Do You Make Your Bed?

Do you make your bed?

• Total voters
This is a current debate in my family and I'm just curious what the general consensus is. I don't because I'm just going to go ahead and climb into it later on at night. XD
Yes. Just part of normal house keeping discipline, taught in childhood for an orderly clean home.

My wife does it daily to keep the dogs off the sheets & pillows.

Prior to marrying I only made my bed once a week when I wash the sheets & pillow cases or I had company. I hate those decorative pillows. Mostly I slept in my recliner.

Last edited:
I am chagrined to admit: No.

One of the compromises I've made in marriage is not making the bed. mr. boe has a weird schedule and sleeps a split shift of going to bed late, up early and then afternoon nap.

So making the bed is a bit of a why bother.

But I do change the sheets once a week.

Last edited:
Discipline trains for self discipline later and improves overall performance in all things.

I'm not saying I wasn't disciplined, I'm saying I was never forced to make my bed. Just like I was never forced to eat foods I didn't like or everything on my plate. That's just how I grew up.

This is a current debate in my family and I'm just curious what the general consensus is. I don't because I'm just going to go ahead and climb into it later on at night. XD

I make up the bed because it doesn't take an enormous amount of effort ... And I like the way the bedroom looks when the bed is made.

I'm not saying I wasn't disciplined, I'm saying I was never forced to make my bed. Just like I was never forced to eat foods I didn't like or everything on my plate. That's just how I grew up.
You confuse disciple possibly with punishment. Repetitiously teaching and enforcing standards in daily life raising kids, gives them standards and improves performance and enhances self-discipline in general. Most of the ills of society are directly linked to a lack of self-discipline taught and enforced in the home and schools during the formative years.

Forum List

Back