Does anybody here hate their job so much that it has depressed you to the point of sickness?

I'm at that point. 28 years with the same company and I've had enough. I'm ready to throw away good pay, benefits, and retirement so that I can enjoy what time I have on this Earth. This job is draining the life right out of me, both mentally and physically. I'm just a number to this company, anyway - not a real person. Has anyone else here made such a drastic (or I dare say - stupid) decision late in their careers?
28 years Yeah do not toss it outright ....especially if its gonna effect a retirement payout
Plan your exit
Then go do something else for an income

Love ya what do never work a day in your life.....it is pretty much true...for the most part

Grab the wife or girlfirend Take a vacation ..turn off phone for 2 weeks...talk it over plan it out

Unless ya got that f.u. money stashed ?then fuck em all

Really, how bad can it be? They can’t beat you. The worst they can do is call you useless and hope you quit on your own to save them a severance payment.

I love my job! Sure, the old guy who runs this place is a complete dick, but that is one of those things a person just has to accept when they run their own business.

I'm at that point. 28 years with the same company and I've had enough. I'm ready to throw away good pay, benefits, and retirement so that I can enjoy what time I have on this Earth. This job is draining the life right out of me, both mentally and physically. I'm just a number to this company, anyway - not a real person. Has anyone else here made such a drastic (or I dare say - stupid) decision late in their careers?

Ya. In January I had a case go awry. I spent the rest of January, February and most of March not doing anything but work. My kid had a new girlfriend and was never home. So, I would come home and on my days off I wouldn't leave my bed. At the end of March I was out on a Wednesday until 2 AM on a Thursday. I was back at work by 8:00 am. Friday I had my heart attack. I was out for one week and back at work.

I am watching it go down again. I'm also of the mind that I only have to get my kid into college and then I can do whatever the hell that I want to. I'm good at my job but I'm not happy.

I've never let my job or my properties own me, and did well anyway; I won't work just to make some asshole money, and I've worked jobs that didn't pay anything because I liked the people I was working for. Always hated corporations, didn't even apply to them, got offers anyway, but was never tempted to work for any big company except on a consultant basis. If jobs didn't suck, they wouldn't have to pay people to do them is a good rule of thumb, the higher the pay, the worst the job in most cases. Find a variety of stuff you can do self-employed, or just buy a cheap piece of property, build a cheap house and forget the rat race; most people who do that end up happier, if not rich.

Forum List

Back