Does America Need Be Saved From Theocracy?

threat to secularism???

I sure hope so.

Let's check the damage/slaughter secularism and its proponents have done in modern times:

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million

Okay- let's look at that.

The First World War was fought between the King of Great Britian, head of the Church of England and the Tsar of all the Russias, head of the Russian Orthodox Church, vs. the head of the Lutheran Church of Germany and the Caliph of Islam...

Seems like a whole lot of religion was going on in World War I...

The rest of your list is equally faulty...

So let's put a fine point on it. Human beings are generally terrible to each other. It's pretty easy to point out the flaws in the other guy's country while ignoring your own... but just as much blood has been spilled over Allah and Jesus as has been spilled over which form of economic system you want to follow.

WWI was not a war of religion, you ignorant buffoon.
Your direct quote, Mr. Unkotare: "WWI was not a war of religion, you ignorant buffoon."
Is there a reason any of that was in reply to my post?

????
You don't think religion means anything to the rest of us. .....

When did I say that, mental case?
Direct quote below:
threat to secularism???

I sure hope so.

Let's check the damage/slaughter secularism and its proponents have done in modern times:

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million

Okay- let's look at that.

The First World War was fought between the King of Great Britian, head of the Church of England and the Tsar of all the Russias, head of the Russian Orthodox Church, vs. the head of the Lutheran Church of Germany and the Caliph of Islam...

Seems like a whole lot of religion was going on in World War I...

The rest of your list is equally faulty...

So let's put a fine point on it. Human beings are generally terrible to each other. It's pretty easy to point out the flaws in the other guy's country while ignoring your own... but just as much blood has been spilled over Allah and Jesus as has been spilled over which form of economic system you want to follow.

WWI was not a war of religion, you ignorant buffoon.
Your direct quote, Mr. Unkotare: "WWI was not a war of religion, you ignorant buffoon."

It wasn’t. That has nothing to do with your incoherent reply to me.
Your failure at comprehension.....

No, stop trying to cover your idiocy.

You don't think religion means anything to the rest of us. My family history book is 4 inches thick. It goes back to the Mayflower, and religion was handed down, father to son, mother to daughter, for all generations since then. In our family, it was everything.

Okay. Those people 400 years ago also believed in Witches and that bleeding was a good treatment for what ailed you.

Just because a backwards superstition is handed down does not make it valid.

Sorry, but when my dad came back from Vietnam, he told me about all the anti soldier hippy shit at the airport. He said it made him so mad his knuckles went white gripping the armrest of his chair. I'm guessing you have a lot of soldier friends, lol.

11 years in the Army, for a while there, I didn't have any friends who weren't soldiers.

But, no, the spitting incidents were a myth. Most anti-war protesters realized the draftees who were forced to fight the war were as much victims as the Vietnamese.

You don't think religion means anything to the rest of us. My family history book is 4 inches thick. It goes back to the Mayflower, and religion was handed down, father to son, mother to daughter, for all generations since then. In our family, it was everything.

Okay. Those people 400 years ago also believed in Witches and that bleeding was a good treatment for what ailed you.

Just because a backwards superstition is handed down does not make it valid.
Sorry to rain on your little pooey parade, JoeB, but i come from a long line of schoolmarms and Presbyterian ministers who taught decency and caring for their fellow man, intelligent patience and virtue for their baby girls.

Most anti-war protesters realized the draftees who were forced to fight the war were as much victims as the Vietnamese

and neither has figured out what happened and why.... RELIGION

JFK offed
LBJ starts war with 'nam
Congress purchases new weapons
Weapons are diverted to ISRAEL
Israel starts the deliberate planned land grab invasion of 67
LBJ knew that, expected it, and lied to the American people about it

CIA Analysis of the 1967 Arab-Israeli War — Central Intelligence Agency

"Helms was awakened at 3:00 in the morning on 5 June by a call from the CIA Operations Center. The Foreign Broadcast Information Service had picked up reports that Israel had launched its attack. (OCI soon concluded that the Israelis— contrary to their claims—had fired first.) President Johnson was gratified that because of CIA analyses and Helms's tip, he could inform congressional leaders later in the day that he had been expecting Israel's move."

Sorry to rain on your little pooey parade, JoeB, but i come from a long line of schoolmarms and Presbyterian ministers who taught decency and caring for their fellow man, intelligent patience and virtue for their baby girls.

Well, if believing in an imaginary sky fairy is the only thing keeping you from going on a homicidal rampage, please keep believing that.

Most of us prefer to live in the 21st century where we have reason and science.

Actually, hon, our rights DO overrule the law. That's kinda the point of rights . . . although I wouldn't expect a fascist, government-worshipping leftist drone like you to understand that.
In this USA the policy regarding laws and rights is from the philosophy of John Locke:
Locke’s claim is that individuals have a duty to respect the rights of others, even in the state of nature. The source of this duty, he says, is natural law.

If somebody puts their own rights above the law, they can take away your rights.

Let's review exactly what 'rights' are.

Here is what ‘rights’ are.
A right is something an individual has by virtue of being human.

1. Human beings are the only entities that have rights.

2. Rights belong to each human individually.

3. Rights are exercised by individuals, and are not given nor ascribed by any person of group, especially governments.

4. Rights are voluntary, in that individuals may choose whether to either exercise them or to ignore them.

5. Individual cannot have a right that infringes upon or diminishes the rights of others.

6. To be clear, ‘benefits’ such as education, shelter, or a job require resources from somewhere else, and therefore, cannot be given or protected without restricting another’s right to the property of his hands or mind.

Rights are given by our Creator, inalienable and supersede 'laws.'

So saith the Declaration of Independence, which refers to God five distinct times.

"5. Individual cannot have a right that infringes upon or diminishes the rights of others."

so you support gay rights now?

What rights are those?

"What rights are those?"

the right or privilege to marry
the right or privilege to not be beaten to death by conservatives
the right or privilege to NOT be discriminated against in business or society

the right or privilege to not have to worry about extremist lunatic evangelical christians like roy moore creating laws to criminalize gays.

Do you still have you "I VOTED FOR ROY MOORE" pin?

Sounds to me like the only "right" you want is to misrepresent things in an attempt to substitute your emotions for any need to think logically.

Forum List

Back