Don’t let the rightwing fool you: the economy is doing well under Biden

I think it has improved for lower wage earners. My wife who has worked at fast food restraunts all her life on low wages has definitely benefited since Biden is in office. She has more money, is paid more, gets free food everyday, salary raises, stimulus checks.

There is no doubt a lot of people are making more money, but that gain is lost when you spend it due to the new cost of living. It's a wash. I'm retired but I can't imagine what I'd be spending in gasoline today if I still worked (which was 20 miles from my home). I do know that as a single guy, I'm spending hundreds of dollars a month more at the grocery store. Global warming hasn't been nice to me either. For years I was paying $50.00 a month for natural gas to heat my apartment. I had to up that to $75.00 and will be paying that every month year round as I did when I was paying $50.00 a month, and I may still be behind come spring.

We wouldn’t need them if we didn’t provide Americans a better alternative to those jobs. We pay people to do nothing. How long do you think it will take for the immigrant MCD workers to figure out that they can get benefits and stay at home too? Yes, Democrats will be pushing that as well. It is losing strategy.
Another right wing montra lie. Pay people to do nothing? We still doing that? No

Yes we know your right wing talking points. Who gives a fuck about the border ray? We only cared during the bush recession where jobs were scarce. Nobody cares when for every 1 person looking we have 1.5 jobs. We need them. Bring them in. The poorer the better because the jobs available are mcd and starbuck jobs.

Right, immigrants are not a problem. They don't come here and kill Americans. They don't drive around drunk harming and killing Americans. They don't cost taxpayers over a billion dollars a year. They don't take their US dollars and ship them back home to their families. They pay cash for their medical care instead of going to the ER and leaving them with the bill everybody else has to pay for. They don't retard the learning process for our children who have to share classrooms with immigrant children who barely know a few words of English. They don't compete with Americans for jobs thus lowering our wages.

Who cares if they come here? :eusa_shhh:

There is no doubt a lot of people are making more money, but that gain is lost when you spend it due to the new cost of living. It's a wash. I'm retired but I can't imagine what I'd be spending in gasoline today if I still worked (which was 20 miles from my home). I do know that as a single guy, I'm spending hundreds of dollars a month more at the grocery store. Global warming hasn't been nice to me either. For years I was paying $50.00 a month for natural gas to heat my apartment. I had to up that to $75.00 and will be paying that every month year round as I did when I was paying $50.00 a month, and I may still be behind come spring.
I remember I was driving 2 hours a day on bush’s watch and gas was $4 a gallon. So don’t tell me to vote gop for lower gas prices. I’ll vote democratic so we can get more battery cars.

Right, immigrants are not a problem. They don't come here and kill Americans. They don't drive around drunk harming and killing Americans. They don't cost taxpayers over a billion dollars a year. They don't take their US dollars and ship them back home to their families. They pay cash for their medical care instead of going to the ER and leaving them with the bill everybody else has to pay for. They don't retard the learning process for our children who have to share classrooms with immigrant children who barely know a few words of English. They don't compete with Americans for jobs thus lowering our wages.

Who cares if they come here? :eusa_shhh:
It’s just no a major issue right now. It is if you’re trying To rile up the racist vote so I know you wont stop using it.

not interested in talking about this. You’re just so wrong on so many levels.

I remember I was driving 2 hours a day on bush’s watch and gas was $4 a gallon. So don’t tell me to vote gop for lower gas prices. I’ll vote democratic so we can get more battery cars.

And China will kiss you for it. Not so much their slave labor but the government will.

The materials used to make those batteries have to be mined. They are rare earth materials only available in certain countries, China being the top one, as if we don't depend on China enough for what we have.

And what happens when we run out of that material?

Trump had a way better economy than GW, yet on the national level, we never hit $3.00 per gallon of gasoline. This is what happens when you have a great economy with a very pro-energy President which GW was not. Under Trump we were the largest energy exporter of the world.

It’s just no a major issue right now. It is if you’re trying To rile up the racist vote so I know you wont stop using it.

not interested in talking about this. You’re just so wrong on so many levels.

And yet you have no way to point out one thing I'm wrong about. You know I have evidence for everything I claim on USMB.

And China will kiss you for it. Not so much their slave labor but the government will.

The materials used to make those batteries have to be mined. They are rare earth materials only available in certain countries, China being the top one, as if we don't depend on China enough for what we have.

And what happens when we run out of that material?

Trump had a way better economy than GW, yet on the national level, we never hit $3.00 per gallon of gasoline. This is what happens when you have a great economy with a very pro-energy President which GW was not. Under Trump we were the largest energy exporter of th
And yet you have no way to point out one thing I'm wrong about. You know I have evidence for everything I claim on USMB.

That doesn’t lower

The reasons for the price spike are textbook supply and demand from an economics textbook: Americans have gotten back to driving more this summer as the pandemic has moderated, and a combination of domestic supply interruptions and trouble in energy markets overseas have made crude oil more expensive.

I pinned high gas prices on bush so I don’t blame you for this tactic.

global pandemic.

The reasons for the price spike are textbook supply and demand from an economics textbook: Americans have gotten back to driving more this summer as the pandemic has moderated, and a combination of domestic supply interruptions and trouble in energy markets overseas have made crude oil more expensive.

I pinned high gas prices on bush so I don’t blame you for this tactic.

global pandemic.

Again Bush was not a pro energy President. He is the reason we don't have incandescent light bulbs any longer. He's the reason diesel took such a huge hike that costs us much more in transportation, and trust me, I know this for a fact as a retired truck driver for over 30 years.

Yes economic activity plays a part, but riddle me this: If it were all because of more people driving around alone, why in our best economy in 50 years did it never hit $3.00 a gallon? The answer is we had a pro-energy President. If OPEC were pulling their shit on Trump that they are pulling on Dementia today, Trump would have increased US oil production. but an anti-energy President like Dementia would never dream of it because given a reasonable choice, people choose fossil fuel vehicles over electric any day of the week, and the commies are trying to force us into those vehicles.

The economy isn’t perfect, so naturally republicans cherry pick the negative and pretend the positive isn’t occurring.

No one is going to pretend inflation isn’t important, but if you pretend it’s the only thing that matters, you sound dumb.

1)The Dow has increased 16.8% under Biden
The S&P has seen more records under Biden than Trump. 63.

2) The number of people working under Biden has grown by 5.8 million. Trump’s record on this same stretch of time was pitiful.

3) Wages have increased by 3.1% even though this increase has been slower than inflation. $31 per hour average

4) The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.6%

5) Checking accounts are 50% fatter than they were pre-pandemic. The bottom 50% of earners have 3 trillion more in wealth.

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”​

― Abraham Lincoln

Show me the tax rate was 30%
Wait. You posted that you wanted to go back to Carter tax rates, and you have no clue WTF they were?

Perhaps you should try thinking for yourself for once, and not just spew the moronic Dimtard talking point bullshit your handlers feed you.

Sure it is. We need taxes. We set them at a certain rate a long time ago. When you cut taxes, you’re bankrupting us and giving them money you shouldn’t be GIVING
You dumbass position assumes all money belongs to the government. It doesn’t.

Don’t let the rightwing fool you: the economy is doing well under Biden​

You're on a roll, Billy

1643562826561.png

Sure it is. We need taxes. We set them at a certain rate a long time ago. When you cut taxes, you’re bankrupting us and giving them money you shouldn’t be GIVING

Can you elaborate on that point, please? Explain how cutting someone's rate is "giving" them money. This ought to be a riot

not a word about the plague flooding over the border.:omg:
Veggie Joe is spreading hundreds of thousands of Fauci Flu infested illegal around the country, and Dimwingers cheer.

But if one of them runs into an American without a mask in Walmart they go full Karen on them.

Hypocritical morons,

The economy isn’t perfect, so naturally republicans cherry pick the negative and pretend the positive isn’t occurring.

No one is going to pretend inflation isn’t important, but if you pretend it’s the only thing that matters, you sound dumb.

1)The Dow has increased 16.8% under Biden
The S&P has seen more records under Biden than Trump. 63.

2) The number of people working under Biden has grown by 5.8 million. Trump’s record on this same stretch of time was pitiful.

3) Wages have increased by 3.1% even though this increase has been slower than inflation. $31 per hour average

4) The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.6%

5) Checking accounts are 50% fatter than they were pre-pandemic. The bottom 50% of earners have 3 trillion more in wealth.

My business had to shut down.. had to lay off workers. It’s sad

Forum List

Back