases, the details are remarkably like the details recorded in the book of Genesis. The Aboriginal peoples of Australia, for example, speak of a global flood and how only eight people escaped it in a canoe.

Let us go back now and look at the recorded history of China in light of what we’ve just been talking about, that is, in light of the Biblical history of the world.

We’ve already mentioned the oldest book of Chinese recorded history: the Shu Jing, or Book of Documents. This book was written in about 1000 B.C. and was based on material from the Shang Dynasty, which began in 1700 B.C. (1700 B.C., by the way, is 200 years before the time of Moses, who wrote the book of Genesis.) Even if we assume that the original materials for the Shu Jing came from the beginning of the Shang Dynasty in 1700 B.C., this means that at least 500 years would have passed from the beginning of China to the first written record of its history.

The first thing that students of Chinese history learn is that Chinese history began with a Flood. This is not surprising, since we know that ancient peoples from all the continents of the world have a story of a Great Flood which covered all the earth as a judgment on man’s sin. In many cases, the details are remarkably like the details recorded in the book of Genesis. The Aboriginal peoples of Australia, for example, speak of a global flood and how only eight people escaped it in a canoe.
That is one thing i do find interesting about all of this. Thats how sooooo many ancient civilizations had their own version of a flood story that was caused from their gods wrath. Of course, i guess its very possible they just explained the natural occurrence of flooding with wrath from the god they worshipped. Like the greeks did with lightning.. Whatever they could muster that would explain something they didnt understand..
Interesting, none the less.

It isn't crap, TN. It all makes perfect sense.

It isn't crap, TN. It all makes perfect sense.
To people that want to believe it, i suppose. As i said, the person that thought about all this said herself it wasnt accurate and people shouldnt use it as reference. Especially since she doesnt understand chinese symbolism.

Whats that "approximate" date?
ding

That is one thing i do find interesting about all of this. Thats how sooooo many ancient civilizations had their own version of a flood story that was caused from their gods wrath. Of course, i guess its very possible they just explained the natural occurrence of flooding with wrath from the god they worshipped. Like the greeks did with lightning.. Whatever they could muster that would explain something they didnt understand..
Interesting, none the less.
The flood story was the most pervasive of all the other legends in ancient China. The Shu Jingrecords: “The flood waters are everywhere, destroying everything as they rise above the hills and swell up to heaven.”

Since the Shu Jing only begins with Chinese history, however, this statement does not refer to the global Flood, but rather to the local flooding that was caused in China by the remnants of the Great Flood. The Shu Jing speaks of how, after the Great Flood, some of the land was not yet habitable because the flood waters were still inundating the land. This was certainly possible. The time between the Flood and the founding of the first Chinese dynasty was as little as 143 years, and we would expect that huge pockets of water would have been on the land at that time, which are not there today. These leftover Flood waters made parts of the land uninhabitable. At that time, according to Chinese history, there were the first righteous Chinese Emperors, Yao and Shun: the first emperors to offer the Border Sacrifices to Shangdi. To a man named Kun given the task of ridding the land of the flood waters, but he was not able to do so. It was not until Kun’s son, Yu, devised a new technique to channel the waters out to sea that the land was eventually made habitable. It took nine years for Yu to channel the waters out to sea. He became a hero because of this amazing feat. As a result, Shun turned the rulership over to Yu. Yu became emperor, thus beginning China’s first dynasty, the Xia.

Forum List

Back