Does the USA need NATO?

I. And always good to know the hate of US-Americans because Germany not only never had done something bad to the USA in history. Btw: A big part of the good image of the USA is "made in Germany".
I think that the offensive word "Yankee" comes from the Prussian Junkers. This word was actually used by the Americans themselves, in the old American films about the Civil War, the Americans themselves called their enemies that. I don't remember exactly who.
In short, there were German colonists in the US and they had a bad reputation.

On the maps of the 18th century, I do not see any "Germany". There is Saxony, Thuringia, Bavaria and so on. "Germany" is not

The name of Germany had been "Holy Empire" in the 18th century. The holy empire existed from 800 AD - 1806 AD.

I think that the offensive word "Yankee" comes from the Prussian Junkers.

And "moon" comes from "spectacles" because there is not any common letter between both words .

This word was actually used by the Americans themselves, in the old American films about the Civil War, the Americans themselves called their enemies that. I don't remember exactly who.
In short, there were German colonists in the US and they had a bad reputation.

The holy empire existed from 800 AD - 1806 AD.
We have already discussed this. It was created by the Romans, the Germans seized power there only from the 12th century, and this corresponds to the Gothic period. The power of the Goths not means that they were exclusively Goths. And after the collapse, the peoples freed themselves, and before the Prussian invasion they were independent, or were under the protectorate of free Austria-Hungary.

zaangalewa
In simple terms: the period of romanticism in Europe is the liberation of Europe from German oppression. Romanticism is essentially the exact opposite of Gothic and Classicism.

Gothic and classicism is a reflection of German punctuality and the mentality of submission, in fact, leftism in its purest form.

I don't believe Britons are Celts.

And what do you believe about Helvetia? ... no - no - no, no, no - please don't give me this answer.

The Angles and Saxons were probably Celts.

No. They are Germanics. In England Brits and in Germany Deutsche.

The Britons are etymologically the same as the Germans - "brothers". The Britons are probably the same as the Normans.

No. The Normans are Normans - ("Vikings" and/or also Germanics). They seddled in France to protect them from vikings.

They came to England after the Anglo-Saxons.

1066 the Normans - who had also been cultural Franks in the 300 years where they had lived in France - conquered England. About the same time a Turkish tribe - the Seljuks - conquered Jerusalem and Mekka - what leaded to problems and to the so called "Frankonian wars" some decades later - also known under the name "crusades".

That is why we say "British Empire" and not "Anglo-Saxon Empire".

What about English empire?

The mercantile spirit of the Germans is repeated in the politics of Britain.

A very complex and very interesting theme.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of Nietzsche, but we must give him his due: he very accurately described the German character.

No. They are Germanics
I see no reason to think so. Anglo-Saxon law is close to traditional law, and is more in line with the spirit of Austria-Hungary, besides, there were warlike knight-kings in England

We have already discussed this.

You don't discuss - you are a blind agitator.

It was created by the Romans,

The last time you said it had been created by the Romanians. What happened?

the Germans seized power there only from the 12th century, and this corresponds to the Gothic period.

u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e stupid what you say here.

The power of the Goths not means that they were exclusively Goths.

??? Martians?

And after the collapse, the peoples freed themselves, and before the Prussian invasion they were independent, or were under the protectorate of free Austria-Hungary.

And also this is totally stupid.

It was in the 12th century at the beginning of Gothic in England that Old English disappeared. All to one, millions of evidence of correctness of my cncept.

Old English was definitely not Germanic. There were cases and genders, so it was close to Slavic. Most likely it was a dialect of Slavic or Celtic Latin.

Forum List

Back