does God love us?

It always makes me scratch my head when I read about people not believing in God because He DOESN'T do magical things for them.

No faith. Matthew 17:20

How many mountains have you seen being moved lately? You know somebody would have done it by now if it was possible.
Depends on how you took it. But let's assume it was meant to be taken literally, how do you know what the limit of consciousness is?

Christians crow about how accurate the bible is except for the parts where they need an excuse to ignore it. I'm just saying there aren't any mountains jumping back and forth.
I suspect there may be no passages you would accept. You think it's all fairytales, right?
There is profound wisdom and universal truth to be found in the Bible. I could never compare it with a simple fairy tale. Much of it is true, even if those events depicted never really happened. Unfortunately, the more I studied it, the less reason I found to believe in a loving, all powerful god who does such horrible things.
Interesting. All I can tell you is that the Jews believed God was loving, so maybe it's your understanding of what you are reading that is flawed. As for events depicted never happening, not sure what you are referring to but if you are reading it literally I can understand your confusion.

I did not come to believe in God by reading other people's perception of God. I came to believe in God through observations of the natural world, myself, others, logic and experience. It was only then that I was able to make sense of the various teachings of ancient man. All I can tell you is that my confirmation came from experiencing God firsthand and witnessing the transformations which ensued. The proof is always in the pudding and my life has been enriched beyond measure for making that pudding.

If you don't feel that something is missing or the need to transform yourself, then don't.

It always makes me scratch my head when I read about people not believing in God because He DOESN'T do magical things for them.

How many mountains have you seen being moved lately? You know somebody would have done it by now if it was possible.
Depends on how you took it. But let's assume it was meant to be taken literally, how do you know what the limit of consciousness is?

Christians crow about how accurate the bible is except for the parts where they need an excuse to ignore it. I'm just saying there aren't any mountains jumping back and forth.
I suspect there may be no passages you would accept. You think it's all fairytales, right?
There is profound wisdom and universal truth to be found in the Bible. I could never compare it with a simple fairy tale. Much of it is true, even if those events depicted never really happened. Unfortunately, the more I studied it, the less reason I found to believe in a loving, all powerful god who does such horrible things.
Interesting. All I can tell you is that the Jews believed God was loving, so maybe it's your understanding of what you are reading that is flawed. As for events depicted never happening, not sure what you are referring to but if you are reading it literally I can understand your confusion.

I did not come to believe in God by reading other people's perception of God. I came to believe in God through observations of the natural world, myself, others, logic and experience. It was only then that I was able to make sense of the various teachings of ancient man. All I can tell you is that my confirmation came from experiencing God firsthand and witnessing the transformations which ensued. The proof is always in the pudding and my life has been enriched beyond measure for making that pudding.

If you don't feel that something is missing or the need to transform yourself, then don't.

I feel the need to transform myself every day. There are always new goals to accomplish, and imperfections to correct. You don't need the fear of an omnipotent judgmental being to want to better yourself. I want to better myself for me and the ones I love, not because I'm afraid of what some imagined all knowing taskmaster will do to me if I don't.

What good would it do for the human race to bail us out from ourselves at every turn...The God I hope to find one day is a loving instructor...a teacher....a being that wants the best for me....and what is best for me is to allow me to be in control of my entire life in a world of beauty love good and bad and consequences.....otherwise why bother....
we are god...duh

after killing 3 million people with one virus, it seems to me God is an asshole, if he exists even

I've always looked at it that he if he exists he only involves himself in our lives before we are born and after we are dead,, the rest is up to us. so dying from a virus is no different that being mauled by a tiger,,
I have a cat named tiger, he mauls me every morning until I get up an feed him

after killing 3 million people with one virus, it seems to me God is an asshole, if he exists even

Don't blame God. Blame Satan, Adam, and Eve for the sin that causes plague and pestilence on this earth. You were created in God's image and He loves you far more than his own angels. But like it's written in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." Don't ever believe that the Devil is not real.

Those people who died of coronavirus had every chance throughout their lifetimes of accepting Christ as their savior. After all, this worldly life may be only 70 or 80 years, but the afterlife is forever.
God and Satan are the same and both are YOU

I've always looked at it that he if he exists he only involves himself in our lives before we are born and after we are dead,, the rest is up to us. so dying from a virus is no different that being mauled by a tiger,,
youre confusing maul with aggressively telling you to feed him,,

when he bites my toes, that is maul

when he bites my toes, that is maul
when he eats your toes hes mauling you,,

I feel the need to transform myself every day. There are always new goals to accomplish, and imperfections to correct. You don't need the fear of an omnipotent judgmental being to want to better yourself. I want to better myself for me and the ones I love, not because I'm afraid of what some imagined all knowing taskmaster will do to me if I don't.
It's not about fear. It's about love.

[

Right. The love of keeping your ass out of an imaginary fire. That's what it all comes down to. Well, that, and an inordinate sense of superiority.

I surmised this about you some weeks ago. I came to God via the very same process. It's no wonder at all to me why we apprehend so many of the same truths and their pathways.

[

Right. The love of keeping your ass out of an imaginary fire. That's what it all comes down to. Well, that, and an inordinate sense of superiority.
Nope. But by that logic you only did good to keep from getting divorced. ;)

I surmised this about you some weeks ago. I came to God via the very same process. It's no wonder at all to me why we apprehend so many of the same truths and their pathways.
It's been a really long journey for me that turned on all of the learning centers of my brain.

[

Nope. But by that logic you only did good to keep from getting divorced. ;)
Dumb remark. Try not to post goofy shit.

Forum List

Back