Doctor Who Actor Dead At 93

Lord I hope I don't live to be 93.

Why not? I've been to 2 birthday parties this year, one for a woman who just turned 80, and one for a man who just hit 83. Both of them are still very aware, well spoken, and get around without any help whatsoever. My soon to be mother in law just turned 80 at the end of May, and she and her husband (my soon to be father in law) both go out every day and tend the rather large garden they planted. I go out and help tend to it as well, but Carol (my soon to be mother in law), even though she's 80, can still work just as hard (if not harder) than me, and I'm only 58. If I can stay healthy, I'm hoping to hit at least 90.

That being said, sad to hear about Dr. Who passing on. I didn't know about Dr. Who until around 5 years ago or so, and it has been one of my favorite shows. Must see TV on Sundays. I really enjoyed the couple of episodes where they had 3 Dr. Whos together on at one time with the original actors.

NOt his first appearance in the Dr Who franchise

Why not? I've been to 2 birthday parties this year, one for a woman who just turned 80, and one for a man who just hit 83. Both of them are still very aware, well spoken, and get around without any help whatsoever. My soon to be mother in law just turned 80 at the end of May, and she and her husband (my soon to be father in law) both go out every day and tend the rather large garden they planted. I go out and help tend to it as well, but Carol (my soon to be mother in law), even though she's 80, can still work just as hard (if not harder) than me, and I'm only 58. If I can stay healthy, I'm hoping to hit at least 90.

That being said, sad to hear about Dr. Who passing on. I didn't know about Dr. Who until around 5 years ago or so, and it has been one of my favorite shows. Must see TV on Sundays. I really enjoyed the couple of episodes where they had 3 Dr. Whos together on at one time with the original actors.
93 is a far cry from 80.

I'd like to make it to 80, if I'm healthy.

I ran into Sylvester McCoy on a cruise ship a couple of months ago. He was a very sweet man who mostly wanted to listen to music and talk about art and culture.

I'd probably want to have a drink with David and Georgia, though. They exhale clever like most people breath.

You know, I wouldn't mind being able to make it to my 90's, as there is so much being developed that it's pretty amazing to watch.

I was born in the mid 60's, and since then I've seen a man land on the moon, space shuttles going back and forth, an international station being built and used in orbit, seen technological advancements from prosthetic limbs that can respond to brain waves, the internet, seeing phones go from land lines to cell phones that are almost like having a computer in your pocket, as well as many other things. I like that bicycles (yes, I ride), have gone from the 60 lb behemoths down to a svelte 15 to 21 lbs, and are faster as well as much more reliable.

I'd like to stick around as much as I can to see what other cool things can come around. Right now, there is in development (and should be available for purchase at the end of this year or beginning of next) a bracelet that can project a phone screen onto your forearm, and you can use ALL of the functions (keyboard included) that you can of your smart phone, with the exception of taking pictures or doing video calls.

1659041050276.png

You know, I wouldn't mind being able to make it to my 90's, as there is so much being developed that it's pretty amazing to watch.

I was born in the mid 60's, and since then I've seen a man land on the moon, space shuttles going back and forth, an international station being built and used in orbit, seen technological advancements from prosthetic limbs that can respond to brain waves, the internet, seeing phones go from land lines to cell phones that are almost like having a computer in your pocket, as well as many other things. I like that bicycles (yes, I ride), have gone from the 60 lb behemoths down to a svelte 15 to 21 lbs, and are faster as well as much more reliable.

I'd like to stick around as much as I can to see what other cool things can come around. Right now, there is in development (and should be available for purchase at the end of this year or beginning of next) a bracelet that can project a phone screen onto your forearm, and you can use ALL of the functions (keyboard included) that you can of your smart phone, with the exception of taking pictures or doing video calls.

View attachment 675700

I think the Circlet Bracelet is vaporware. Its been 'about to be released' since about 2016. There are a lot of scam videos about it.

But it looks super cool! I hope they eventually develop something like that.

Forum List

Back