Do you watch the State of the Union Address

Do you watch the SOU

• Yes, every year

• No, never

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from my party

• Yes, but only if the POTUS is from the "other" party

Results are only viewable after voting.
Then why didn't you say something about the ripped up presidential records they found in Trumps toilet. Or the numerous presidential records that Trump ripped up and threw in the trash, and his aides had to scotch tape back together.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, "they" did not find any in Trump's toilet. One person made this unsubstantiated claim years later.

And as long as we refuse to change the system under which they operate, they'll continue to disappoint us.
And how do you change the system? Only Republicans and Democrats can change the system and they seem to like it fine just the way it is. I hope you're not going to suggest voting "other" because other is exactly the same as "all of the above".

And how do you change the system? Only Republicans and Democrats can change the system and they seem to like it fine just the way it is. I hope you're not going to suggest voting "other" because other is exactly the same as "all of the above".
It wouldn't happen overnight. The only way to change their behaviors is to change the system. That means term limits, publicly-funded elections, ranked choice voting, bipartisan redistricting commissions. Maybe some kind of soft Balanced Budget Amendment.

There are arguments against each one of those ideas, but taken as a whole, they would change behaviors. So we'd need to elect people who would pledge to fight for those things. That's our only choice.

Or, we just keep bending over for more of the same. It's our choice.

Not usually but if there's a good "play by play" thread on another forum I might follow along for the lutz.

Sadly this site's efforts in that regard are boring as fuck. Let's face it, the SOTU should be viewed as entertainment to be poked fun at, nothing more.....The internet equivalent of throwing cabbage and tomatoes at the putz on stage.

Sigh.....I've no wish to have to scroll though a bunch of breathless run-on sentence leftist tripe to get to the rare nugget of humor. ;)

Yea, this! Rinse and Repeat once a year.

I will start watching this one only to see how bad his cognitive decline is going to make him constantly say the wrong words, mispronounce words so badly it isn't even a word and then see how far he is willing to lie about inflation.
I can understand people tuning in for this. It's kind of like tuning in to watch a 45 year old prizefighter take one last bout against some kid in his 20's. Will he make it? Can he go the distance?

It wouldn't happen overnight. The only way to change their behaviors is to change the system. That means term limits, publicly-funded elections, ranked choice voting, bipartisan redistricting commissions. Maybe some kind of soft Balanced Budget Amendment.

There are arguments against each one of those ideas, but taken as a whole, they would change behaviors. So we'd need to elect people who would pledge to fight for those things. That's our only choice.

You have an active fantasy life. By the way, term limits are stupid. Republicans are republicans and democrats are democrats. If you institute term limits, all you do is have a different assortment of republicans and democrats. Nothing changes. If you think that will take lobbyists out of the picture you're wrong. I used to be in retail management. The fourth quarter is always a killer because when you hire a bunch of cashiers, knowing they are only going to be working a few weeks and then gone, it's very common of them to steal whatever they can before they're let go after the holidays. Same with other workers who aren't cashiers. If you haven't figured out the point of that yet then I'll explain it to you. If these people know they are only going to be there for one or two terms then gone, it just makes them realize they have to do all of their stealing from lobbyists, etc in a shorter period of time. Meanwhile, we never have anyone in government experienced to handle things because no one is ever there long enough to actually know what they're doing.

why don't we have term limits already? because being in congress is the most financially lucrative job available in the world today.

Do you watch the State of the Union Address​

For what?
Because you have been asleep for 364 days and cannot make up your mind about anything without first being spoon fed garbage ?

No they are just partisan pep rallies one side sits there like they are nailed to their chair while the other will hop up and give a standing ovation for anything. The President could get a standing ovation from half the room for saying I like fruit loops cereal. I did read McCarthy wouldn’t tear up Biden’s speech it would have been funny to see the reverse reactions from when Pelosi did it.

A dog and pony show that means absolutely nothing. The SOTU is like the Academy Awards without the cleavage.
W1ddGWk.png

No they are just partisan pep rallies one side sits there like they are nailed to their chair while the other will hop up and give a standing ovation for anything. The President could get a standing ovation from half the room for saying I like fruit loops cereal. I did read McCarthy wouldn’t tear up Biden’s speech it would have been funny to see the reverse reactions from when Pelosi did it.

It would be great if he pulled out a bic lighter and caught it on fire!

Mc Carthy should hock a huge lugie on the back of Joe's head. That would make us even with Pelosi ripping up Trumps speech.

Fed is far far far too involved with manipulation
Jesus, a great jobs report and they lose their shit and threatened more punitive acts. With the fed right now really good is really bad and we must reign in this manipulative over controlling crap
So much now is falsely made up as “for our own good”

Forum List

Back