Do you watch the State of the Union Address

Do you watch the SOU

• Yes, every year

• No, never

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from my party

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from the "other" party

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I usually get the highlights from the talking heads (both sides) either way.

2. Seeing Nancy tear up the speech was the best part.

Actually the best part was republican reaction. And their claim that as a "presidential paper" that Nancy wasn't allowed to rip it up, and was required to turn her copy over to the National Archives.

In light of how Trump treated his presidential papers, we can see what a joke republicans are.

Never listen to the State of the Union ... it's always over-inflated with optimism from the controlling party, full of baseless promises and used to garner short-term political points. Supporting parties will clap regardless of the claim and opposing parties the opposite. The president typically gets a short-term bump and then it's back to business as usual.

Not usually but if there's a good "play by play" thread on another forum I might follow along for the lutz.

Sadly this site's efforts in that regard are boring as fuck. Let's face it, the SOTU should be viewed as entertainment to be poked fun at, nothing more.....The internet equivalent of throwing cabbage and tomatoes at the putz on stage.

Sigh.....I've no wish to have to scroll though a bunch of breathless run-on sentence leftist tripe to get to the rare nugget of humor. ;)

Forum List

Back