Does the Military Respect President Obama?

Does the Military Respect President Obama?

• Total voters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2fSIubA2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9SgHo-He0

These are REAL soldiers. Look at them. Not old white guys. Like the Republican Party. But salt and pepper like the United States. Diversity. Everywhere except the Republican Party. These guys represent the US and the GOP simply can't stand that fact.

There is a significant percentage of the military that is basically southern redneck conservative. They hate any Democrat that is President. Carter, Clinton, Obama

Certainly shows you who our warriors are: Conservatives.

Most active duty military men that I know will not speak against Obama because he is Commander in Chief. I would call that respect.

Whether they think he has a clue is a different poll altogether, and not one you will likely get any kind of honest answer on from an enlisted man.

It is not out of respect it is out of the fact that if they do they will be dishonorably discharges for speaking out again the messiah publically.

I have heard many in the military tear Obama to shreds.

This.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

The reason that you probably have a different experience is because they know you're a mealy mouth libbie who would rat them out if they said otherwise.

Btw, how many generals fired under Obama?

Actually, that's not it at all. Having worked at the VA,I know many veterans and soldiers.
They respect authority and chain of command, which is why the do not talk about him. But when they get out of the service, they damn him to hell.

Who the fuck cares?

We are a nation run by civilians.

Not the military.

I'll take that as a solid "No".

I'll take that as you believe in Military Dictatorship and not in the US Constitution.

I disapprove of Caesar (general, welfare king, and all) just as much as the founders did. Opps, bringing classical reference to a liberal such as yourself will no doubt be lost in translation. I will answer you with a simple "That is incorrect."

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2fSIubA2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9SgHo-He0

These are REAL soldiers. Look at them. Not old white guys. Like the Republican Party. But salt and pepper like the United States. Diversity. Everywhere except the Republican Party. These guys represent the US and the GOP simply can't stand that fact.

There is a significant percentage of the military that is basically southern redneck conservative. They hate any Democrat that is President. Carter, Clinton, Obama

Not so true

There is at least 50% of the Military who is black, Hispanic or Female and I don't think most of them trend conservative

I responded, "Mostly."

When I was an Army Spec 4 I was loyal to the President.

Didn't matter who.

That was the oath.

It would take a whole hell of a lot to budge me from feeling/believing that way.

But SHOULD they respect what he has done to our country and to them?

No.

But without unquestioned obedience you have chaos, mutiny.

I took this oath seriously:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

But at that point in my life I was enjoying 'sewing my wild oats.' Not studying politics and government.

My job was to obey and be the best soldier I could be.

Today, there aren't that many young soldiers (who outnumber better educated and older Officers) who read and listen and stay informed about government.

So, they probably respect him because they know no reason not to.

Not so true

There is at least 50% of the Military who is black, Hispanic or Female and I don't think most of them trend conservative

Why do you make such claims that are easy to debunk? In any case, the administrative/support offices are filled with blacks and Hispanics. The combat Arms and special forces arena have very few minorities. This is because some people see the military as a way to get benefits rather to serve.

How often do you see minorities in US Special forces? - Yahoo Answers

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...loGwDQ&usg=AFQjCNGYFZmasuD4_zuTvtPUAT46XZN6fA
DOD: Minorities underrepresented in combat - UPI.com

This is an infantry company. Find the minorities. http://1-22infantry.org/pics6/acoc2011.htm In my infantry company of 130 marines we only had 4 blacks and 14 Hispanics. (I just pulled my unit photo).
Administrative offices are nearly all minorities.

Demographics of Active Duty U.S. Military | Statistic Brain
Service ..... White ...... Minorities ...... Black .... Other
Army ...........73.9 % .......26.1 % ........21.5 % ..4.6 %
Navy ...........66.2 % .......33.8 % ........19.3 % ..14.4 %
Marine Corps 83.7 % ......16.3 % .........11.1 % ..5.2 %
Air Force ......78.1 % ......21.9 % .........15.6 % ...6.3 %
Coast Guard ..82 % ........18 % ............6.1 % ...11.9 %
Total ............74.6 % ......25.4 % ........17.8 % ...7.6 %

Last edited:
It is not out of respect it is out of the fact that if they do they will be dishonorably discharges for speaking out again the messiah publically.

I have heard many in the military tear Obama to shreds.

This.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

The reason that you probably have a different experience is because they know you're a mealy mouth libbie who would rat them out if they said otherwise.

Btw, how many generals fired under Obama?

Actually, that's not it at all. Having worked at the VA,I know many veterans and soldiers.
They respect authority and chain of command, which is why the do not talk about him. But when they get out of the service, they damn him to hell.

Or when they talk amongst themselves. Especially those in combat arms. The closer they are to the fight the more likely they are to criticize.

My son is active military right now and he says the only ones that like obama are gay, or black

I'm sure the conservatives from warmonger times want you to believe that. I would love to see who the survey went to, the military leaders making millions off of war or the foot soldiers sacrificing their freedom,families and their lives?

The survey goes out to random military times readers to fill out in e-mail. I know because I was once surveyed by the military times.

Most active duty military men that I know will not speak against Obama because he is Commander in Chief. I would call that respect.

Whether they think he has a clue is a different poll altogether, and not one you will likely get any kind of honest answer on from an enlisted man.

The respect is not for the man, it is for the office.
It is NOT the same thing.

I'm sure the conservatives from warmonger times want you to believe that. I would love to see who the survey went to, the military leaders making millions off of war or the foot soldiers sacrificing their freedom,families and their lives?

The survey goes out to random military times readers to fill out in e-mail. I know because I was once surveyed by the military times.

I would say most enlisted are apolitical.

I think they respect the office, but not the person in the office.

Having spent 12 (nearly 13) years in the military under both Bush/Obama before being medically discharged due to injuries sustained, I can tell you that your assessment is laughable. The enlisted military is by far the most political bunch I have ever been around.

And you would be wrong, most enlisted and officer are conservative, if you are a liberal you go into the Air force....lol j/king

The only ones that really like obama are the ones that profit from his policies, mostly gays.

Forum List

Back