DOW down over 700 points 1/24

Bears make money.
Bulls make money.
Pigs get slaughtered.

The end is nigh......if you bail out now you'll lose less.

Jump back in?

Try to time it for about an hour before the declaration of war that comes as soon as somebody reminds the brain-dead Xiden about the ONLY way Democrats use to fix the economies they have broken.

This time, though, women will be drafted as well as men. But only women will have to pass the hair-sniff part of the physical.

Which wars did not occur under a democrat?

You could say Lincoln, but I was only talking about foreign wars.

You could say "W" but the Gulf war was hardly a major war, and "W" voted for Biden. (wink, wink) You kids now own "W".

Congrats.

Omicron and Ukraine.
eyerolldlksldj.gif

Two main things at play:
1) Dow has no confidence in Joey effectively dealing with foreign policy.
2) 6 Fed interest rate hikes due this year.

After the stellar performance of the dow during the Trump admin, the index being virtually flat for a year because of the vegetable points to ANOTHER failure by dementia Joe and the democrats. Fuck Joe Biden.

The DJI was up 12% for the year ending 20 Jan 2022. That is not flat.

You must have been totally freaking out between 1 Jan 2018 and 1 Jan 2019 when the DJI was down 5.63%, the S&P was down 6.24, and the NASDAQ was down 3.6%.

You must have been totally freaking out between 1 Jan 2018 and 1 Jan 2019 when the DJI was down 5.63%, the S&P was down 6.24, and the NASDAQ was down 3.6%.
And if you think this is the bottom, I have a bridge to sell ya!

Mwhahahaha!!!

And if you think this is the bottom, I have a bridge to sell ya!

Mwhahahaha!!!

whether this is the bottom or not does not change the historical data between 2021 and 2022.

How can you not know this?

When the vegetable racks up gains near 50% over four years---TWICE, come and talk to me you disingenuous POS. Tell us again how much less you are paying for fuel and food today than you were a year ago. You know, when you tell lies--they don't go away.

We all get tentative on stock markets. At one time it was most real in defining our nation's economic fortunes. But now one way or the other a massive amount of fiat currency is pushed into it when it falters. It keeps people getting their checks and dividends. But it cannot stop our real decline. The system will unravel from itself. From the men who control the finances of the world who have been part and parcel of promoting a system where government politicians run massive deficits to pay for everything they can get, and it will never be enough.

Strangely enough it seems that the mainstream media has been pushing for a shooting war with Russia over a corrupt little country like Ukraine and Wall Street doesn't like it. Biden thought he could regain America's confidence with a wobbly 2 hour speech and it seems we are worse off. Let's go Brandon.
When has Wall Street ever objected to killing civilians for profit anywhere?

The Masters of the Universe are much more concerned with the Fed cutting off their Free Lunch today just as they were in 2018:

A Look at What Happened in 2018 When the Fed Raised Interest Rates Four Times

"For a reminder to our readers of what happened in 2018, the last time the Fed gently tapped its foot on the brake four times, we’ve listed below some of the headlines we ran in 2018 at Wall Street On Parade.

"The Fed was not at all aggressive with rate hikes in 2018: it gently raised the Fed Funds rate by a quarter of a point on March 22, June 14, September 27 and December 20.

"But that was enough to deeply unsettle markets – particularly the megabanks on Wall Street.

"Consider these headlines and the details in the articles:"

Yesterday’s Stock Market Plunge Saw Indiscriminate Dumping of Stocks

Wall Street Banks Tank Yesterday as Contagion Threat Grows

The Fed Gives Wall Street Banks Okay to Prop Up Their Stock Prices

Why Did Trump Just Bully the Federal Reserve on Interest Rates

I closed out my position in Ford this morning. Seemed like a good time to do it being down 20% from it's high a few weeks ago and the market shaking the way it is. Made about a 70% profit on it.

When the vegetable racks up gains near 50% over four years---TWICE, come and talk to me you disingenuous POS. Tell us again how much less you are paying for fuel and food today than you were a year ago. You know, when you tell lies--they don't go away.

I have to admit, I do so love the triggering effect that facts have on you all

And the market finishes UP.

When are people going to learn not to take short term market machinations seriously?

I'll guess: Never.

Silly.

Silly question, they only ignore them when their guy is sitting in the White House

Silly question, they only ignore them when their guy is sitting in the White House
Everything is polluted and perverted by politics now. You can't even discuss markets without the ignorant horseshit flowing.

I had a meeting with an advisory client this morning, and he just went OFF with non-stop partisan misinformation. His wife just sat there, rolling her eyes.

It happens all the time. I just let them blow off steam and spout their nutter talking points, and when they're done, I change the subject and get back to reality with them.

Forum List

Back