What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Think This Woman Deserved More Than A $25,000 Settlement?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go here for the story. I am asking the question because it is actually asked in poll form underneath the write up.

God bless you and the woman always!!!

Holly

P.S. If this whole matter has only made it harder for her to score another job, then in my opinion, that amount of money does not seem like much.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure that is the whole story why she was released. It is an ADA case more than an issue with oxygen tanks.
We don’t really know how her disability affected her ability to do the job. An employer is expected to make a reasonable accommodation for a disability.
An oxygen tank may be reasonable, but I suspect there is more to the case.

$25,000 is just “shut up and leave us alone” money

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Long as she could do her job and the oxygen tank didn't get in the way, I don't see a problem.

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Go here for the story. I am asking the question because it is actually asked in poll form underneath the write up.

Holly

P.S. If this whole matter has only made it harder for her to score another job, then in my opinion, that amount of money does not seem like much.

If the events went down as put forth in that short article, then yes I do think she does as they broke the law

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the events went down as put forth in that short article, then yes I do think she does as they broke the law
I agree, but I expect there is more to the story

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Holly

temporary placement agency,

She should of got 50 grand, who knows if the company refused to send her out again.

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It depends on the job. Oxygen tanks present a risk of accidental explosion. She might do better with a concentrator.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List