Do You Understand the Electoral College?

You obviously didn't even bother to watch the video, you just started spewing your ignorance.
Rebut her points.

Nope. She didn't have a point, and I'm not wasting my tiime.

There is no good reason to make someone president when the people clearly wanted someone else.

I would not call a .2% lead clear.
Even Hillary saw it and is why she did not contest.

If we from the EC to a popular vote to elect a President we would still be a Republic.

Call for a Constitutional Convention and quit crying.

Gosh, I'll try and hold back my tears for poor Mrs. Clinton. </sarcasm>

In addition to the switching the EC to Popular I also call for a CC for:

Term limits

Balanced Budget.

More accountability of the federal Government to the people who elected them.

Mechanism for National Referendums.

If we from the EC to a popular vote to elect a President we would still be a Republic.

Call for a Constitutional Convention and quit crying.

Gosh, I'll try and hold back my tears for poor Mrs. Clinton. </sarcasm>

In addition to the switching the EC to Popular I also call for a CC for:

Term limits

Balanced Budget.

More accountability of the federal Government to the people who elected them.

Mechanism for National Referendums.

Go for it, but quit whining.

Actually certain cities in those states. Most counties in California and New York are RED.

Most counties have no people in them.

You all do not get the danger of mob rule. You fools tote the bag for the commie left who hate the fact that they cannot control the country.

Mob Rule is what we got with Trump, buddy. An angry mob voted for him beause they were mad at the govenrment, not because they thought about the consequences.

The electoral college does not allow them to control it. Why? Cause the power is in the states and not concentrated in just a few cities. Which, would be far easier for the commies to control.

You don't get it, cause you cannot see the long term ramifications of mobacracy. Which is what makes you a tool.

Every other Democracy elects through parliaments or by popular vote. Nobody else does something as crazy as giving an out sized vote to smaller states because 200 years ago, a bunch of guys who crapped in chamber-pots didn't trust each other.

That is why we are a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy.
The Constitution stops the Government from being in complete control over the people.

Actually certain cities in those states. Most counties in California and New York are RED.

You all do not get the danger of mob rule. You fools tote the bag for the commie left who hate the fact that they cannot control the country.

Mob Rule is what we got with Trump, buddy. An angry mob voted for him beause they were mad at the govenrment, not because they thought about the consequences.

The electoral college does not allow them to control it. Why? Cause the power is in the states and not concentrated in just a few cities. Which, would be far easier for the commies to control.

You don't get it, cause you cannot see the long term ramifications of mobacracy. Which is what makes you a tool.

Every other Democracy elects through parliaments or by popular vote. Nobody else does something as crazy as giving an out sized vote to smaller states because 200 years ago, a bunch of guys who crapped in chamber-pots didn't trust each other.

The Constitution stops the Government from being in complete control over the people.
That's what pisses the left off - they want the government having complete control over the people.

That's what pisses the left off - they want the government having complete control over the people.

The Constitution IS the government. Goddam you people sometimes...

But today, when you can accurately count all the votes in one day... No so much.
Having research this topic by trying out various state or local (county for example) government sites, I have noticed that all the votes have not even been counted as of today. Sure, many are 99% done, but I haven't found any final results.

Tara Ross does an excellent job of displaying the brilliance of why the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College. Share with your friends to educate them.

The electoral college is stupid.

Only because it gives the smaller states a voice, and the big states dont' like that

If you're Wyoming, a state with about 300,000 voters, you deserve a voice,

of 300,000 votes.

How many senators does Wyoming have?

California, NY.

Here;s an idea...

do the election, total the votes, highest total wins the state.

State gets one vote each.

Candidate with the most states wins the election

Tara Ross does an excellent job of displaying the brilliance of why the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College. Share with your friends to educate them.

The electoral college is stupid.

Every anti EC leftard is incapable of rebutting the video or the transcript. They are stuck on stupid anti-American morons incapable of even attempting to educate themselves.
That is why they vote Democrat

The Constitution IS the government. Goddam you people sometimes...

YES!
Which guarantees us a Republic form of government, not a Social Democracy.

Here;s an idea...

do the election, total the votes, highest total wins the state.

State gets one vote each.

Candidate with the most states wins the election

That was one of the original systems proposed.

Half the congressional congress believed that presidential elections should be decided by popular vote, and the other half thought that presidential elections should be decided by state votes. The electoral college was the compromise between the two.

If you go with your idea, then the 500,000 people that live in Alaska have equal representation to the ten million people that live in Michigan, which gives the potential to elect a president that is vastly unpopular with the majority of Americans.

Forum List

Back