5,000 migrants per day issue, in detail

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
So every article I've read about this "5000 per day" issue always had a caveat built into it. So I checked into this caveat. The republicans never go into the details about this. Just make the 5000 per day claim and move on without explanation. So I did some checking on this caveat.

For example:
Conservative activists are recoiling as details leak from the immigration deal being negotiated in the Senate suggesting illegal border crossers will be immediately eligible for work permits and the government will allow up to 5,000 illegal immigrants a day before expulsion powers take effect.

Mike Johnsons comment:
“It is illegal to cross our border. But apparently, we’re concocting some sort of deal to allow the president to shut down the border after 5,000 people break the law," Johnson, R-La., said last month before the text had been released.

Turns out, that was the limit until emergency authorizations would kick in and deport immediately those cause crossing illegally. And a few other things, once that number has been reached.

Does the border bill allow 5K migrants into the United States per day? | Verify​

It's not illegal to cross our border ... any Mexican with a passport and clean criminal record and enter the United States and shop, visit friends or even vacation ... as long as they return to Mexico within the lawful time limit ...

What's illegal is when they work here in the United States without permission ... in which there's a United States citizen employer who's also breaking the law ... Republicans are racists so they're going after the Brownies first, let Whities go free ... Democrats have their head where the sun don't shine ...

It's not illegal to cross our border ... any Mexican with a passport and clean criminal record and enter the United States and shop, visit friends or even vacation ... as long as they return to Mexico within the lawful time limit ...

What's illegal is when they work here in the United States without permission ... in which there's a United States citizen employer who's also breaking the law ... Republicans are racists so they're going after the Brownies first, let Whities go free ... Democrats have their head where the sun don't shine ...
That's the long and short of it.

I've always said that if you're not ready to start prosecuting the illegal employers then you're not serious about illegal immigration.

It's time to punish the bastards.

That's the long and short of it.

I've always said that if you're not ready to start prosecuting the illegal employers then you're not serious about illegal immigration.

It's time to punish the bastards.

If you have money, you're above the law ... isn't that what Trump said? ... he's above the law? ... Robert Kraft never was prosecuted for hiring a sex slave in Florida ... will we get the same pass there? ...

That has nothing to do with anything in the OP. What you stated is factual. But irrelevant facts. (except for the "racist" comment)

So every article I've read about this "5000 per day" issue always had a caveat built into it. So I checked into this caveat. The republicans never go into the details about this. Just make the 5000 per day claim and move on without explanation. So I did some checking on this caveat.

For example:
Conservative activists are recoiling as details leak from the immigration deal being negotiated in the Senate suggesting illegal border crossers will be immediately eligible for work permits and the government will allow up to 5,000 illegal immigrants a day before expulsion powers take effect.

Mike Johnsons comment:
“It is illegal to cross our border. But apparently, we’re concocting some sort of deal to allow the president to shut down the border after 5,000 people break the law," Johnson, R-La., said last month before the text had been released.

Turns out, that was the limit until emergency authorizations would kick in and deport immediately those cause crossing illegally. And a few other things, once that number has been reached.

Does the border bill allow 5K migrants into the United States per day? | Verify​

The 5,000 "threshold" means that the number could be set anywhere, including ZERO.

The 5,000 "threshold" means that the number could be set anywhere, including ZERO.

It's also the number that sets off a different immigration policy. Since the bill didn't get signed into law, we'll never know how it would've affected anything. None the less, that was the details in that. Which wasn't what the republicans said it was.
Typical lying politicians making something out to be something else.

Half truths is the norm now days, from both sides.

For example:

Mike Johnsons comment:

It is very complicated

But if biden can close the border at 5,000 why cant he close it at 1 or 0?

What are libs waiting for?

It's also the number that sets off a different immigration policy. Since the bill didn't get signed into law, we'll never know how it would've affected anything. None the less, that was the details in that. Which wasn't what the republicans said it was.
Typical lying politicians making something out to be something else.

Half truths is the norm now days, from both sides.
What we're being told is in the bill is never the real reason for the bill....That's been axiomatic since at least the '70s.

Still can't believe how many alleged "conservatives" fell for the Trojan horse ChinTok bill last week.

What we're being told is in the bill is never the real reason for the bill....That's been axiomatic since at least the '70s.

Still can't believe how many alleged "conservatives" fell for the Trojan horse ChinTok bill last week.

"fell for?" Shit man, most of them wanted it because they stuffed it with as much pork as the democrats did.

Was only about 23 pages....Can't jam much pork into that.

It's Patriot Act 2.0, and the boobs fell for it....Or did they really?

Oops. I got the $2trillion bill mixed up with that border/Ukraine/Israel bill.

Forum List

Back