Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

Thank you, I will await your deflection.
She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
She is denying 1000 of them.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.

Can you tell me which particular military member she is personally intervening in, and pressuring them to deny?

She said 1000. Ask her.

You don’t seem to have understood the question. I put it in bold it for you, so won’t miss it this time.
Oh? Please provide me a link that shows she is interfering in the Internal process and telling them to deny those promotions because I haven’t seen anything to that affect. I think you are flailing in defense of anything Trump.
Holding them up isn't interfering?

You are a moron.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

You do not understand the question?

What internal process is she interfering in?

Who is she pressuring the military to deny a promotion to?

Duckworth vows to block over 1,000 military confirmations until Pentagon proves Vindman will be promoted
Vindman was a key witness in the Dem-led Trump impeachment hearings

2 July 2020 ~~ By Louis Casiano
Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., on Thursday announced her intention to block Senate confirmations for 1,123 senior U.S. Armed Forces promotions until Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirms he will not block the "expected and deserved" promotion of Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.
~~Snip~~
In a statement, Duckworth, also an Iraq War veteran who served as a helicopter pilot, accused Trump of trying to politicize the armed forces.
"Our military is supposed to be the ultimate meritocracy," she said. "It is simply unprecedented and wrong for any Commander in Chief to meddle in routine military matters at all, whether or not he has a personal vendetta against a Soldier who did his patriotic duty and told the truth-a Soldier who has been recommended for promotion by his superiors because of his performance.”
Duckworth said she will back off her promise if Esper confirms in writing that he will not block Vindman's promotion to Colonel.

Comment:
Ms. Duckworth..., No need to blackmail Mark Esper. You should know that Mark Esper doesn't have to do a thing and Vindman will be passed over in any case. He's shown political bias previously and his testimony was his death noll for promotion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
So now Democrats are adding BLACKMAIL / EXTORTION of the US Military on top of all of their other proven crimes in attempting to affect yet another coup attempt...

Unbelievable.

Gee she must think she's the entire senate majority all by her stupid lonesome. Maybe she's lost touch with the fact that she's in the toothless minority.

My Senator! Trump couldn't carry that woman's handbag.
She is a Democrat! That makes her military service suspect at best!
What a stupid thing to say considering that she lost both legs flying in combat while every republican president in this century were draft dodgers.
G.W. Bush flew fighter-interceptors. He could just as easily have died or been injured like Duckworth who was in the National Guard.

You really should not compare military records for presidents of candidates. Democrats always come up short. Obama never served and Clinton actually dodged the draft.

Don't forget bonespurs Trump.

What a stupid thing to say considering that she lost both legs flying in combat while every republican president in this century were draft dodgers.
G.W. Bush flew fighter-interceptors. He could just as easily have died or been injured like Duckworth who was in the National Guard.

You really should not compare military records for presidents of candidates. Democrats always come up short. Obama never served and Clinton actually dodged the draft.
He faced a lot of Cong AA in Alabama?

I want to know how the junior Senator from Illinois on the minority side of the aisle thinks she can block Senate confirmation for these military personnel?

Fillibuster, bitches!!!
It take more than one Senator to filibuster, dumbass!

Do you honestly think that she'll be alone in this? Do you really think that REAL Americans aren't disgusted by Trump's silence and lies on this issue. Why do you think that Republican Senators aren't even commenting on this scandal?

At a minimum, Trump has failed to protect American service men and women. This comes on the heels of his pardoning of a convicted murderer, who shamed the Seals, and all who served under him. FOX viewers may love the guy. The men in his platoon are horrified.
He did not pardon a convicted murderer because he was found not guilty. His corpsman admitted killing the terrorist. The Navy wanted to bust him to E-6 and take away his Trident for having his picture taken with the dead body. That was way outside of a proper punishment for that "crime". If his platoon were horrified, they sure held back during his trial. That's how far out of the loop you are! That's not unusual for a Canuck.

OP title is a lie. She is holding it up to ensure no retaliatorypolitical interference on Vindman’s promotion. NOT as the OP dishonestly claims, to ensure his promotion.
She is pulling a political stunt at the expense of the careers of 1000 military members. And you cheer it.

Disgusting.

She is preventing Trump from pulling a political stunt.

You are disgusting.

~~~~~~~
To the uniformed and ignorant that doubt your post....To be accurate, President Bush while in the ABG flew F-102 interceptors.

ABG?

She said 1000. Ask her.

If Vindmann is not deserving then none of them are.
My view is...we don’t decide. There is an internal process that ought to be respected, and no president has the right to politically influence it.

I want to know how the junior Senator from Illinois on the minority side of the aisle thinks she can block Senate confirmation for these military personnel?

Fillibuster, bitches!!!
It take more than one Senator to filibuster, dumbass!

Do you honestly think that she'll be alone in this? Do you really think that REAL Americans aren't disgusted by Trump's silence and lies on this issue. Why do you think that Republican Senators aren't even commenting on this scandal?

At a minimum, Trump has failed to protect American service men and women. This comes on the heels of his pardoning of a convicted murderer, who shamed the Seals, and all who served under him. FOX viewers may love the guy. The men in his platoon are horrified.
He did not pardon a convicted murderer because he was found not guilty. His corpsman admitted killing the terrorist. The Navy wanted to bust him to E-6 and take away his Trident for having his picture taken with the dead body. That was way outside of a proper punishment for that "crime". If his platoon were horrified, they sure held back during his trial. That's how far out of the loop you are! That's not unusual for a Canuck.

Worth noting that the troops who served with him disagree with you. They reported his conduct and testified against him. You are the one who is loopy and your support of Trump shows that.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

My CO was an O-5 waiting to get paid for 0-6. How many thousands of dollars do you think that delay cost him personally?

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

She is denying promotion to 1000 members of the military due for promotion. When I was an O-2, the budget was in such crappy shape, I wore O-3 for over a year before getting paid for it!

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

She said 1000. Ask her.

If Vindmann is not deserving then none of them are.
My view is...we don’t decide. There is an internal process that ought to be respected, and no president has the right to politically influence it.

As far as anyone knows, Trump has done nothing. Duckworth wants to hold 1000 people's pay and promotions hostage just in case Trump did.

She said 1000. Ask her.

You are a moron.

Can you show me where holding up equals denial?

Those personnel will not get the respect offered the higher rank and it will cost them money. You must think it would be OK if they were never promoted. They don't get back pay!

Forum List

Back