Do You Think This Woman Deserved More Than A $25,000 Settlement?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story. I am asking the question because it is actually asked in poll form underneath the write up.

God bless you and the woman always!!!

Holly

P.S. If this whole matter has only made it harder for her to score another job, then in my opinion, that amount of money does not seem like much.

I’m not sure that is the whole story why she was released. It is an ADA case more than an issue with oxygen tanks.
We don’t really know how her disability affected her ability to do the job. An employer is expected to make a reasonable accommodation for a disability.
An oxygen tank may be reasonable, but I suspect there is more to the case.

$25,000 is just “shut up and leave us alone” money

Go here for the story. I am asking the question because it is actually asked in poll form underneath the write up.

Holly

P.S. If this whole matter has only made it harder for her to score another job, then in my opinion, that amount of money does not seem like much.

If the events went down as put forth in that short article, then yes I do think she does as they broke the law

Holly

temporary placement agency,

She should of got 50 grand, who knows if the company refused to send her out again.

It depends on the job. Oxygen tanks present a risk of accidental explosion. She might do better with a concentrator.

Forum List

Back