Dow plunge accelerates, on pace for worst day of 2024

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Your economy is so good, the Dow is down 700 points so far today, 02/13/24

OBTW, Japan? You know, that Country that is so envious of us for our recovery from the Kung Flu.....

Their Market, the Nikkei, is up over 30% on a moving year and today alone is up nearly 3%

Thanks, Mr President. We really appreciate the job you're doing.

Now I don't have to worry about buying that new car my Wife needs or buying a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood because -- we can't afford it.

You're such a wonderful President, I could just shit

OBTW, Japan? You know, that Country that is so envious of us for our recovery from the Kung Flu.....

Their Market, the Nikkei, is up over 30% on a moving year and today alone is up nearly 3%

Now I don't have to worry about buying that new car my Wife needs or buying a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood because -- we can't afford it.

this is all the quid pro quo biden was paid for,,

The price of gold went down below $2,000, indicating a sense that inflation is under control. Thank you, Joe.

They didn't say anything when the market recently hit all time highs. Not to mention the fact that the market is transitory and volatile, and is not the economy.

Nothing demonstrates the Dunning-Kruger Effect more accurately than a Trumpster trying to talk about markets & economics.

Republicans and Trump supporters are wealthier than the average Biden voter. We may just know something that you haven't figured out yet.

Wow, one day and you are ripping Biden? YTD, I am up huge in my work 401(k) and close to huge in my IRA accounts.

Anyone that judges the market by one day, good or bad, doesn't understand the market.

Maybe you should annualize your returns over the entirety of Biden's term. You may be surprised that they aren't exceptional, unless you were enlightened enough to move all your money to a safe haven in 2022(worst year since 2008) or you are the king of shorts.

Wow, one day and you are ripping Biden? YTD, I am up huge in my work 401(k) and close to huge in my IRA accounts.

Anyone that judges the market by one day, good or bad, doesn't understand the market.
Today's CPI report was all that was needed to start a way overdue correction.

To be honest I figured it would pick back up by this time of day with people buying on the dip after the -400+ opening. Not good....-735 now.

The price of gold went down below $2,000, indicating a sense that inflation is under control. Thank you, Joe.

They didn't say anything when the market recently hit all time highs. Not to mention the fact that the market is transitory and volatile, and is not the economy.

Nothing demonstrates the Dunning-Kruger Effect more accurately than a Trumpster trying to talk about markets & economics.
Speaking for myself I know when to keep my powder dry, I knew it was just a matter of time before the DOW took a huge shit on Bidenomics.

They had already parsed the weak jobs report (way too many part time jobs) and found it wanting so the CPI report today was the straw.....With that report there is no way the fed will lower interest rates any time soon.

The market did not think much of the O-dark-thirty Ukraine funding bill the senate passed either. It shows that the senate feels no restraint as far as continued reckless spending goes....-753 now.

Joeflation is back:

Fed Rate Hikes Are Back in the Conversation After Hot Inflation Report​

A higher-than-expected January inflation reading has pushed out Wall Street’s collective forecast for interest-rate decreases in 2024. Markets now don’t expect a cut until June, and a resumption of Federal Reserve rate increases could even be in play.

I've been in the Market for 35 fucking years. Not one lousy, stinking year. If I had gotten into the Market one year ago, maybe the reutrns wouldn't look so bad. But I didn't. I'm in the hole from when Sponge Brains Shits Pants stole Office, once you factor in inflation

Biden's economy sucks ass. It's not as bad as Carter's but the Fed has become more sophisticated since then.

Bidenflation is such a wonderful thing. The latest CPI number indicates rising inflation and that squashes any hope the Fed could reduce rates.

There was real ugliness on the Dow and the financial markets took a beating.

U.S. stocks tumbled in a broad sell-off after a hotter-than-expected inflation report may jeopardize the Federal Reserve’s plan to cut interest rates.

I notice you NEVER report on days its up?
you do know it GO,s UP as well as Down?

The markets unhappy the free money isn't going to start back up any time soon. Imagine that.

Forum List

Back