'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Firstly, black men, black women, white women and Hispanics have all been co-opted by the Democrats. Their opinions must match the party's platform, or else they're racist, misogynistic, anti immigrant or an Uncle Tom.

I completely disagree with this statement. Democrats have not "co-opted" these people. But these people are extremely wary of the republican party because there is an open belief amongst republicans that these people's cultures are eroding and damaging this country. That's a big turn off and, in my opinion, the major obstacle facing the GOP in attracting minority votes.

I'm not saying republicans are racist at all. That's a completely separate idea.

The empirical evidence suggests people who routinely vote Democrat feel like they need to be protected. It's kind of the wimpy guy syndrome. That's why cops, military guys, and gun owners tend to vote Republican.

The core Democrat voting blocs are all groups that tend to feel the Government needs to protect them. Blacks, gays, and single women. The Democrat Party skillfully plays to their fears.

The Republican Party plays to the fears of the tough self-sufficient men and women who feel threatened by Government overreach and a dissolution of the values that made this Country great. Those mean Democrats will take away your guns and your God. You will be overrun by a greedy, lazy, minority horde.

Both parties play to fear. Personally, I generally don't like the Democrat philosophy...not because I dislike minorities, but because I do not want the Government all up in my junk. I can take care of myself just fine, thank you. :)

However the far right is not in charge of the (R)'s, the far left is in full force in the (D)'s.

That is why the far left is way and above more dangerous.

You may have had a point if the far right was n control of one of the two major parties, they are not.

If the far right was in charge of the (R)'s like the far left is in charge of the (D)'s I would have no problem speaking out against them. Right in the republican party the fringe far right elements are were they are supposed to be and not in charge.

Although all the far left will tell you is that the Tea Party is far right. But then again if JFK were alive today he would be to far right for the (D)'s today. Even Carter is to far right of todays (D) party.

Then what of the Tea Party?

and what is the problem with Tea Party?

neither are they FAR RIGHT, nor are they in control

I was watching with pleasure as they brought the Republican establishment to their knees during the Government shutdown, but I'm no fool, Vox. The Unions, Environmentalists, Civil Rights activists, Gay Rights activists, and Feminists can all do the same to the Democratic party.

There's always a group in one party or the other that has the establishment running in fear, unwilling or unable to bring about their own agendas or opinions for fear of alienating a key voting bloc. Remember how John Boehner reacted to the Tea Party over the budget? It's a similar pattern between the Tea Party and the innumerable special interest groups that have control of the Democratic party.

Just FYI, I am a member of the Tea Party. But like I said, I can share their ideals without being consumed by them. I am not a believer in blind loyalty.

I have a couple of friends who are tea party members. The are fine, patriotic Americans. They are not overly concerned about social issues. The are very concerned about the erosion of our Constitutional Rights and the fiscal situation of our Government.

People who assume Tea Party folks are "right wing nut jobs" who are vehemently anti-gay, anti-minority could not be more wrong. That is not where they are coming from.

Then what of the Tea Party?

I was watching with pleasure as they brought the Republican establishment to their knees during the Government shutdown, but I'm no fool, Vox. The Unions, Environmentalists, Civil Rights activists, Gay Rights activists, and Feminists can all do the same to the Democratic party.

There's always a group in one party or the other that has the establishment running in fear, unwilling or unable to bring about their own agendas or opinions for fear of alienating a key voting bloc. Remember how John Boehner reacted to the Tea Party over the budget? It's a similar pattern between the Tea Party and the innumerable special interest groups that have control of the Democratic party.

Just FYI, I am a member of the Tea Party. But like I said, I can share their ideals without being consumed by them. I am not a believer in blind loyalty.

and what is so far right about bringing republican establishment to their knees during the shutdown?

are you sure you REALLY gave it a thought through, TK and are not just repeating the media templates which have been repeated ad nauseum exactly for this reason?

insisting on government shutdown has nothing to do with "being far right".

It has to do with being strong in ones beliefs and able to withstand pressure from the opponent - which by itself is not a political spectrum characteristic.

what the media and all other leftard shills have created is this lying narrative that somehow being able to withstand pressure and not caving upon it ( or not agreeing for pork exchange and business as usual) is somehow a fringe feature.

since WHEN?

Last edited:
Given that I am a Tea Partier, I speak from experience. People like me should exemplify a complete contradiction to the "Tea Partiers are right wing nut job reactionary racist bigots" stereotype.

I have a couple of friends who are tea party members. The are fine, patriotic Americans. They are not overly concerned about social issues. The are very concerned about the erosion of our Constitutional Rights and the fiscal situation of our Government.

People who assume Tea Party folks are "right wing nut jobs" who are vehemently anti-gay, anti-minority could not be more wrong. That is not where they are coming from.

standard people don't "assume" anything.

people usually parrot what has been repeated in the media without giving it too much analysis.

that is why the leftard lying propaganda machine is so effective - because the lies can be repeated constantly and people will eventually believe it.

Goebbels was not an idiot.

he was evil, but very smart.

and what is so far right about bringing republican establishment to their knees during the shutdown?

are you sure you REALLY gave it a thought through, TK and are not just repeating the media templates which have been repeated ad nauseum exactly for this reason?

It has to do with being strong in ones beliefs and able to withstand pressure from the opponent - which by itself is not a political spectrum characteristic.

what the media and all other leftard shills have created is this lying narrative that somehow being able to withstand pressure and not caving upon it ( or not agreeing for pork exchange and business as usual) is somehow a fringe feature.

since WHEN?

Why are you getting so defensive? Notice how I haven't labeled the Tea Party "far right" yet. In fact, I resist such a label. If that were true, I would be saying I was far right. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wanted the government shutdown to last as long as possible.

I don't make posts like these without giving serious thought to them. Should I post anything absent of thought, that will be the day I turn into one of our abhorrent board trolls.

Last edited:
I don't think Tea Party as a movement is even that RIGHT to start with.

because I know what the very loose movement stands for.

But I usually analyze whatever is being told to me and I generally do not believe what media are spewing ( an immune response from my previous life) altogether.

However, I can clearly see that the vast majority of neutral people are easily being brainwashed in the needed direction exactly by the example of the Tea party.

This is a funny thread. President Obama is barely center left. The ACA is basically the health care plan of Romney and the Heritage Foundation. Yet now they label it Communistic. That is how far to the right that the GOP has moved. The GOP lost the minorities because they adapted a 21st Century version of the southern strategy. The racist and often putrid referances to the Hispanic community of the type we have seen on this board and even repeated by some in the official GOP have turned off a community that is normally fairly conservative.

Ignoring the demograpics of the US Citizens is a sure fire way to end up short at the ballot box.

Today's gop already has universal care: medicare.

since WHEN?

Why are you getting so defensive? Notice how I haven't labeled the Tea Party "far right" yet. In fact, I resist such a label. If that were true, I would be saying I was far right. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wanted the government shutdown to last as long as possible.

I don't make posts like these without giving serious thought to them. Should I post anything absent of thought, that will be the day I turn into one of our abhorrent board trolls.

DEFENSIVE?

I am not getting defensive at all, I just point another side of the supposedly black and white issue.

which is not black and white at all, but being labeled as such.

Last edited:
This is a funny thread. President Obama is barely center left. The ACA is basically the health care plan of Romney and the Heritage Foundation. Yet now they label it Communistic. That is how far to the right that the GOP has moved. The GOP lost the minorities because they adapted a 21st Century version of the southern strategy. The racist and often putrid referances to the Hispanic community of the type we have seen on this board and even repeated by some in the official GOP have turned off a community that is normally fairly conservative.

Ignoring the demograpics of the US Citizens is a sure fire way to end up short at the ballot box.

The same tired, stupid, and racist "the GOP is screwed by demographics" point made for the 8,000,000th time.

Voters are people. They are not robots. They are not vast voting blocs. Many of them actually have brains. Stop being so condescending and dismissive of the independence of the American voter. You cannot place them in a cookie cutter.

The same tired, stupid, and racist "the GOP is screwed by demographics" point made for the 8,000,000th time.

Voters are people. They are not robots. They are not vast voting blocs. Many of them actually have brains. Stop being so condescending and dismissive of the independence of the American voter. You cannot place them in a cookie cutter.

I'm sorry voting demographics don't agree with your condescending pre-conceived notions of truth justice and the american way.

The tea party supports medicare. Live with it.

PS, but there are signs that gop leaders are emerging to challange RW ideology on distribution of govt largesse

Last edited:

and untrue, btw.

neither black, nor latino community was ever pro-republican. the only exception was for W election - and therefore dimocraps made sure that his proposal for immigration measures were shut down before they could even be launched.
because dimocraps want to be the only plantators on the minority plantation.

and all the repetition of the untrue patterns are just to brainwash the sheeple majority in the direction - they can not vote any other way than dimocrap, if they have even one black or latino erythrocyte - even if it is against their own interest ( which always is - voting dimocrap is ALWAYS against your own interest, unless you are an extremely rich or the scum at the bottom).

I'm sorry voting demographics don't agree with your condescending pre-conceived notions of truth justice and the american way.

PS, but there are signs that gop leaders are emerging to challange RW ideology on distribution of govt largesse

voting demographics have not changed for the last 50 years.
they do not matter

You quote a racist post and then say all GOP supporters are on Medicare. Nice. That mentality is not going to promote your ideology very far. Sorry. and btw...people are human beings, and voters....not demographics. That is a marketing term and again betrays your mentality.

the sheeple usually gets that voting dimocrap is ALWAYS against your own interest, unless you are an extremely rich or the scum at the bottom, but it has to take a hit on a pocket and on the head.

which obamacare crap will definitely do. some idiots will die and still be leftard idiots, but the relative majority has common sense when it comes to their own interest.

Last edited:

since WHEN?

DEFENSIVE?

I am not getting defensive at all, I just point another side of the supposedly black and white issue.

I don't have an issue with the Tea Party. I don't think they were 'far right.' I don't believe either the former nor the latter of those two statements. I have repeatedly made it clear I am a member. But being such, I will not have my core ideals and opinions co-opted by them. If you take issue with the Tea Party being called 'far right', talk to Kosh, he made that assertion.

The Tea Party is a breath of fresh air for America, Vox, but the political pattern is undeniable. If looking from a purely political standpoint, we would be seen as a fringe element of the Republican party. I'm being objective, nothing more. It's like the last two or three people on the team in a game of tug-of-war, sometimes they make more of a difference than the ones in the middle.

DEFENSIVE?

I don't have an issue with the Tea Party. I don't think they were 'far right.' I don't believe either the former nor the latter of those two statements. I have repeatedly made it clear I am a member. But being such, I will not have my core ideals and opinions co-opted by them. If you take issue with the Tea Party being called 'far right', talk to Kosh, he made that assertion.

The Tea Party is a breath of fresh air for America, Vox, but the political pattern is undeniable. If looking from a purely political standpoint, we would be seen as a fringe element of the Republican party. I'm being objective, nothing more. It's like the last two or three people on the team in a game of tug-of-war, sometimes they make more of a difference than the ones in the middle.

I know, you do not. I was just pointing out that the pattern of labeling them a "far right wing" has it's effect even on the people who are sympathetic to the movement , maybe not directly, but some undertones :)
Tea party can be seen as a fringe element only from the standpoint of tactics of doing business in Washington, DC, not from the standpoint of the political values.
All of those called RINOs do not differ much in the values system, they differ a lot in the methods of achievement of the said values.

oh I don't thing the TPM is the fringe of the gop. I think elements like Freedom works has used them to primary out, and intimidate other, gop pols who want to broaden the party's scope from simply being about protecting the 1%'s econ interests to the detriment of the rest. And THAT is a losing strategy ultimately, and probably how we ended up with a black man named Barak Obama.

The TPM is just a reaction to the BushII policiies and the gop's willingness to abandon basic gop principles of limited govt ... and lip service to less deficits ... though reality requires me to notice the deficits tend to be smaller pre reagan, and with Sllick. And amazingly they are looking at getting smaller again.

Sure there are extremes at either end of both parties. But you have to be blind to not notice the dem left wing has been remarkably consistent compared to the party that wants to invade Iran to usher in the Rapture and simultaneously grasp limited govt.

Forum List

Back