Dogs Are Not People

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Hello!? They aren't! If I hear a prayer request for another dog at church I will lose it!

Why?

Mumbo Jumbo prayers for dogs don't mean anything more (or less) than prayers for people.

If it bothers you that much, stay home. Church is a silly waste of time and money anyway. You could spend your time much better by volunteering at the local dog/cat shelter.

Hello!? They aren't! If I hear a prayer request for another dog at church I will lose it!

Methinks you may have lost "it" already. Most dog owners believe the family dog is a member of the family and in fact it is. Why do you care what makes someone feel better? Are you a callous conservative?

It bothers me because people are losing their minds spending $ on dogs when it could be helping people and the world....

I'm not saying they don't have a RIGHT to do it, it's just DUMB!

Methinks you may have lost "it" already. Most dog owners believe the family dog is a member of the family and in fact it is. Why do you care what makes someone feel better? Are you a callous conservative?

Because, as someone said, they are "easier" to love. It's a DOG! An animal, and it will be just as happy with dry dog food and an occasional "bath" as with expensive grooming, people food etc. People just have too much money on their hands - and throw it away...

Are numerous commandments to take care of animals. So a prayer on behalf of one doesn't seem at odds with anything.

"Judaism places great stress on proper treatment of animals. Unnecessary cruelty to animals is strictly forbidden, and in many cases, animals are accorded the same sensitivity as human beings. This concern for the welfare of animals is unusual in Western civilization. Most civilized nations did not accept this principle until quite recently; cruelty to animals was not outlawed until the 1800s, and even now it is not taken very seriously.

In the Bible, those who care for animals are heroes, while those who hunt animals are villains. Jacob, Moses and King David were all shepherds, people who cared for animals (Gen. 30, Ex. 31, I Sam. 17). A traditional story tells that Moses was chosen for his mission because of his skill in caring for animals. "The Holy One, Blessed Be He, said 'Since you are merciful to the flock of a human being, you shall be the shepherd of My flock, Israel.'" Likewise Rebecca was chosen as a wife for Isaac because of her kindness to animals. When Abraham's servant asked for water for himself, she volunteered to water his camels as well, and thereby proved herself a worthy wife (Gen. 24)."
Judaism 101 Treatment of Animals

Because, as someone said, they are "easier" to love. It's a DOG! An animal, and it will be just as happy with dry dog food and an occasional "bath" as with expensive grooming, people food etc. People just have too much money on their hands - and throw it away...

Am I wrong to infer from this ^^^ post that your church requires payment for prayer requests?

Am I wrong to infer from this ^^^ post that your church requires payment for prayer requests?

No I just went off on a tangent (referring to dog hotels etc.) the praying for pets is just stupid. pets don't have souls.

oh, and this woman was all upset because her pet wasn't going to be in heaven when she died. BOO HOO!

No I just went off on a tangent (referring to dog hotels etc.) the praying for pets is just stupid. pets don't have souls.

How does one know people have soles? Do all people have soles, even mass murderers? In fact dogs have empathy and some people do not.

How does one know people have soles? Do all people have soles, even mass murderers? In fact dogs have empathy and some people do not.

God created humans for His companionship, and, as such, we have souls as created by God. That's my belief, anyway...

Dogs may not be people but there are definitely some people who are dogs........

Which is which?

user756_1161918650.jpg

20121119-222707.jpg

dow-and-the-owner_6-jpg.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

It bothers me because people are losing their minds spending $ on dogs when it could be helping people and the world....

agreed Bonzi , people can spend their money as they like , none of my business but I do agree with your thinking on animals and their OWNERS !!

People DO spend money on people.

Why shouldn't they be able to spend their own money on their pets?

There's no such thing as a "soul" or heaven but if there was, I don't want to be there with shallow, uncaring human beings who would leave their animals behind.

People DO spend money on people.

Why shouldn't they be able to spend their own money on their pets?

There's no such thing as a "soul" or heaven but if there was, I don't want to be there with shallow, uncaring human beings who would leave their animals behind.

I don't argue their right to do so. But I do question their priorities. Like I said, a dog can be loved without all this nonsense society is offering them. And guess what? People have pet allergies (not just allergies to cigarette smoke) - and yes, allergies can kill you.

God created humans for His companionship, and, as such, we have souls as created by God. That's my belief, anyway...

You preach a lot about god and you say you believe that gods DO exist and that our earth was created by a god - right?

If so, your god also created dogs and all other life on the planet.

Why do you choose to love some of your god's creations but say you don't care about others?

How do you think your god feels about your dislike of his creations?

You preach a lot about god and you say you believe that gods DO exist and that our earth was created by a god - right?

If so, your god also created dogs and all other life on the planet.

Why do you choose to love some of your god's creations but say you don't care about others?

How do you think your god feels about your dislike of his creations?

I love dogs! I grew up with 3 in the house and 1 cat.

We just don't need to be with the 24/7 and have things like "Dogs In the Park" at ball games or doggie biscuits at Bank Teller windows --- again, misplaced priorities!

Dear Bonzi
I agree that prayers for dogs are DIFFERENT from prayers for people.

But we can pray for the wildlife in forests, or the delicate ocean ecosystems,
and lots of other living, interconnected creatures and plants, as part of Nature and Life on the Planet, and it is still a good thing to be Mindful and include all living things, all God's creation in our Prayers.

God or Nature's life energy touches all things in creation,
so these are all connected with the same energy that prayers can operate through and influence.

There is nothing wrong with including and uplifiting our thoughts and energy,
our perceptions and relations with all things around us that are part of life and God's creation.

Forum List

Back