Eagles back on the Endangered species list yet....bet they won't be

Calypso Jones

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2020

Who cares if the left is doin' it. It's Intentions that matter. right?

I bet they won't be back on the endangered list anytime soon either. My brother-in-law and I were talking, just Saturday night. We have been living in West Tennessee since our teens. Neither one of us have ever seen so many Bald Eagle and Golden Eagles in our lives as the last few years. I started seeing them in the trees on my kayak trips, and hikes. Now we are seeing them in the trees along highways near the Milan Arsenal and even over Jackson, and flying over the small lakes and hills of the subdivision he lives in. Their resurgence and territory spread is quite impressive. Speaks well of the elimination of certain pesticides and herbicides that were in use, causing their decline and speaks ton of the general health of streams and forests in West Tennessee. Most of our lives, you had to drive to drive way up to Reelfoot Lake to get a look at them in the wild, now just keep your eyes open on the county roads or even over the city. Really cool!

The political orientation of the company never stated their company.

No more mean tweets at 3 in the morning - so we have that going for us.

I was wondering why I hadn't seen my normal eagles here....

I bet they won't be back on the endangered list anytime soon either. My brother-in-law and I were talking, just Saturday night. We have been living in West Tennessee since our teens. Neither one of us have ever seen so many Bald Eagle and Golden Eagles in our lives as the last few years. I started seeing them in the trees on my kayak trips, and hikes. Now we are seeing them in the trees along highways near the Milan Arsenal and even over Jackson, and flying over the small lakes and hills of the subdivision he lives in. Their resurgence and territory spread is quite impressive. Speaks well of the elimination of certain pesticides and herbicides that were in use, causing their decline and speaks ton of the general health of streams and forests in West Tennessee. Most of our lives, you had to drive to drive way up to Reelfoot Lake to get a look at them in the wild, now just keep your eyes open on the county roads or even over the city. Really cool!

The Willamette Valley in Oregon is thick with carrion crow ... or bald eagles if you like ... they occupy the top scavenger niche in winter ... where condors used to fit in ...

The Willamette Valley in Oregon is thick with carrion crow ... or bald eagles if you like ... they occupy the top scavenger niche in winter ... where condors used to fit in ...

There were condors in the Willamette Valley? Cool

As for scavengers there seem to be far more of the turkey vultures than bald eagles there. It would be pretty cool if there were as many bald eagles picking dead things out of the grass fields as there are turkey vultures.

There were condors in the Willamette Valley? Cool

As for scavengers there seem to be far more of the turkey vultures than bald eagles there. It would be pretty cool if there were as many bald eagles picking dead things out of the grass fields as there are turkey vultures.

Yes ... tens if not hundreds of millions of 30 pound salmon swimming upstream, spawning ... and then dying ... that's one hell of a lot of carrion every year ... whitie has stripped out these salmon populations so there's no way the condors can be returned ... just not enough food ...

Turkey vultures are migratory ... fly down to California every fall and return in spring ... this has the effect of pushing the carrion crow out of the valley and up the hillsides during summer ... though where I lived, they'd come down occasionally hunting house cats ...

Portland Zoo has a breeding program for condors, but all those are ear-marked for release in the Desert Southwest ...

Forum List

Back