Would Trump have won if?

• Trump won anyway, but yes, not question

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Taking the states approach was actually the most constitutional route possible. It's a good thing that Trump didn't get more involved, because it is the responsibility of the states to handle things like this.
You have to be kidding? Once something crosses state lines it becomes a federal thing. Think when a hurricane strikes, the government sends in FEMA.
I'm not a fan of FEMA either. States should be responsible for their own disaster funding. Otherwise, you have the current situation where certain states suck up a lot of federal funds for disasters, while others foot the bill. Florida is at least semi-proactive about this, because they have their own state fund for disasters. I'm not sure if it covers their entire disaster costs, but it's a start.

Every state should be more independent about this sort of thing and various other issues.

Kindly define “National Emergency” for the class as a state issue - GO!! :icon_rolleyes:
COVID wasn't a national emergency. I know the media likes to pretend it was though.

Then why did Rump Dumpster declare a national fucking emergency, proclaim himself to be a “War President”, and go on to do absolutely NOTHING about it :confused-84:
Trump wasn't immune to playing politics. Every executive in our system can't resist a power grab. Trump at least showed more restraint with COVID than many governors did.

It's never going to happen, but America needs another Calvin Coolidge as president. He knew the value of small government.
Coolidge brought us the Great Depression
Who needs big Government?

81 million votes for a senile career politician is impossible.
It’s far more possible when he’s running against someone as commonly despised as Trump.
A narrative. You are not in a majority.
I don’t think most people despise Trump but I’m quite sure most people don’t like him, at least as president.

You really think Trump supporters are a majority?
Yes. People are more in line with Trump than the shitshow going on now. No doubt about it. You have the money, Big Tech and a globalist media manufacturing your reality.

COVID wasn't a national emergency. I know the media likes to pretend it was though.
A new virus that killed half a million people seems to qualify as an emergency to me.
A little over 30,000 died from Covid alone. The survival rate is 99.7%

Stop with this alt-right bullshit. If these people didn't get the virus, they'd be alive.
Doesn't matter what they suffered as comorbidities.

Trump fucked up the response to the virus. So he lost the election.
Accept it and move on.

Half a million people over more than a year. Also, most of the deaths were not due to COVID alone -- these were people with pre-existing conditions
Half a million deaths over the course of “more than a year” due to COVID is a staggering amount.

The Constitution already mentions most of the roles of the feds. And power does the most "good" when it is decentralized.

Why I don’t want to live in your vision of America
China is a good example of what happens when you heavily centralize power. It isn't pretty.

Q: So why is China kicking our asses on everything from renewable energy to infrastructure
A: Because they think long term as opposed to knee jerk bullshit immediate gratification RW talky-talk points
China isn't kicking our ass on any of that, but they'd like you to believe that.

China is a house of cards that will eventually experience a housing crash that will make 2008 look like a used car lot bankruptcy.

Have you ALWAYS been this FOS? My guess is YES!! :lol:
Don't take my word for it.

SerpentZA is not the only guy to notice this, but he's good at summarizing the situation.

the deaths were not due to COVID alone -- these were people with pre-existing conditions.
Interesting. Say some lunatic runs over a capitol hills policeman, with high blood pressure.

Blame the pre-existing condition.
Actually, a better analogy is how people have died in car accidents and have been counted as COVID deaths because they turned out to be positive. Clearly, it wasn't COVID that actually killed them.
BS

A new virus that killed half a million people seems to qualify as an emergency to me.

Stop with this alt-right bullshit. If these people didn't get the virus, they'd be alive.

Accept it and move on.
In reality most those people would have been dead if they got the flu. They saw you losers coming. You still afraid?

No asshole - 1.9% have DIED per CDC, Johns Hopkins & every other reliable source.
We have 4% of the world’s population & 20% of the world’s DEATH.
STFU & take your lies & conspiracy theories elsewhere please!

Taking the states approach was actually the most constitutional route possible. It's a good thing that Trump didn't get more involved, because it is the responsibility of the states to handle things like this.
You have to be kidding? Once something crosses state lines it becomes a federal thing. Think when a hurricane strikes, the government sends in FEMA.
I'm not a fan of FEMA either. States should be responsible for their own disaster funding. Otherwise, you have the current situation where certain states suck up a lot of federal funds for disasters, while others foot the bill. Florida is at least semi-proactive about this, because they have their own state fund for disasters. I'm not sure if it covers their entire disaster costs, but it's a start.

Every state should be more independent about this sort of thing and various other issues.

Kindly define “National Emergency” for the class as a state issue - GO!! :icon_rolleyes:

Then why did Rump Dumpster declare a national fucking emergency, proclaim himself to be a “War President”, and go on to do absolutely NOTHING about it :confused-84:
Trump wasn't immune to playing politics. Every executive in our system can't resist a power grab. Trump at least showed more restraint with COVID than many governors did.

It's never going to happen, but America needs another Calvin Coolidge as president. He knew the value of small government.
False. Big banking did. And what did we do to "fix" it? Give money to banks. Granted, FDR didn't sell us out as bad as many other presidents have. He at least had some sense of national pride and loyalty.

No asshole - 1.9% have DIED per CDC, Johns Hopkins & every other reliable source.
Show me.

Even if Trump says so, it's not a national emergency.

These people need medication.
No, we just don't buy into the fearmongering. Taking precautions is fine. Shutdowns are not. And things like curfews are utterly pointless.

False. Big banking did. And what did we do to "fix" it? Give money to banks. Granted, FDR didn't sell us out as bad as many other presidents have. He at least had some sense of national pride and loyalty.
Big banking allowed to operate without Government regulation.
What could go wrong?

Show me.

I have many times. Please start paying the fuck attention eh?

Actually, a better analogy is how people have died in car accidents and have been counted as COVID deaths because they turned out to be positive. Clearly, it wasn't COVID that actually killed them.
Actually an interesting articles about justices of the peace in Texas undercounted COVID as cause of death when people died at home, and they never got them tested. Some didn't even visit the scene. That actually accounts for more undercounts of COVID than all the motor vehicle accident fatalities.

Apparently you definition of a leader is to follow.

I bet you let your kids have ice cream for dinner because that's what they wanted.
Hold on a moment. Are you saying governors should defy the will of their people?
Were you ever in the military? My 1st Lt never listened to what the company wanted to do.
The military is authoritarian by design, much like school.

Our government is supposedly democratic, but I can see how it came to be as authoritarian as it is now.

Big banking allowed to operate without Government regulation.
What could go wrong?

We found the answer to THAT question in 2008 huh?

Accept it and move on.
In reality most those people would have been dead if they got the flu. They saw you losers coming. You still afraid?

Been out and about since June, 2020, snowflake. Going shopping, the gym, traveling around New England, even going to the occasional restaurant even though that was never my thing.
No fear here. Just a healthy dose of caution and a respect for my fellow citizen.

Trump lost because he fucked up the response to the virus...because he was...(or was supposed to be) the President of the United States..jeez, I can barely get through that without throwing up in my mouth. :)

the deaths were not due to COVID alone -- these were people with pre-existing conditions.
Interesting. Say some lunatic runs over a capitol hills policeman, with high blood pressure.

Blame the pre-existing condition.
BS
Again, don't take my word for it.

Forum List

Back