Does the Military Respect President Obama?

Does the Military Respect President Obama?

• Total voters
While I doubt they have much respect for Obama, I have to wonder if they would have had any more respect for Romney. While they may respect the office, I can see where it's easy to become disillusioned by the rich man behind a desk sending you to die.

Look at the military's support of Ron Paul. Funny that the guy who speaks out against needless wars garners so much military support.

Most active duty military men that I know will not speak against Obama because he is Commander in Chief. I would call that respect.

Whether they think he has a clue is a different poll altogether, and not one you will likely get any kind of honest answer on from an enlisted man.

It is not out of respect it is out of the fact that if they do they will be dishonorably discharges for speaking out again the messiah publically.

I have heard many in the military tear Obama to shreds.

Anyone who hangs around combat veterans can attest to your statement.

Remember when this Marine of 9 years was discharged for criticizing Obama? Marine sergeant discharged for criticizing Obama: Was that fair? - CSMonitor.com

This is what Obama thinks the military is for. Literally and figuratively.
2013-05-16T174837Z_161556648_TB3E95G1DGWEX_RTRMADP_3_USA-SYRIA-TURKEY.jpg

SMSPGPL4N47B86II-rszw514.jpg

While I doubt they have much respect for Obama, I have to wonder if they would have had any more respect for Romney. While they may respect the office, I can see where it's easy to become disillusioned by the rich man behind a desk sending you to die.

Look at the military's support of Ron Paul. Funny that the guy who speaks out against needless wars garners so much military support.

Look how obama throws a ball and that too fucking funny photo of him trying to shoot a shotgun :lol:. Most guys in the military a A types, they cant respect a total pussy for a CIC

They certainly voted for Romney over Obama as shown in the OP. They like the domestic policies of Ron Paul though. There is certainly a neoconservative/domestic libertarian bent in the military.

It is not out of respect it is out of the fact that if they do they will be dishonorably discharges for speaking out again the messiah publically.

I have heard many in the military tear Obama to shreds.

Remember when this Marine of 9 years was discharged for criticizing Obama? Marine sergeant discharged for criticizing Obama: Was that fair? - CSMonitor.com

Your post taught me one thing. Be direct when speaking to liberals. They aren't capable of interpreting figurative/metaphoric analysis.

I have not seen so much disrespect of the CIC since Carter was Pres.

The survey goes out to random military times readers to fill out in e-mail. I know because I was once surveyed by the military times.

I would say most enlisted are apolitical.

Having spent 12 (nearly 13) years in the military under both Bush/Obama before being medically discharged due to injuries sustained, I can tell you that your assessment is laughable. The enlisted military is by far the most political bunch I have ever been around.

My experience in the military was different. I don't recall a serious discussion about politics.

I would say most enlisted are apolitical.

Having spent 12 (nearly 13) years in the military under both Bush/Obama before being medically discharged due to injuries sustained, I can tell you that your assessment is laughable. The enlisted military is by far the most political bunch I have ever been around.

My experience in the military was different. I don't recall a serious discussion about politics.

Really? What job did you do in the military during what year?

Your post taught me one thing. Be direct when speaking to liberals. They aren't capable of interpreting figurative/metaphoric analysis.

It does not matter how you say it, or how you word it they twist it and try to change it by putting their words in your mouth.

It does not matter how you say it, or how you word it they twist it and try to change it by putting their words in your mouth.

Yes the post was criticizing Obamas understanding of the military. Not the umbrella itself.

Our military personnel are no different than other Americans when it comes to their knowledge and understanding of how our government and our economy work.

Certainly shows you who our warriors are: Conservatives.

What a bonehead comment.

Our warriors are men and women, heterosexual and homosexual, college educated and not, liberal and conservative and apolitical.

You need to learn to love America

What a bonehead comment.

Our warriors are men and women, heterosexual and homosexual, college educated and not, liberal and conservative and apolitical.

Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical. You think they are politically ignorant as opposed to the civilian population? You don't think they talk? You don't think they vote?

Last edited:

Corpsman

What a bonehead comment.

Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical.

Of course. Conservatives take to the military lifestyle more readily than liberals. That is obvious.

What a bonehead comment.

Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical.

Of course. Conservatives take to the military lifestyle more readily than liberals. That is obvious.

You just can't help yourself, can you, lonelaugher? :cuckoo:

Corpsman

Excellent!

Though Obama is certainly unaware of your profession. I only ask what job you did because if you served with combat units you would understand that they are the most politically conservative bunch on the earth. You can certainly tell someone's politics in the military via whether the job they choose. Corpsman are hard to judge. they serve both the Navy and Marines. Those assigned to Marine infantry units share the conservative bent over those who enjoy the comfort of the clinic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKIfzoC8D0]Dangers of TOTUS: Obama Reads Word "Corpsman" as "Corpse Man" Twice - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
What a bonehead comment.

No, we're just ready to actually put ourselves in harms way for what we believe and love.

People like you just talk/type.

It is just that simple.

Forum List

Back