'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Of course there is freedom of opinion. Provided that the democrats have approved of that opinion. Disagreement with democrat policies means, naturally, that you are not really expressing your own opinion, but some other opinion based on erroneous information.

It has always been the position of liberals that they are so gentle, so right, so well informed, that no one could possibly disagree with them absent some nefarious influence.

oh I don't thing the TPM is the fringe of the gop. I think elements like Freedom works has used them to primary out, and intimidate other, gop pols who want to broaden the party's scope from simply being about protecting the 1%'s econ interests to the detriment of the rest. And THAT is a losing strategy ultimately, and probably how we ended up with a black man named Barak Obama.

The TPM is just a reaction to the BushII policiies and the gop's willingness to abandon basic gop principles of limited govt ... and lip service to less deficits ... though reality requires me to notice the deficits tend to be smaller pre reagan, and with Sllick. And amazingly they are looking at getting smaller again.

Sure there are extremes at either end of both parties. But you have to be blind to not notice the dem left wing has been remarkably consistent compared to the party that wants to invade Iran to usher in the Rapture and simultaneously grasp limited govt.

except it is ALWAYS the dimocrap party which protects the 1% the most and takes care of the 1% FIRST and FOREMOST - on the expense of the middle class. their last most preposterous achievement in the direction is obamacare crap.
always.
what they lie to the dumbos like yourself meanwhile - does not matter.
you will eat up ANY leftard propaganda lie withought thinking.

I hear it quite often in this day and age, "freedom of opinion." It is a staple of American freedom. But I've been thinking about that this morning, and well, no there is no freedom of opinion anymore. It's impossible for one to have a personal opinion these days. If a person happens to belong to any political party, in reality they have ceded the essences of their opinions to the ideals and directions of the party they belong to. I know, I was a brash young Republican not long ago, my opinions and responses hinged on every ideal the party represented.

But then I had an epiphany: are my opinions really my own? Am I really thinking for myself? The answer to those questions were clearly obvious. Not at all. The disingenuous political stances my 'party' stood for had been dictating my opinions. I was no longer thinking for myself. I had turned into a parrot; a mouthpiece, repeating anything and everything my party was telling me to. Enough was enough. This is what facilitated my transformation into a libertarian. The pattern isn't hard to recognize, really. Politics has a bad way of robbing a person the ability to think for himself. The freedom to have an opinion suddenly hinges on whether someone agrees with them or not. They feel compelled to change the opinions of others and react hostilely to anyone who refuses. Examples of this exist on both ends of the political spectrum.

Firstly, black men, black women, white women and Hispanics have all been co-opted by the Democrats. Their opinions must match the party's platform, or else they're racist, misogynistic, anti immigrant or an Uncle Tom. Examples include Herman Cain, Mia Love, Sarah Palin and Marco Rubio. On the Republican side it is equally as unnerving. Just a few hours ago, I was reading a thread where conservatives were being urged to 'let the gay shit go.' The author dubbed anyone who didn't see eye to eye as a 'hater.' In some ways this could be worse than what Democrats are doing; asking a person to simply sacrifice his or her own ideals and opinions for a little capitulation to the mainstream way of thought. Our Founding Fathers strove for the freedom of thought, not to ascribe to the 'joiners vs. thinkers' mentality. Its as if either party believes they have a monopoly on free thought. Oh, how wrong they are.

The monotony of the two party system is this: Opinion is fact, fact is opinion. One or the other can be summarily dismissed if it doesn't conform to the established way of thinking and doing things. Many intelligent people are victimized by this mentality, and as a result are using such a gift for deleterious means. There is no freedom of opinion in Politics anymore. People are eager to trumpet the causes of their own side; all the meanwhile completely unaware they are being used as tools, and not for the causes of the nation as a whole. The most prominent people in history chose to think for themselves, to not be dictated to by a fixed set of ideals. Politics has a way of stealing away the most precious gem in dwelling in each of us. Our souls.

The problem with opinion is that today so many people sadly spout off UNINFORMED opinions, and they are almost gleeful in the fact that they completely ignore facts wen making those opinions. And that goes for liberals, conservatives, and everyone in between. I've seen COUNTLESS people on various sides of various issues just completely avoid ANY fact and then say "this is my opinion".

Well, an opinion that ignores facts is worthless. Unfortunately far too many Americans spout just such opinions, some of them even manage to get elected.

Yes they have, otherwise they would tell the truth on them being the party of NO in the Civil Rights act of 1964.

When is the DNC and their programmed minions going to own up to it?

The DNC media combined with the far left take over of the public school system is not helping matters.

Kosh, you are speaking hardline reactionary opinions that are not justified by the facts.

For instance, Civil Rights voting in Congress divided along geographical lines, North and West Pubs and Dems voting overwhelming for civil rights against Southern Pubs and Dems voting overwhelmingly against civil rights. Those are the facts.

Wrong again, .
I get it, you think your opinion is a fact. It's not.

oh I don't thing the TPM is the fringe of the gop. I think elements like Freedom works has used them to primary out, and intimidate other, gop pols who want to broaden the party's scope from simply being about protecting the 1%'s econ interests to the detriment of the rest. And THAT is a losing strategy ultimately, and probably how we ended up with a black man named Barak Obama.

The TPM is just a reaction to the BushII policiies and the gop's willingness to abandon basic gop principles of limited govt ... and lip service to less deficits ... though reality requires me to notice the deficits tend to be smaller pre reagan, and with Sllick. And amazingly they are looking at getting smaller again.

Sure there are extremes at either end of both parties. But you have to be blind to not notice the dem left wing has been remarkably consistent compared to the party that wants to invade Iran to usher in the Rapture and simultaneously grasp limited govt.

except it is ALWAYS the dimocrap party which protects the 1% the most and takes care of the 1% FIRST and FOREMOST - on the expense of the middle class. their last most preposterous achievement in the direction is obamacare crap.
always.

Yeah, I've really notice the top 1% lining up for the dems. mellon scafide, mittens, kochs .... LOL

But back to the thread, certainly the more ideologically pure on both sides don't accept freedom of speech within the party. But, why should that be surprising. But the pt was the gop's embrace of neoconservatism ... and elective war .... was an anathema to conservative thought going back to even before FDR, when the party embraced isolationism.

Last edited:
I think some of you are missing the point of my message, while some of you are absolutely on point. The fact there are those of you that you see each other as an enemy or ally, friend or foe, is proof positive that freedom of opinion no longer exists.

However the far right is not in charge of the (R)'s, the far left is in full force in the (D)'s.

That is why the far left is way and above more dangerous.

You may have had a point if the far right was n control of one of the two major parties, they are not.

If the far right was in charge of the (R)'s like the far left is in charge of the (D)'s I would have no problem speaking out against them. Right in the republican party the fringe far right elements are were they are supposed to be and not in charge.

Although all the far left will tell you is that the Tea Party is far right. But then again if JFK were alive today he would be to far right for the (D)'s today. Even Carter is to far right of todays (D) party.

Then what of the Tea Party?

and what is the problem with Tea Party?

neither are they FAR RIGHT, nor are they in control

Thank the Lord they are not in control of the GOP now, and, yes, they are out of the mainstream far far to the reactionary right.

"The empirical evidence suggests people who routinely vote Democrat feel like they need to be protected"

There is no empirical evidence of the sort.

always.

Yeah, I've really notice the top 1% lining up for the dems. mellon scafide, mittens, kochs ....

of course they are. they are their masters, as dimocraps policies benefit the 1% the most.

ALWAYS.

like this brilliant robbery - obamacare - this is better than commie expropriation - it robs middle class TWICE - when you pay for NOTHING ( bloated premiums) and then pay for the services ( co-pays and deductibles) essentially you are paying for no services and the government makes sure you pay to the 1% :lol:

now start your oda about how this crap obamacare is helping the uninsured :lmao:

Yes, many of the TeaPs are consumed be far right reactionary social con values that are anti-gay and pro-hatred.

The same tired, stupid, and racist "the GOP is screwed by demographics" point made for the 8,000,000th time.

Voters are people. They are not robots. They are not vast voting blocs. Many of them actually have brains. Stop being so condescending and dismissive of the independence of the American voter. You cannot place them in a cookie cutter.

I'm sorry voting demographics don't agree with your condescending pre-conceived notions of truth justice and the american way.

The tea party supports medicare. Live with it.

PS, but there are signs that gop leaders are emerging to challange RW ideology on distribution of govt largesse

voting demographics have not changed for the last 50 years.
they do not matter

I suggest to you they do matter because we have lost the popular vote five times and the electoral vote four times in the last six elections because of those demographics.

They won't change, we have to if we wish to compete nationally with a chance for success.

Well as the far left has demonstrated that they believe that their programmed opinions/propaganda is "fact".

Once the far left learns that their programming is DNC propaganda then we all can move forward.

Hey now, both sides are guilty of this. People on both sides are being programmed by their parties to think one way or another.

True, but the far left seems to be the worst of the lot and far more dangerous and damaging.

I've asked this too many times and you've never been able (and likely can't) define what you mean by the "far left". It appears the OP is spot on, you're one of those who simply parrots what you've been told. Maybe you're too poorly educated to actually think - it is a learned skill - and that's sad.

I think some of you are missing the point of my message, while some of you are absolutely on point. The fact there are those of you that you see each other as an enemy or ally, friend or foe, is proof positive that freedom of opinion no longer exists.

I see your point, and I agree. I voted for BushII because I hoped he'd continue the mainstream gop governance of his father and Slick. I didn't expect him to jerk the party to a neoconservative greater Israel for policy and an keynesian econ stimulus at a time when we already had full employment. LOL

There's no doubt that there's merit to the OP, but at the same time there is a battle right now for the hearts and minds of the more conservative party. Not even the very fringe of the dems really embraces Marxism. They embrace the current Pope's econ/govt view in the most recent exhortaion

54. In this context, some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacralized workings of the prevailing economic system. Meanwhile, the excluded are still waiting. To sustain a lifestyle which excludes others, or to sustain enthusiasm for that selfish ideal, a globalization of indifference has developed. Almost without being aware of it, we end up being incapable of feeling compassion at the outcry of the poor, weeping for other people’s pain, and feeling a need to help them, as though all this were someone else’s responsibility and not our own. The culture of prosperity deadens us; we are thrilled if the market offers us something new to purchase. In the meantime all those lives stunted for lack of opportunity seem a mere spectacle; they fail to move us.

The Gop in contrast does not have unamity of the use of force. Some would attack Iran to protect Israel. The myth of Reagan is trotted out to get rid of any financial or enviromental regulation, but Reagan himself created a recession to kill inflation. The party is sort of sorting itself out. You have guys like Bennett and Lugar suddenly not conservative enough, when in reality Bennett was to the right of BushII on spending and Lugar was to the right of BushII AND McCain on for policy. Meanwhile poor Mitt was left trying to be Ceaser: a wife to all his soldiers and a husband their wives. (-:

And now the party leaders are amending the primary election to allow less direct impact by individuals.

Well as the far left has demonstrated that they believe that their programmed opinions/propaganda is "fact".

Once the far left learns that their programming is DNC propaganda then we all can move forward.

Hey now, both sides are guilty of this. People on both sides are being programmed by their parties to think one way or another.

I disagree, Templar. Thoughts (which is what opinions are) are the only things we truly own and control in our lives, and minus advanced, intensive brainwashing techniques, no one can "program" us to think anything.

I think it's the individuals who are to blame. People are lazy, and it's so damned easy to just kneejerk to a fast, easy answer without thinking it through that dogma becomes really appealing.

Do political parties take advantage of this human tendency? Sure. Are they responsible for creating it? Nope.

I'm sorry voting demographics don't agree with your condescending pre-conceived notions of truth justice and the american way.

The tea party supports medicare. Live with it.

PS, but there are signs that gop leaders are emerging to challange RW ideology on distribution of govt largesse

voting demographics have not changed for the last 50 years.
they do not matter

I suggest to you they do matter because we have lost the popular vote five times and the electoral vote four times in the last six elections because of those demographics.

They won't change, we have to if we wish to compete nationally with a chance for success.

jake that is just blah-blah-blah.

popular vote does not decide the elections.

lets see what happens when all those stupid non-voters will have to pay TWICE ( and a lot) for no services provided.

it is not the ones who vote which are the problem.

the problem is in those who do not ;)

I hear it quite often in this day and age, "freedom of opinion." It is a staple of American freedom. But I've been thinking about that this morning, and well, no there is no freedom of opinion anymore. It's impossible for one to have a personal opinion these days. If a person happens to belong to any political party, in reality they have ceded the essences of their opinions to the ideals and directions of the party they belong to. I know, I was a brash young Republican not long ago, my opinions and responses hinged on every ideal the party represented.

But then I had an epiphany: are my opinions really my own? Am I really thinking for myself? The answer to those questions were clearly obvious. Not at all. The disingenuous political stances my 'party' stood for had been dictating my opinions. I was no longer thinking for myself. I had turned into a parrot; a mouthpiece, repeating anything and everything my party was telling me to. Enough was enough. This is what facilitated my transformation into a libertarian. The pattern isn't hard to recognize, really. Politics has a bad way of robbing a person the ability to think for himself. The freedom to have an opinion suddenly hinges on whether someone agrees with them or not. They feel compelled to change the opinions of others and react hostilely to anyone who refuses. Examples of this exist on both ends of the political spectrum.

Firstly, black men, black women, white women and Hispanics have all been co-opted by the Democrats. Their opinions must match the party's platform, or else they're racist, misogynistic, anti immigrant or an Uncle Tom. Examples include Herman Cain, Mia Love, Sarah Palin and Marco Rubio. On the Republican side it is equally as unnerving. Just a few hours ago, I was reading a thread where conservatives were being urged to 'let the gay shit go.' The author dubbed anyone who didn't see eye to eye as a 'hater.' In some ways this could be worse than what Democrats are doing; asking a person to simply sacrifice his or her own ideals and opinions for a little capitulation to the mainstream way of thought. Our Founding Fathers strove for the freedom of thought, not to ascribe to the 'joiners vs. thinkers' mentality. Its as if either party believes they have a monopoly on free thought. Oh, how wrong they are.

The monotony of the two party system is this: Opinion is fact, fact is opinion. One or the other can be summarily dismissed if it doesn't conform to the established way of thinking and doing things. Many intelligent people are victimized by this mentality, and as a result are using such a gift for deleterious means. There is no freedom of opinion in Politics anymore. People are eager to trumpet the causes of their own side; all the meanwhile completely unaware they are being used as tools, and not for the causes of the nation as a whole. The most prominent people in history chose to think for themselves, to not be dictated to by a fixed set of ideals. Politics has a way of stealing away the most precious gem in dwelling in each of us. Our souls.

So you replaced one meaningless term to describe yourself with another?

Why?

You are what YOU ARE. You are unique and I seriously doubt that one word can describe the depth and breadth of your political POVs.

Why limit yourself with a label that will only MISLEAD people?

You're not a cartoon character, you're a thinking human being.

This from a guy who never makes a substantive fact based argument on the board.

Well, in a sense, perhaps the OP is about what Washington feared in a two party system, and why he wanted no parties at all.

And that's not a criticism of the OP.

The dem party's ideology is a far cry from Truman's Fair Deal, which was the last gasp of FDR. I submit the gop's ideology is to the right of Reagan. The parties ebb and flow in appeasing their extemes while capturing the majority of the middle. And the middle actually ebbs and flows along the political continuim, which allows the extremes to ebb and flow. William Buckley found the gop extreme too extreme for him. LOL

This is a funny thread. President Obama is barely center left. The ACA is basically the health care plan of Romney and the Heritage Foundation. Yet now they label it Communistic. That is how far to the right that the GOP has moved. The GOP lost the minorities because they adapted a 21st Century version of the southern strategy. The racist and often putrid references to the Hispanic community of the type we have seen on this board and even repeated by some in the official GOP have turned off a community that is normally fairly conservative.

Ignoring the demographics of the US Citizens is a sure fire way to end up short at the ballot box.

This post is funny. Actually, Obamacare derives its roots from Hillarycare, or what was known as the Health Security Act of 1993. This was going on way before Romney stepped foot in the governor's office. And yes, as with Obamacare, it is redistributionist. I find it quite ironic that liberals like you are now trashing the ACA, after blindly supporting it before. What happened?

At any rate, if the Republicans were ignoring minorities, why are you guys exploiting them? You appeal their emotional side, not their rational side. Why do you continue to play the race card when none of your other ideals appeal to the American people? Last time I checked, Old Rocks, Republican speechwriters don't look to a random political messageboard for their material.

This is a funny thread. President Obama is barely center left. The ACA is basically the health care plan of Romney and the Heritage Foundation. Yet now they label it Communistic. That is how far to the right that the GOP has moved. The GOP lost the minorities because they adapted a 21st Century version of the southern strategy. The racist and often putrid references to the Hispanic community of the type we have seen on this board and even repeated by some in the official GOP have turned off a community that is normally fairly conservative.

Ignoring the demographics of the US Citizens is a sure fire way to end up short at the ballot box.

This post is funny. Actually, Obamacare derives its roots from Hillarycare, or what was known as the Health Security Act of 1993. This was going on way before Romney stepped foot in the governor's office. And yes, as with Obamacare, it is redistributionist. I find it quite ironic that liberals like you are now trashing the ACA, after blindly supporting it before. What happened?

At any rate, if the Republicans were ignoring minorities, why are you guys exploiting them? You appeal their emotional side, not their rational side. Why do you continue to play the race card when none of your other ideals appeal to the American people? Last time I checked, Old Rocks, Republican speechwriters don't look to a random political messageboard for their material.

A path to citizenship is appealing to 'emotions?' This is why I sometimes really can't take you seriously.

Forum List

Back