Does welfare make people lazy?

Trying to communicate with ClosedCaptioned....

headbanging.jpg

So if giving handouts are an incentive not to produce, does that mean conservatives are in favor of cutting all corporate tax breaks and subsidies?

when individuals on welfare start creating jobs, providing benefits, making product, increasing the GDP, doing research and development come talk to us. untol then, shevle your old, worn out, tired argument that has no bearing or similarity to this diccussion.

LOL, you really think corporations create jobs? Hahaha.

So you're ok with handouts, just not to people who need it. Got it.

No they are just big empty buildings who make things magically. they don't have any employees.

when individuals on welfare start creating jobs, providing benefits, making product, increasing the GDP, doing research and development come talk to us. untol then, shevle your old, worn out, tired argument that has no bearing or similarity to this diccussion.

No they are just big empty buildings who make things magically. they don't have any employees.

it's the unicorns

So this is the pattern Iamwhatiseem and Spiderman says some shit. I ask them to prove it. They either insult and/or refuse to prove it.

Calls everyone stupid for not believing them

I'm not calling you stupid. I'm calling you lazy because no one who works considers filling out a form worth getting paid for.

One form? Lying again...quickly too

Does welfare make people lazy? - The Week

The best way to measure whether the unemployed are behaving lazily is by examining the ratio of job seekers to job openings. If the problem is that unemployed people are slacking off work to enjoy the fruits of government welfare, we would expect to see a shortage of labor in the economy. Employers trying to recruit workers to expand their businesses would come up against the fact that job seekers are in short supply. Job vacancies would go unfilled and wages would be bid upward as businesses fight to recruit scarce labor away from the easy option of free welfare money. In such a scenario, cutting welfare would incentivize work, and help businesses fill vacancies.

And here is where the evidence undercuts conservative attacks on welfare. The data shows decisively that the problem is not laziness at all, but a lack of job openings. There are still three jobseekers for every job opening. In the dark days following the 2008 recession, that ratio was as high as seven people for every job opening. Wage growth remains weak. Surely there are still people who would rather claim welfare than try to work, but with so few jobs available, these people don't make a real difference. Trying to nudge them off welfare won't expand the supply of jobs. It would increase the number of people looking for a job — and remember, there are already not enough jobs for those seeking employment

10001482_10152064200798717_2069089960_n.jpg

You should really stay far away from this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

WHY AE LIBS SUCH IDIOTS?

it does not boil down to a lack of job openings OR people being lazy.

it is both

obama is failing on the economic front; companies are afraid to hire while he's in office

so there is a need for welfare

and obama has relaxed the rules for getting welfare; that has attracted more cheats and leeches

idiots and hypocrites

It's funny to see a thread full of people convinced that welfare makes people lazy when they themselves have never been on welfare and have no actual first hand experience.

Experts! Every last one of them.

you have no idea who here has been on what; you're simply making a fool of yourself.

oh and next time you're defending obama remember you have never been president.

So you've been on welfare?

It's funny to see a thread full of people convinced that welfare makes people lazy when they themselves have never been on welfare and have no actual first hand experience.

And here you have it folks (again)
See how he/she blocks out all of the info/examples that are in this thread?
Just dismisses all of it.

Mark it down, RDD_1210 is another Truthmatters

Have you been on welfare?

you have no idea who here has been on what; you're simply making a fool of yourself.

people very close to me have; people close to me are on welfare. there goes your theory dimwit

people i know are

people i see every day are

idiots and hypocrites

So you lied about it why?

I do not consider applying for a job as doing something no one does except you of course.

It doesnt matter what you consider it, you knew about it and lied about it to create a narrative

I have found no requirement for welfare recipients to apply for jobs in order to receive benefits.

Please post it for me if you can find it.

If you can't I suppose you'd be the liar.

Last edited:
So this is the pattern Iamwhatiseem and Spiderman says some shit. I ask them to prove it. They either insult and/or refuse to prove it.

Is that any different than 95% of the "true conservatives" on this site?

They have employees. That doesn't mean they create the jobs.

But you're a simpleton, so maybe you need a picture drawn for you?

Is that any different than 95% of the "true conservatives" on this site?

I repeat I have looked and can find no requirement that welfare recipients apply for jobs in exchange for benefits please post a link to the regulation stating so if you can find it.

people very close to me have; people close to me are on welfare. there goes your theory dimwit

people i know are

people i see every day are

idiots and hypocrites

So that's a no, you haven't been on welfare.

It's silly to think that paying people to do nothing will make them lazy.

Would you say that paying people ANY amount of money will cause them to become lazy and stop looking to better themselves?

What if they were only being paid $10 month? Would $10/month be enough to cause someone to stop working and stop trying to improve their situation?

I do not consider applying for a job as doing something no one does except you of course.

It doesnt matter what you consider it, you knew about it and lied about it to create a narrative

I have found no requirement for welfare recipients to apply for jobs in order to receive benefits.

Please post it for me if you can find it.

If you can't I suppose you'd be the liar.

Why you're the one who acknowledged there was that requirement. Why did you agree with it if its not true? Do you disagree with your past self?

It's silly to think that paying people to do nothing will make them lazy.

Would you say that paying people ANY amount of money will cause them to become lazy and stop looking to better themselves?

What if they were only being paid $10 month? Would $10/month be enough to cause someone to stop working and stop trying to improve their situation?

what if you were an idiot who uses straw man arguements because you are on the wrong side of the issue?

should people take you seriously?

obama loosened welfare eligibility restricitions; it had the effect of gutting the work requirement that CLINTON signed into law under the welfare reform bill. when obama did that states had no choice but to ask the whole work requirement be waived; because obama made it moot

libs are losers who lie to themselves

obama loosened welfare eligibility restricitions; it had the effect of gutting the work requirement that CLINTON signed into law under the welfare reform bill. when obama did that states had no choice but to ask the whole work requirement be waived; because obama made it moot

The 1996 welfare reform introduced work requirements into the largest federal cash assistance welfare program, replacing the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). The reform required able-bodied adults to work, prepare for work, or look for work in order to receive benefits. Though the law received much criticism from the left, it worked: Stagnant welfare rolls decreased by half within five years of the law’s implementation, employment among low-income Americans soared, and child poverty rates plummeted.

From Heritage Foundation

The 1996 welfare reform introduced work requirements into the largest federal cash assistance welfare program, replacing the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). The reform required able-bodied adults to work, prepare for work, or look for work in order to receive benefits. Though the law received much criticism from the left, it worked: Stagnant welfare rolls decreased by half within five years of the law’s implementation, employment among low-income Americans soared, and child poverty rates plummeted.

From Heritage Foundation

what in your reply disproves my point genius?

Forum List

Back