Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

Thank you, I will await your deflection.
She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
She is denying 1000 of them.

If Vindmann is not deserving then none of them are.
My view is...we don’t decide. There is an internal process that ought to be respected, and no president has the right to politically influence it.

As far as anyone knows, Trump has done nothing. Duckworth wants to hold 1000 people's pay and promotions hostage just in case Trump did.

The issue is immediately on Mr. Esper’s agenda, after the Army this week forwarded him a list of hundreds of officers who are set to be promoted to the next rank, U.S. officials said on Thursday. Included on the list is Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, a decorated combat veteran who served on the staff of the White House’s National Security Council, where he ran afoul of Mr. Trump after testifying against him in the House impeachment hearings.

The White House had made clear to officials in the Pentagon’s office of personnel and readiness, which handles such staffing, that Mr. Trump did not want to see Colonel Vindman promoted, the officials said. In fact, when they saw an earlier draft version of the list two weeks ago, National Security Council staff members told their Defense Department counterparts they had evidence of misconduct by Colonel Vindman.

No such evidence materialized. Officials at the National Security Council declined to comment on matters of personnel.

My Senator! Trump couldn't carry that woman's handbag.
She is a Democrat! That makes her military service suspect at best!
What a stupid thing to say considering that she lost both legs flying in combat while every republican president in this century were draft dodgers.
You have to go back 40 years to Carter, to find a Democrat president who did any military service at all.

On the contrary. You're wrong... President Bush '41' was a Navy pilot that flew TBF Avengers in WWII in combat and was shot down and rescued by a submarine.
That however it par for the course for those ignorant of the facts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.
Holding them up isn't interfering?

You are a moron.

You do not understand the question?

What internal process is she interfering in?

Who is she pressuring the military to deny a promotion to?

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Nope, don’t think it is ok.

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?

You have to go back 40 years to Carter, to find a Democrat president who did any military service at all.

On the contrary. You're wrong... President Bush '41' was a Navy pilot that flew TBF Avengers in WWII in combat and was shot down and rescued by a submarine.
That however it par for the course for those ignorant of the facts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bush wasn't a Democrat, but that's par for the course of those ignorant of facts, idiot!

She said 1000. Ask her.

Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.

You are a moron.

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

There are records on Vindman showing he was ideological political in views during his military career. That and his involvement in whislte bowing on the president should and will affect his service and very likely be passed over for promotion to full bird Colenel. Essentially his actions killed his military career.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, a Democrat from Illinois, announced Thursday that she intended to block 1,123 promotions until Secretary of Defense Mark Esper agrees in writing that he did not and would not block "the expected and deserved promotion of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman."

"Our military is supposed to be the ultimate meritocracy," Duckworth, a combat veteran who lost her legs because of injuries she sustained during the Iraq War, said in a statement. "It is simply unprecedented and wrong for any Commander in Chief to meddle in routine military matters at all ... I won't just sit by and let it happen."

She added: "This goes far beyond any single military officer, it is about protecting a merit-based system from political corruption and unlawful retaliation."

Esper has previously said that the Department of Defense protects its service members from retribution, but there continue to be questions about Vindman's future in the military.

A number of US military officials and lawmakers have expressed concerns in recent weeks that the promotion to colonel for Vindman could be in jeopardy because of the president's disdain for him.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, a decorated Iraq war veteran who served on the staff of the White House’s National Security Council, is among scores of officers who have been picked to be promoted to full colonel this year. Typically, such promotions are backed by Army and Pentagon officials before moving to the White House for final approval and then to the Senate for a confirmation vote. The latest promotion list is now with the Pentagon’s personnel office.

But some military officials and lawmakers fear Mr. Trump’s antipathy toward Colonel Vindman could sink the officer’s promotion, despite promises from Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and other senior military leaders to protect from retribution members of the armed services who return to military duties after serving tours at the White House.

“The Army decides these cases on the merits, and I would hope the White House does as well,” Senator Jack Reed of Rhode Island, the senior Democrat on the Armed Services Committee, said in a statement.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

There are records on Vindman showing he was ideological political in views during his military career. That and his involvement in whislte bowing on the president should and will affect his service and very likely be passed over for promotion to full bird Colenel. Essentially his actions killed his military career.

The military does not seem to agree With that, and had put him on the list for promotion. That would indicate there is no valid reason not to promote him and denying it is politically motivated.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Do you think it is ok for the President to interfere in promotions for political vengeance?

You're making that accusation, The military has different values that affect promotion and Pres. Trump doesn't have to interfere. Vindman cut his career short because of his political ideology. Political ideology/influence is not acceptable in the military. It's a career killer.

With any luck, all the (Lt.) Colonel needs to do is to hang on until January 20, 2021.

It's a good guess that he will jump right over Full Bird and get his first Star on January 21, 2021, or sometime very soon afterwards.

At Tammy's prompting, President Biden will issue the directive to DoD, with orders to expedite the matter.

That way, the Colonel can retire on a General's pay, or continue serving, as he and the service think best.

I want to know how the junior Senator from Illinois on the minority side of the aisle thinks she can block Senate confirmation for these military personnel?

Fillibuster, bitches!!!
It take more than one Senator to filibuster, dumbass!

Do you honestly think that she'll be alone in this? Do you really think that REAL Americans aren't disgusted by Trump's silence and lies on this issue. Why do you think that Republican Senators aren't even commenting on this scandal?

At a minimum, Trump has failed to protect American service men and women. This comes on the heels of his pardoning of a convicted murderer, who shamed the Seals, and all who served under him. FOX viewers may love the guy. The men in his platoon are horrified.
Quotas!

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

You're making that accusation, The military has different values that affect promotion and Pres. Trump doesn't have to interfere. Vindman cut his career short because of his political ideology. Political ideology/influence is not acceptable in the military. It's a career killer.

The military put him on the list. They therefore must not have felt as you do. And Trump should not be pressuring them on it. I disagree with what you say about Vindman, but that is neither here nor there. If the felt he deserved promotion, it should not n
be subject to a political vendetta. The president fired him, as is his right to do, but to exact vengeance in this way is wrong.

With any luck, all the (Lt.) Colonel needs to do is to hang on until January 20, 2021.

It's a good guess that he will jump right over Full Bird and get his first Star on January 21, 2021, or sometime very soon afterwards.

At Tammy's prompting, President Biden will issue the directive to DoD, with orders to expedite the matter.

That way, the Colonel can retire on a General's pay, or continue serving, as he and the service think best.
Hopefully. Biden will stay out of it and leave it up to the military itself.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

The military put him on the list. They therefore must not have felt as you do. And Trump should not be pressuring them on it. I disagree with what you say about Vindman, but that is neither here nor there. If the felt he deserved promotion, it should not n
be subject to a political vendetta. The president fired him, as is his right to do, but to exact vengeance in this way is wrong.

~~~~~~

The Washington Examiner reported:
“This is a bad look for him to be in uniform,” an active duty military officer stationed at the Pentagon told the Washington Examiner. “He makes it look like the Army is behind this. Like the Army is pushing a coup.”​
Another officer was concerned that Vindman’s testimony veered too much into personal assessment. “I don't care what he thinks, he's entitled to his opinion," the officer said. "But it's an opinion and he should give it without the uniform."​
A third officer said that Vindman's weight indicated he would be unlikely to pass the Combat Fitness Test even though he had achieved a Ranger tab earlier in his career.​
Military detailees generally are assigned to a unit within the Department of Defense for administrative issues such as leave and pay. Performance reports, however, are handled by the individual’s boss on the NSC.​
Most NSC staffers are drawn from the military and various other government agencies. They generally are recruited via word-of-mouth, another change from typical government agencies that are notorious for their long application processes.​

Vindman has hurt if not totally destroyed his Performance Record and advancement by testifying and advising his Ukrainian counterparts against Trump National policies. That's a big no, no. That was not his job. That alone would have affected his Performance Evaluation.
Unfortunately you have no military experience to enable you to understand how the military works.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

~~~~~~

The Washington Examiner reported:
“This is a bad look for him to be in uniform,” an active duty military officer stationed at the Pentagon told the Washington Examiner. “He makes it look like the Army is behind this. Like the Army is pushing a coup.”​
Another officer was concerned that Vindman’s testimony veered too much into personal assessment. “I don't care what he thinks, he's entitled to his opinion," the officer said. "But it's an opinion and he should give it without the uniform."​
A third officer said that Vindman's weight indicated he would be unlikely to pass the Combat Fitness Test even though he had achieved a Ranger tab earlier in his career.​
Military detailees generally are assigned to a unit within the Department of Defense for administrative issues such as leave and pay. Performance reports, however, are handled by the individual’s boss on the NSC.​
Most NSC staffers are drawn from the military and various other government agencies. They generally are recruited via word-of-mouth, another change from typical government agencies that are notorious for their long application processes.​

Vindman has hurt if not totally destroyed his Performance Record and advancement by testifying and advising his Ukrainian counterparts against Trump National policies. That's a big no, no. That was not his job. That alone would have affected his Performance Evaluation.
Unfortunately you have no military experience to enable you to understand how the military works.

Three unnamed officers, and commenting on his weight is one criticisms?

Edited to add: Here are some other views: Lt. Col. Vindman’s former Army commander pushes back on Trump’s decision to dismiss officer from National Security Council staff

Vindman also got support from Trump's former chief of staff earlier this week. John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general, said that Vindman did exactly as he was trained by raising concerns to his superiors after hearing "questionable" comments from Trump, according to a report by The Atlantic magazine.

Gen. Joseph Dunford, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, also weighed in, telling CNN that Vindman "is a professional, competent, patriotic, and loyal officer. He has made an extraordinary contribution to the security of our Nation in both peacetime & combat."

Last edited:

The military has already made their decision and Vindman will be passed over for the next rank. He can stay in the military as a Lt. Col for the rest of his life. He will not be advanced to Full Bird Col. or General.

The military has already made their decision and Vindman will be passed over for the next rank. He can stay in the military as a Lt. Col for the rest of his life. He will not be advanced to Full Bird Col. or General.
They did?

...She is a Democrat! That makes her military service suspect at best!
Bull$hit... as a person, and as a public servant, and as a defender of the Republic, she's probably worth a dozen of you...
I believe very little with quotas and diversity today. To much of the phuk ups are covered over. We have saturated important jobs with hiring individuals like this. Lowered standards. What is happening is that people in dangerous are trusting each other in smaller groups if they can. Our nation is like the turtle and the hare with others. And it ends up hurting us in the end as the costs rise incredibly for our advancements. We have impoverished black men and now millions of white men to promote this. The disgruntled males are growing in numbers. Tell us how to rectify this as it will have an ignition point at some time. One world followers...bwhahaaaa!

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

She isn't pressuring anyone. She has announce SHE is doing it, Dumbfuck.

She said 1000. Ask her.

If Vindmann is not deserving then none of them are.
My view is...we don’t decide. There is an internal process that ought to be respected, and no president has the right to politically influence it.

As far as anyone knows, Trump has done nothing. Duckworth wants to hold 1000 people's pay and promotions hostage just in case Trump did.

The issue is immediately on Mr. Esper’s agenda, after the Army this week forwarded him a list of hundreds of officers who are set to be promoted to the next rank, U.S. officials said on Thursday. Included on the list is Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, a decorated combat veteran who served on the staff of the White House’s National Security Council, where he ran afoul of Mr. Trump after testifying against him in the House impeachment hearings.

The White House had made clear to officials in the Pentagon’s office of personnel and readiness, which handles such staffing, that Mr. Trump did not want to see Colonel Vindman promoted, the officials said. In fact, when they saw an earlier draft version of the list two weeks ago, National Security Council staff members told their Defense Department counterparts they had evidence of misconduct by Colonel Vindman.

No such evidence materialized. Officials at the National Security Council declined to comment on matters of personnel.
When are you libtards going to realize that "unnamed sources" mean that some reporter ran with a story he made up and Duckworth bought it hook, line, and sinker??

Forum List

Back