'Avengers' Star Tom Hiddleston in Early Talks to Lead Relativity's 'The Crow'

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Another remake...have these people no shame?

Tom Hiddleston may be flying from super villain to superhero, as "The Avengers" star is in early discussions to play Eric Draven in Relativity Media's reimagining of "The Crow," individuals close to the project have told TheWrap.

Based on the James O'Barr comic book series that was previously adapted as a 1994 Miramax movie starring Brandon Lee, "The Crow" follows a man who returns from beyond the grave to avenge his death.

Ed Pressman of Pressman Film and Kevin Misher of Misher Films are producing with Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh and Jeff Most. Dan Farah of Farah Films will executive produce with Relativity's Tucker Tooley.

Hiddleston recently had dinner with producers and sent them a makeup test that he did on his own in London. He will undergo a proper makeup test in the coming days, as the character's appearance is important to fans of the franchise, who should be delighted with the casting of a major member of the Marvel universe.

Acclaimed Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Gutierrez ("Before the Fall") is directing "The Crow" from a script by Cliff Dorfman ("Warrior"), though it's possible that other writers will be credited as well.

Production is tentatively scheduled to begin this fall, though the timetable could move slightly depending on several factors.

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

I love The Crow, one of my all time favorite movies.

The sequels were all crap.

I expect the reboot, if it gets made, to be crap. I wish they wouldn't do it.

I'm not a particular fan of Hiddleston. While most comic book people seem to think he was amazing as Loki, I found the character to be somewhat dull and poorly written, especially in Thor. So I don't have a lot of desire to see him play one of my favorite characters.

Still, if this movie gets made, I will have to watch it. :redface:

No. Just no imagination.

Nope they don't. Just look at all the House Wives of... reality crap they churn out. Says it all right there.

I love The Crow, one of my all time favorite movies.

The sequels were all crap.

I expect the reboot, if it gets made, to be crap. I wish they wouldn't do it.

I'm not a particular fan of Hiddleston. While most comic book people seem to think he was amazing as Loki, I found the character to be somewhat dull and poorly written, especially in Thor. So I don't have a lot of desire to see him play one of my favorite characters.

Still, if this movie gets made, I will have to watch it. :redface:

Like Patrick Swayze being best known for Point Break and Dirty Dancing (both being remade). When you think "the Crow" you think Brandon Lee. I just think they should leave some things alone.

Forum List

Back