Don’t hire this generation. !!

On the general topic, moving to an 8 day work week; 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off; would be healthier for the general population.

Humans really weren't biologically programmed to be 8 hour a day robots for more than 70% of their living days. Contrary to popular belief, the hunter gatherer life was pretty lazy outside of the trimonthly hunt.

I do believe this will be the generation that brings it all down. Maybe a few years of hard depression will bring them around but I seriously doubt it.

Have to disagree. I hire recent college grads for analytical positions using specialized industry software and Excel basically and they are very fast learners and hard workers.

It’s true though, that this generation isn’t a slave to the machine so you can’t kick them in the balls and listen to them ask for more. They are requiring a two way relationship now. They get something and you get something. If you can’t honor that you’ll lose them to greener pastures.

Have to disagree. I hire recent college grads for analytical positions using specialized industry software and Excel basically and they are very fast learners and hard workers.

It’s true though, that this generation isn’t a slave to the machine so you can’t kick them in the balls and listen to them ask for more. They are requiring a two way relationship now. They get something and you get something. If you can’t honor that you’ll lose them to greener pastures.

Good points Gator.

I'm old, school, do any square root in my head, most any math, photo memory. Younger gen has let "me" down, the way I see/saw it. Note saw.

HOWEVER. There is more than what we "see" I really believe the younger gen is NOT dumb at all, and has much to offer. Just need to approach them different than what my 66 year old ass is used to.

I do interact with everyone what little time I have to do that, and these kids are NOT dumb. Different, yes. Much to offer if people do realize it'a a 2 way, piss them off they dig in. Like we did, didn't we?

Forum List

Back