Dollar is the worst performing currency in the world and its falling even more

Trump is doing all he can to bring the economy to its knees before he leaves. Once Trump is gone the dollar will rebound.
And what crack you been smoking.shut the fuck up idiot and get off that deserted island you been on for decades,thanks to both corrupt parties,the dollar each year has lost its value moron.

Trump is doing all he can to bring the economy to its knees before he leaves. Once Trump is gone the dollar will rebound.
He is? How is he doing that? Good jobs report?
Mnuchin plans to move $455B in coronavirus relief out of Biden's reach
The Trump administration’s abrupt decision to curtail the Federal Reserve’s emergency lending programs is a gamble with no upside.
Seems he's protecting the people. It means that the 455 billion needs congressional approval.
You do know why, right? Because he wants to make sure that Nan can't use it for state debt in Ca. and NY.
Not because of the virus, because of the poor management prior to the virus. Seems prudent to me.
You?
No. Maybey you should get hold of FOX News and let them know that is what it was about. Nancy and California were not mentioned in the FOX News report or the NY TIMES. Is this your theory as a republican, something you read but did not post or just a made up lie?
That has been the main concern for the delay in a stimulus package. Nan wanting big money to bail out the states.
It's been the sticking point and if you can't see it, then you're just lying to yourself. But.....all it needs is congressional approval and not just pork in a barrel.
It's not that difficult to connect dots if you have common sense. Do some critical thinking outside your political tent.

From your source, look carefully.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is expected to move $455 billion in unspent coronavirus stimulus money into a fund that the incoming Biden administration cannot deploy without congressional approval, Bloomberg reported.

It's not that they can't get to it. sheesh

The only thing that is going to shore up the economy under Bidumb is going to be the sale of guns by Constitutional Conservatives and maybe pussy hats, rainblow flags and gender reassignments by leftardz like you.

Hun, dollar is falling in value because of all the spending that congress is doing and all the printing. Closing the economy for the covid scam to justify sending cuomo and other billions/trillions is going to be the death of us.

He already everything anyone could do for you idiots, and you turned your backs on him.

Why should he do anything else to help you ungrateful bunch of miserable fucks?

And what crack you been smoking.shut the fuck up idiot and get off that deserted island you been on for decades,thanks to both corrupt parties,the dollar each year has lost its value moron.
Ur very much worse than uninformed and pathetic.

lol people snivel when it goes up, then others come along and snivel when it goes down ....

It's like nobody has ever heard of hedges.

lol people snivel when it goes up, then others come along and snivel when it goes down ....

It's like nobody has ever heard of hedges.
Diversify. Hedge. Dont bet the farm. The dxy is still going down today as well. Has been now for a while Just wondering what happens when no one around the world wants u s govt bonds anymore because there is so much already printed in trillions of dollars and they dont pay any real interest and other diverse hedge bets. Like the markets and pm's dont increase wealth either. What happens with stagnation. Vast printed paper iou's. And a slowing economy where the dollar is going worthless and people lose faith in it.
I really dont think btc has a long term solution to the problem.
Not looking good. At this point where we sit all it takes is a spark.

Last edited:
The dollar is not crashing, but as I earlier said, and forex traders and leading economists have been predicting, it is declining and will likely continue to slowly decline over the next year or so. Why is this bad? Declining against what? A lot of panicky and self-contradictory arguments here.

The Chinese are now willing to let the RMB rise even more, as their economy is more balanced and more dependent on domestic Chinese growth than before. The decoupling threats of the Trump administration have made them much more determined to lesson dependence on the dollar and the American market, and U.S investment is no longer important to them. A higher value of the RMB and other currencies to the dollar is not terrible — it is probably the only realistic way to make American labor and commodities more competitive in the medium to long term. It is also necessary for long-term world financial stability.

Last edited:
The dollar is not crashing, but as I earlier said, and forex traders and leading economists have been predicting, it is declining and will likely continue to slowly decline over the next year or so. Why is this bad? Declining against what? A lot of panicky and self-contradictory arguments here.

The Chinese are now willing to let the RMB rise even more, as their economy is more balanced and more dependent on domestic Chinese growth than before. The decoupling threats of the Trump administration have made them much more determined to lesson dependence on the dollar and the American market and foreign investment is no longer that important to them. A higher value of the RMB and other currencies to the dollar is not terrible — it is probably the only realistic way to make American labor and commodities more competitive in the medium to long term. It is also necessary for long-term world financial stability.
It's still scary for China the government though... If they actually get a formed middle class that is actually worth calling a middle class... Problems they resolved in the past with prisons/detentions/straight out threats won't be as effective. Giving more people freedom, any kind including excess economic freedom from poverty, will change some things.

The Chinese are now willing to let the RMB rise even more, as their economy is more balanced and more dependent on domestic Chinese growth than before. The decoupling threats of the Trump administration have made them much more determined to lesson dependence on the dollar and the American market, and U.S investment is no longer important to them. A higher value of the RMB and other currencies to the dollar is not terrible — it is probably the only realistic way to make American labor and commodities more competitive in the medium to long term. It is also necessary for long-term world financial stability.
Yes the falling dollar is not the worst thing in a healthy economic market system. . . yet.
Personally outside the current dxy issue. I am more concerned about how the US debt is becoming more worthless paper iuo's in a slow stagnating economy
I quit buying into Treasury bonds six months ago. I would not buy the debt iou's today unless it pays over 3 percent at 10 years. Otherwise why bother when I see graphs that have diverted insanely and all I hear from the countries economic and market data over the past two years is "never seen before" and old lawswritten wto keep things in check are being erased by desperation and greed. (Banks required zero reserves , fed buying stocks) etc.
This is not a predictable market and the dxy does not mean what it used to.
I would rather see the dxy hold stable but right now what ever is going on it seems to be the most rapid changing factor.
Easy debt as we have seen can not continue forever and I would say now not for long.
As we learned in 2008 I now think we are reaching a point where trying to create growth with easy debt is reacing its end. It been exausted as far as the ability to pay it back. Only this time its not homeowner debt but buisness debt (clo's) and how long can that debt be refimanced with lower rates before you run out of borrowers who either want it or can afford it. The so called pandemic helped even more creation of easy bad debt by small businesses to help them make it over the hill but like the unemployed whom are running out of benefits and therefore spending money. That bill for others will soon be coming due.
I refuse to blame this on any president or tje virus. Its been building up in continuation for far to long. Since 2010 at least. But rather for a future direction reference. I look at zero bank reserves. Easing restrictions meant to keep things in check like those on the fed. And the falling dxy as symptoms of the things to come.
Right now the dxy is telling us something else is going to change. I would have a better feeling about it. But with the economy in this state. Debt being at near maxed out without the economy to support it. And the relalease of laws that were written to stop problems. I think its coming amd the dxy is trying to tell us something else is right around the corner. I also think that US debt being not wanted may be coming soon. We may not be soon able to find legitimate buyers of US debt in which case no stimulus and no bailouts. The fed may not be able to raise i terest rates at all without collapsing the system. And we may be faced with falling or stagmant asset prices. It may soumd doom and gloom and feel free to call it that. But one cant dismiss the never seen before policies. The erasing of market restrictions which had purposes. And how many times people have said "the market does not make sense" and "this data and chart have never before in history have looked like this"
What the dxy used to mean can not be trusted at this moment. I think its not telling us we will be more productive at exports. And it is diving. I think its telling us something else is just aroumd the corner

Last edited:

The Chinese are now willing to let the RMB rise even more, as their economy is more balanced and more dependent on domestic Chinese growth than before. The decoupling threats of the Trump administration have made them much more determined to lesson dependence on the dollar and the American market and foreign investment is no longer that important to them. A higher value of the RMB and other currencies to the dollar is not terrible — it is probably the only realistic way to make American labor and commodities more competitive in the medium to long term. It is also necessary for long-term world financial stability.
It's still scary for China the government though... If they actually get a formed middle class that is actually worth calling a middle class... Problems they resolved in the past with prisons/detentions/straight out threats won't be as effective. Giving more people freedom, any kind including excess economic freedom from poverty, will change some things.
Shelzin. . I dont think that China is worried at all. Thats why they are becoming more bolden and agressive.

A higher $ valued RMB hurts Chinese exporters to the U.S. but not China as a whole. China’s crucial $-priced oil imports will be cheaper for one thing. China’s markets outside of the U.S. are now much more important too. The new measures that may force some U.S.-listed Chinese companies out of the stock market, if continued under Biden, are also not a threat to China. They would just re-register in Hong Kong or Shanghai, and the power of Wall Street would decline that much faster.

I think you are wrong about Chinese labor and the middle class too. They already have a great deal of (capitalist) “economic freedom.” The Chinese prison population is smaller than in the U.S. and “prison-like” factory labor is and has been insignificant for decades. Bad conditions, low pay, no independent unions, these were and still are the norm. But pay is increasing and labor mobility in China is already a fact.

The Chinese “Middle Class” is HUGE. Skilled and educated managers, professionals, workers and hard studying students are abundant. The biggest problems are, IMO, immense corruption and lack of political freedom.

I do absolutely agree with you when you say “Giving more people freedom ... including ... economic freedom from poverty, will change some things.” That economic freedom from poverty is still what almost all people in China, and most leading government officials, are focused on.

Last edited:
Shelzin. . I dont think that China is worried at all. Thats why they are becoming more bolden and agressive.
Then I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. Let me try something more direct with it. China is afraid of it's own middle class problems it's coming into.

I do absolutely agree with you when you say “Giving more people freedom ... including ... economic freedom from poverty, will change some things.” That economic freedom from poverty is still what almost all people in China, and most leading government officials, are focused on.
This is the only point my post was addressed to. I agree.

Then I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. Let me try something more direct with it. China is afraid of it's own middle class problems it's coming into.

Yes. I see what you are saying now. And I think you are most likely correct if i read it correctly what you are saying about china.
I also think that this problem not only applies to China but the globalization bound Nations as a whole as well are now becoming somewhat threatened by a large amd growing population that has the power to change course of things to come. Especially with the advent of the internet in todays world Such as those within the World Ecenomic Forum. IMF, various Country leaders, Etc
These who have been discussing the future direction of the global economy have spent many manhours plotting the worlds economic future and at the same time they have to now control the direction of the populous thought so nothing gets derailed. Amd the world is growing and communication is getting vast. As with China and its growing middle class proble. I think the globalization community is feeling the pressure now as well. I think our new normal is creating a lot of paranoia and pressure on world leaders everywhere to clamp down and institute authoritarian controls which may or may not be contrary to freedom.

Yes the falling dollar is not the worst thing in a healthy economic market system. . . yet.
Personally outside the current dxy issue. I am more concerned about how the US debt is becoming more worthless paper iuo's in a slow stagnating economy
I quit buying into Treasury bonds six months ago. I would not buy the debt iou's today unless it pays over 3 percent at 10 years. Otherwise why bother when I see graphs that have diverted insanely and all I hear from the countries economic and market data over the past two years is "never seen before" and old lawswritten wto keep things in check are being erased by desperation and greed. (Banks required zero reserves , fed buying stocks) etc.
This is not a predictable market and the dxy does not mean what it used to.
I would rather see the dxy hold stable but right now what ever is going on it seems to be the most rapid changing factor.
Easy debt as we have seen can not continue forever and I would say now not for long.
As we learned in 2008 I now think we are reaching a point where trying to create growth with easy debt is reacing its end. It been exausted as far as the ability to pay it back. Only this time its not homeowner debt but buisness debt (clo's) and how long can that debt be refimanced with lower rates before you run out of borrowers who either want it or can afford it. The so called pandemic helped even more creation of easy bad debt by small businesses to help them make it over the hill but like the unemployed whom are running out of benefits and therefore spending money. That bill for others will soon be coming due.
I refuse to blame this on any president or tje virus. Its been building up in continuation for far to long. Since 2010 at least. But rather for a future direction reference. I look at zero bank reserves. Easing restrictions meant to keep things in check like those on the fed. And the falling dxy as symptoms of the things to come.
Right now the dxy is telling us something else is going to change. I would have a better feeling about it. But with the economy in this state. Debt being at near maxed out without the economy to support it. And the relalease of laws that were written to stop problems. I think its coming amd the dxy is trying to tell us something else is right around the corner. I also think that US debt being not wanted may be coming soon. We may not be soon able to find legitimate buyers of US debt in which case no stimulus and no bailouts. The fed may not be able to raise i terest rates at all without collapsing the system. And we may be faced with falling or stagmant asset prices. It may soumd doom and gloom and feel free to call it that. But one cant dismiss the never seen before policies. The erasing of market restrictions which had purposes. And how many times people have said "the market does not make sense" and "this data and chart have never before in history have looked like this"
What the dxy used to mean can not be trusted at this moment. I think its not telling us we will be more productive at exports. And it is diving. I think its telling us something else is just aroumd the corner
Thoughtful comments. I mostly agree. I used to agree completely with the “gloom & doom” financial collapse perspective — and I still agree anything can happen. As you said, “the market does not make sense" and "this data and chart ... never before in history have looked like this."

But lately I’ve been watching how, amazingly, the Federal Reserve and central banks worldwide and the IMF have all abandoned long-term monetary shibboleths and — rather successfully for the system itself — managed to struggle through, though of course at the expense of increasing crony capitalism and shafting the working class. They have most recently universally moved toward encouraging fiscal spending, government debt be damned.

I believe “the powers that be” are moving slowly toward new Modern Monetary Theory views. I think those views are more appropriate to the dilemma of the U.S. today. Not issuing government debt, not raising taxes, our Federal Government (which issues its own legal tender) can still spend freely — so long as there is substantial unemployment. Of course there is still the question of what money is spent on, and other possible consequences, but there is theoretically no crash that cannot be worked through, no federal government bankruptcy possible, at least not one not caused by political factors.

I’m wondering if you have given any thought to this perspective, not as a “final solution to economic problems,” but as a next phase we are likely to pass through.

Last edited:
He just doesn't give a shit. 10 year Treasury yields have crashed 60% since he took office and started his hyper-Keynesian madness.

So he just points at the low unemployment rate (ignoring its obvious vector down when he took office, of course) and avoids all of this.

And yes, once we're more stabilized and this buffoon has vacated the premises and they have been fumigated, hopefully the dollar and yields will recover.

Here's the "funny" part: Top aide Larry Kudlow coined the term "King Dollar" in the years before he took his job with Trump, always pontificating that the key to a TRULY strong economy is a strong dollar. Gee, I guess he must forgotten that rule since he became a Trumpster, huh? :113:

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Mac1958, I fear we can always rely on you (and apparently Johnlaw and many others) to reduce every question of economics to “Donald Trump did this, Donald Trump did that”!

This is absurd partisanship and completely wrong. The lowering of Treasury Yields, like the Federal Reserve & Treasury expanding unlimited funds to steady the financial system, like the bailing out of corporations and businesses devastated by the pandemic, like extending funds to the unemployed and even the givIng of $$$ directly to all Americans — these unprecedented actions were all made by non-party partisan capitalist institutions and endorsed by both parties.

There are plenty of reasons to disapprove of Trump. But these basic measures mentioned would surely also have been taken (and others perhaps as well) by any imaginable economic team Hillary Clinton might have put together had she won.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back