Does Ted Cruz Have A Memory Problem?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Even the senile Bob Schieffer got it. Yesterday on CBS:

“Throughout the government shutdown I opposed a government shutdown. I said we shouldn’t shut the government down, I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall...

BOB SCHIEFFER: --if you didn't threaten to shut down the government, who was it that did? I mean, but we'll go on--

SEN. TED CRUZ: It was Harry Reid and President Obama.

Dude...the whole world knows you did it! I'll bet even your mother blames you!

Last edited:
Hell, the government shuts down for at least two days every week, who the hell cares, except liberals that need their hands held so they don't get scared.

The reason they did so is that President Obama dug in and said he wouldn't compromise and he wouldn't negotiate. In fact, I went to one of the most surreal meetings I've ever been at, where President Obama invited all the senate Republicans to go up to the White House. He sat us in a room. This is in the middle of the shutdown.

And he said, "I invited you here to tell you I will not negotiate. I will not compromise on anything." That's why we had a shutdown.

If Obabble had compromised no shutdown would have happened...

*sigh* He did compromise.

He just didn't agree to gut Obamacare.

Let's see: he agreed to extend the mandate on Obamacare, to extend the mandate on businesses, and to allow more waivers, right?
No, he declared anyone who wanted to do that was unpatriotic and he would absolutely refuse. And then 3 weeks later he did exactly that by executive order.

Cruz's memory is fine. Yours needs to be checked out by a doctor.

“Throughout the government shutdown I opposed a government shutdown. I said we shouldn’t shut the government down, I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall...

BOB SCHIEFFER: --if you didn't threaten to shut down the government, who was it that did? I mean, but we'll go on--

‘Face the Nation’ Edits Out Senator Cruz Condemning Obama’s ‘Abuse of Power'

In the video that aired on CBS, the interview between Schieffer and Cruz ended with the following back and forth:

BOB SCHIEFFER: Will you run for president?

SEN. TED CRUZ: Well, look, my focus is on the challenges facing this country right now (UNINTEL) senate. My focus, for example, is on the abuse of power from the president. Let's take something like the IRS scandal--

BOB SCHIEFFER: So, I'll take that as a yes or a no.

SEN. TED CRUZ: Eight months ago--

BOB SCHIEFFER: Or still thinking about it.

SEN. TED CRUZ: Well, what you can take that as, is that my focus is standing and fighting right now in the senate to bring back jobs and economic growth. Economic growth is my number one priority…

BOB SCHIEFFER: Thank you, so much, for joining us and we'll talk to you again.

However, as Senator Cruz’s YouTube channel showed, the Texas senator had extensive commentary on President Obama that mysteriously did not make it to air, just two days before the president’s State of the Union address:

SCHIEFFER: “Will you run for President?”

CRUZ: “My focus is on the abuse of power of this President. Let’s take something like the IRS scandal-
“

SCHIEFFER: “Do I take that as a yes or a no?”

CRUZ: “What you can take is that my focus is standing and fighting right now in the Senate to bring back jobs and economic growth. Let me tell you something that is deeply concerning—the abuse of power from this Administration. We’ve seen multiple filmmakers prosecuted and the government’s gone after them. Whether it’s the poor fellow that did the film that the President blamed Benghazi and the terrorist attacks on, turns out that wasn’t the reason for the attack but the Administration went and put that poor fellow in jail on unrelated charges. Just this week it was broken that Dinesh D’Souza, who did a very big movie criticizing the president, is now being prosecuted by this Administration.”

SCHIEFFER: “Senator-“

CRUZ: “Can you image the reaction if the Bush Administration had went, gone and prosecuted Michael Moore and Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn?”

SCHIEFFER: Senator--

CRUZ: It should trouble everyone the government uses government power and the IRS in particular to target their enemies and you are talking a new minutes to Chuck Schumer—“

SCHIEFFER: “We are going to leave this for another day, senator. Thank you for joining us and we’ll talk to you again.”

Now it is certainly plausible that CBS edited out the ending of the Cruz interview for time, however given that Cruz’s comments were extremely critical of the president and came just two days before an embattled President Obama gives his State of the Union speech, the timing of such editing is highly inappropriate and unusual.

CBS should explain why it felt it appropriate to edit out a high profile senator accusing the President of the United States of targeting his politcal enemies. These are strong accusations leveled at the president, and CBS’s viewers deserve to hear them, yet strangely they were not.

?Face the Nation? Edits Out Senator Cruz Condemning Obama?s ?Abuse of Power' | NewsBusters

The reason they did so is that President Obama dug in and said he wouldn't compromise and he wouldn't negotiate. In fact, I went to one of the most surreal meetings I've ever been at, where President Obama invited all the senate Republicans to go up to the White House. He sat us in a room. This is in the middle of the shutdown.

And he said, "I invited you here to tell you I will not negotiate. I will not compromise on anything." That's why we had a shutdown.

In the middle of the shutdown? Hmm.. after the fact. Why did the government get shut down? Who demanded what be tied to what or else?

You mean Ol' Senator Shutdown Hold em (Texas)?

We have seen make himself no longer a contender, along with Huckabee and perhaps my favorite, Christie.

We in the GOP are holding our candidates to a higher standing. About time.

In the middle of the shutdown? Hmm.. after the fact. Why did the government get shut down? Who demanded what be tied to what or else?

what did obama negotiate before the shutdown? look, both parties are responsible, but this could have easily been avoided had obama not dug his heels in on something he gave waivers to his political friends for.

Dear Ted "your fellow Republicans said you’d led them over a cliff."

We all know you too well.

"As usual, everything Sen. Cruz said about the ACA was a total lie. The biggest lie that Cruz is clinging to is that 5 million people have lost their insurance. A report from the Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee found that of the millions who received cancelation notices, the actual number of people who lost their insurance is 10,000. Of the 99.8% who received a cancelation notice, millions renewed their existing policy and an additional 1.4 million are eligible for federal subsidies through the exchange. " https://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/26/lying-aca-ted-cruz-demands-apology-president-obama.html

Dear Ted "your fellow Republicans said you’d led them over a cliff."

We all know you too well.

"As usual, everything Sen. Cruz said about the ACA was a total lie. The biggest lie that Cruz is clinging to is that 5 million people have lost their insurance. A report from the Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee found that of the millions who received cancelation notices, the actual number of people who lost their insurance is 10,000. Of the 99.8% who received a cancelation notice, millions renewed their existing policy and an additional 1.4 million are eligible for federal subsidies through the exchange. " https://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/26/lying-aca-ted-cruz-demands-apology-president-obama.html
Actually the biggest lie about Obamacare was "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period."

what did obama negotiate before the shutdown? look, both parties are responsible, but this could have easily been avoided had obama not dug his heels in on something he gave waivers to his political friends for.

waivers? What did Cruz tie to what that the President refused to negotiate on?

By KATIE GLUECK | 12/5/13 4:15 PM EST

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told conservative activists in a speech Thursday that his vigorous attempts to derail Obamacare — including leading the effort to shut down the government — were being vindicated in the wake of the health reform plan’s botched roll-out. He also offered encouragement to a group that faced fierce criticism following the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

“Boy, it’s amazing how things can change in a few weeks in Congress,” Cruz, a potential 2016 Republican presidential hopeful, said at a summit hosted by the conservative American Legislative Exchange Council. “Just a few weeks ago, people in Washington were saying, ‘Why on earth are you fighting so hard against Obamacare?’ Now, nobody’s saying that. Over and over again you run into people who say, ‘Now I understand what this is all about.’”

Read more: Ted Cruz claims shutdown vindication - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

---

By MANU RAJU | 10/2/13 7:31 PM EDT Updated: 10/3/13 2:45 PM EDT

Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.

Read more: Government shutdown 2013: Some GOP colleagues angry with Ted Cruz - POLITICO.com

:rofl:

‘Face the Nation’ Edits Out Senator Cruz Condemning Obama’s ‘Abuse of Power'

In the video that aired on CBS, the interview between Schieffer and Cruz ended with the following back and forth:

BOB SCHIEFFER: Will you run for president?

SEN. TED CRUZ: Well, look, my focus is on the challenges facing this country right now (UNINTEL) senate. My focus, for example, is on the abuse of power from the president. Let's take something like the IRS scandal--

BOB SCHIEFFER: So, I'll take that as a yes or a no.

SEN. TED CRUZ: Eight months ago--

BOB SCHIEFFER: Or still thinking about it.

SEN. TED CRUZ: Well, what you can take that as, is that my focus is standing and fighting right now in the senate to bring back jobs and economic growth. Economic growth is my number one priority…

BOB SCHIEFFER: Thank you, so much, for joining us and we'll talk to you again.

However, as Senator Cruz’s YouTube channel showed, the Texas senator had extensive commentary on President Obama that mysteriously did not make it to air, just two days before the president’s State of the Union address:

SCHIEFFER: “Will you run for President?”

CRUZ: “My focus is on the abuse of power of this President. Let’s take something like the IRS scandal-
“

SCHIEFFER: “Do I take that as a yes or a no?”

CRUZ: “What you can take is that my focus is standing and fighting right now in the Senate to bring back jobs and economic growth. Let me tell you something that is deeply concerning—the abuse of power from this Administration. We’ve seen multiple filmmakers prosecuted and the government’s gone after them. Whether it’s the poor fellow that did the film that the President blamed Benghazi and the terrorist attacks on, turns out that wasn’t the reason for the attack but the Administration went and put that poor fellow in jail on unrelated charges. Just this week it was broken that Dinesh D’Souza, who did a very big movie criticizing the president, is now being prosecuted by this Administration.”

SCHIEFFER: “Senator-“

CRUZ: “Can you image the reaction if the Bush Administration had went, gone and prosecuted Michael Moore and Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn?”

SCHIEFFER: Senator--

CRUZ: It should trouble everyone the government uses government power and the IRS in particular to target their enemies and you are talking a new minutes to Chuck Schumer—“

SCHIEFFER: “We are going to leave this for another day, senator. Thank you for joining us and we’ll talk to you again.”

Now it is certainly plausible that CBS edited out the ending of the Cruz interview for time, however given that Cruz’s comments were extremely critical of the president and came just two days before an embattled President Obama gives his State of the Union speech, the timing of such editing is highly inappropriate and unusual.

CBS should explain why it felt it appropriate to edit out a high profile senator accusing the President of the United States of targeting his politcal enemies. These are strong accusations leveled at the president, and CBS’s viewers deserve to hear them, yet strangely they were not.

?Face the Nation? Edits Out Senator Cruz Condemning Obama?s ?Abuse of Power' | NewsBusters

Dude...I posted the link to the entire interview transcript up there...

You mean Ol' Senator Shutdown Hold em (Texas)?

We have seen make himself no longer a contender, along with Huckabee and perhaps my favorite, Christie.

We in the GOP are holding our candidates to a higher standing. About time.

Christie? The bully who use a helicopter to see his sons soccer game and closed the GW Bridge?

Forum List

Back