Does a person need to be liberal to enjoy science fiction and believe humanity is destined for a future in space?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
And by sci fi I don't mean Star Wars or Star Trek. I mean masterpieces like these!
489336569.jpg

43462058._SX318_.jpg

5b4fc4ddb2739.image.jpg

A_Fire_Upon_the_Deep.bookcover.jpg

22747321.jpg

Most of the science fiction at least coming out of Hollywood today is Far Left, Progressive, PC, Woke nonsense, pushing women unnaturally as always the heroes. It's a load of crap.
Try some Jack McDeVitt Academy series... Priscilla Hutchins is a badass.

So is Marva Chang from Chalkers "Well of Souls" series.

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman

Ringworld series By Larry Niven

Anything by Asimov (especially Foundation and Robot series')

Chronicles of Solace series by Rodger MacBride Allen

Timescape by Gregory Benford

Incarnations of Immortality series by Peirs Anthony

Anything by Arthur C Clarke

And by sci fi I don't mean Star Wars or Star Trek. I mean masterpieces like these!
489336569.jpg

43462058._SX318_.jpg

5b4fc4ddb2739.image.jpg

A_Fire_Upon_the_Deep.bookcover.jpg

22747321.jpg
Definitely NOT, to answer your thread title question. I'm about as conservative and patriotic as they come and I LOVE the science fiction genre. I AM more of a fan of writers like Ray Bradbury and Harlan Ellison, who didn't write "hard" science fiction. In fact, Harlan Ellison hated it when people referred to him as a science fiction writer. He called science fiction "Sciffy", and preferred that his writing be referred to as "speculative fiction". Harlan was quite a character and I had the great fortune of meeting him twice at book signings/lectures when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. And he was quite generous in signing items. I have about 7 or 8 items signed by him, including the highly collectible and rare CD of Harlan reading his wonderful story, Paladin of the Lost Hour. Having recounted all this, I HAVE enjoyed several "hard" science fiction novels, as well. Especially Lucifer's Hammer, which was written in collaboration by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

If you mean 'liberal' in the sense of Rush Limbuagh's halfwit definition, then n, you can be a total retard and like 'science fiction'. In fact, science fiction pervades right wing nutjob 'economics' theories, same as it does left wing nutjobs and their fictional versions of 'science', though the left wing also adds a lot more science fiction from fake biological studies and sociology superstitions than right wingers do. It's ironic that they share a lot of bizarre science fictions with each other, such as 'evolution' rubbish, seeing as sociopaths they agree a lot more more than they disagree on what to do with 'Impure' humans.

If you mean 'liberal' in the sense of Rush Limbuagh's halfwit definition, then n, you can be a total retard and like 'science fiction'. In fact, science fiction pervades right wing nutjob 'economics' theories, same as it does left wing nutjobs and their fictional versions of 'science', though the left wing also adds a lot more science fiction from fake biological studies and sociology superstitions than right wingers do. It's ironic that they share a lot of bizarre science fictions with each other, such as 'evolution' rubbish, seeing as sociopaths they agree a lot more more than they disagree on what to do with 'Impure' humans.
Invent a purifying machine. Works like this.

pushing women unnaturally as always the heroes.

There is nothing unnatural about a woman hero, or an enemy.

There is a woman hero and enemy in most people's life.

To make women the sole hero and able to better much bigger stronger men all the time is UNREALISTIC. Yes, movies are fantasy, but they push women to the point of RIDICULOUSNESS. That along with all the Woke, PC, SJW crap makes them UNWATCHABLE.

To make women the sole hero and able to better much bigger stronger men all the time is UNREALISTIC. Yes, movies are fantasy, but they push women to the point of RIDICULOUSNESS. That along with all the Woke, PC, SJW crap makes them UNWATCHABLE.
so you cant handle a strong woman character?....

so you cant handle a strong woman character?....
well since you laughed twice at that ill take that to mean you either cant handle a tough woman OR you like them so much you get a boner and just dont want to admit it....

Forum List

Back