Do you watch the State of the Union Address

Do you watch the SOU

• Yes, every year

• No, never

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from my party

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from the "other" party

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, you're basing you prejudiced opinion on the snippets that other media report.
Which by their very nature only extracts or repeats the items of controversy.

In short, the media reports what the Washington Post got wrong, not what they get right.
yeah, sure. Are you even an American? somehow I doubt it.

How do you know that any of that actually happened? Wash post???????????????
It was reported by the National Archives, who complained of receiving documents scotch taped back together, along with envelopes of torn up documents NOT taped back together again.

Basically to see how many LIES and WHOPPERS the president tells.
I know Pedo Joe won't mention the open border, the migrants infesting the cities, inflation, Hunter's Laptop, his "right track - wrong track" numbers.

You can do that by reading the transcript in about 1/5 of the time the speech takes.

2. The courts did not say whose property those boxes are. Their disposition should have been decided in court. like Bubba Clinton's sock drawer tapes.

The court didn't have to say whose property it was. It was clear by statute that they belonged like all other presidential records to the national archives.

The "tapes" in Clintons sock drawer were properly segregated, and his personal property, as the courts ruled.

A conservative group called Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit, demanding that Clinton be forced to turn over the recordings. In 2012

So, do people still watch these things?

I am pretty sure the last one I sat through was Reagan.
Should have just had an option of no as both you and I have watched them before but have not in a very long time. I voted no anyway but I have watched them in the past. They have become totally useless, no matter which party has the presidency. It's nothing but a cheerleading rah rah rah speech and has very little to do with the state of the union. The president says how great things are going, his party stands up and claps, and this happens over and over again, followed by the rebuttal from the other party who says the exact opposite. If you have laundry to catch up on this is a great opportunity. Better yet, watch some Gilligan's Island reruns. Only partisans watch the damned thing.

I didn't watch any of Trump's, haven't watched any of Biden's, did watch all of Bush Jr's., and the first couple of Obama and I was done with them. Haven't watched since. I did not watch the Presidential debates in 2020, 2016, and 2012.

Holy crap no. The speech is insulting, as is the response. The party or parties we're talking about are irrelevant.
You are mostly correct except for one thing. Unfortunately for us all, the parties are relevant whether we like it or not.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who admits to watching the SOTU address?!
i'll tune in a half hour after it starts, just to see if my fondest dream of someone setting off a Neutron Bomb.

Unfortunately, my fear is this year, Hunter will be the Designated Survivor.

I usually start watching it, but then it quickly turns to "rah rah team" full of half truths, no truths and more promises with no intent.

I will start watching this one only to see how bad his cognitive decline is going to make him constantly say the wrong words, mispronounce words so badly it isn't even a word and then see how far he is willing to lie about inflation.

The court didn't have to say whose property it was. It was clear by statute that they belonged like all other presidential records to the national archives.
The "tapes" in Clintons sock drawer were properly segregated, and his personal property, as the courts ruled.
A conservative group called Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit, demanding that Clinton be forced to turn over the recordings. In 2012
Don't know why I'm defending Trump. I want Desantis or Nikki Haley as our nominee in 2024.

i'll tune in a half hour after it starts, just to see if my fondest dream of someone setting off a Neutron Bomb.
Unfortunately, my fear is this year, Hunter will be the Designated Survivor.
Like one other poster said, he'd watch just to see if Pedeo Joe keels over. The partisan standing ovations for lies, get on my nerves.

And how would you know. You said you don't read it, because it's behind a pay wall.

Yet you have a prejudiced opinion of something you haven't read.
From Media bias fact check:

leftcenter04.png

Forum List

Back