Do You Make Your Bed?

Do you make your bed?

• Total voters
You confuse disciple possibly with punishment. Repetitiously teaching and enforcing standards in daily life raising kids, gives them standards and improves performance and enhances self-discipline in general. Most of the ills of society are directly linked to a lack of self-discipline taught and enforced in the home and schools during the formative years.

Yeah, well today all that is taught in school is a bunch of bullshit so your argument isn't really valid.

You confuse disciple possibly with punishment. Repetitiously teaching and enforcing standards in daily life raising kids, gives them standards and improves performance and enhances self-discipline in general. Most of the ills of society are directly linked to a lack of self-discipline taught and enforced in the home and schools during the formative years.

You could also say you have better things to do than wasting your time making the bed.
I know I did before I retired. I got up at 4:30 every morning so spending time making the bed didnt work for me.

Yeah, well today all that is taught in school is a bunch of bullshit so your argument isn't really valid.
Oh. You are indeed a recent graduate. Figures.

If you mean recent as over ten years ago then yes.

Gosh, I missed those days in high school. I graduated in 1989. Of course, I went to a community college - took up Small Business Management, dropped in the second semester - due to family issues. And well, as they say: The rest is history.

(Even then, I didn't make my bed. Since I had my own apartment. And it was just me living there. So, I didn't feel the need to make it.)

She must love you.
Of course!

But this is not "me man...you woman..ugg"

There are certain standards the Little General has.

I do not meet those standards, and therefore have been forbidden from performing many tasks.

some examples;

The 'black sock incident', where one black sock was hidden in the white towels.

"Now everee ting uh Glay!"

The 'Rice cooker' incident.

"You cook like a baybee..now rice aww ovuh du countuh...wass dis oil for?..YOU PUT OIL IN DA RICE?"

I thought rice was like pasta...sue me.

Plus some of my all time favorites

"Who teach you to clean shower...a blind one?"

"You wear shoe in house again, I burn"

"When dog go out side you put poo poo sock on him"

Yes...toddler socks on the dog's feet.

I voted yes, but I will admit that I don't fix the regular sheet all that smoothly enough, but the comforter on my bed is on good enough. My comforter is actually the only thing that I have on top of me when I go to bed because I love the fabric that it is made of and so both the fitted sheet and regular sheet are underneath me when I am asleep in my double bed. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My mattress was purchased brand new almost 28 years ago in the spring of 1994. All of these years, it is still in good enough condition at least in my own opinion and so I have never had any interest in getting a new one.

I voted yes, but I will admit that I don't fix the regular sheet all that smoothly enough, but the comforter on my bed is on good enough. My comforter is actually the only thing that I have on top of me when I go to bed because I love the fabric that it is made of and so both the fitted sheet and regular sheet are underneath me when I am asleep in my double bed. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My mattress was purchased brand new almost 28 years ago in the spring of 1994. All of these years, it is still in good enough condition at least in my own opinion and so I have never had any interest in getting a new one.

Go get some high end sheets. You'll be amazed at how good they feel.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I picked up a set for Valentines years back. They were $300 bucks but well worth it.
It's weird and I dont know how it works but after a week they still felt freshly washed.

^^^ They may feel good, but that sounds like a lot of money for bed sheets. I wouldn't consider myself to be a cheapskate, but I am not going to throw money around on just anything either. The sheets that are currently on my bed came from JCPenny.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For the most part, I am a pretty low maintenance person. I don't need whatever is most top of the line, just as long as it is good enough.

^^^ They may feel good, but that sounds like a lot of money for bed sheets. I wouldn't consider myself to be a cheapskate, but I am not going to throw money around on just anything either. The sheets that are currently on my bed came from JCPenny.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For the most part, I am a pretty low maintenance person. I don't need whatever is most top of the line, just as long as it is good enough.

I know most arent willing to pay that much for sheets but they are amazing.
I figure since you spend a third of everyday in bed it's worth it.
There's really no way to describe the difference. When the Wife found out how much they were she was pissed at first but after sleeping with them for awhile she now insists on them.

This is a current debate in my family and I'm just curious what the general consensus is. I don't because I'm just going to go ahead and climb into it later on at night. XD
Yes.

And no.

I'm doing it daily and then I order a bunch of books and work a bunch of hours when they start coming in. I come home, open a package, change, make dinner and think I will stay awake to do stuff. I promptly pass out and start over the next day.

On Fridays I have no idea how this happened. Right now on my bed I have 14 books, paper to take notes with, two pens, a yellow highlighter and one of my don't wear to work hoodies.

I wash all the bedding once a week. I'm going to be fine tomorrow.

The lazy generations after they did away with the draft probably never slept in a made bed outside of a motel and didn't give a damn either way. The aging draft generation learned how to make a bed in their first day of basic training and a lot of other things. In my old age I still make up the bed if my wife gets up first. It's part of civilized living.

The lazy generations after they did away with the draft probably never slept in a made bed outside of a motel and didn't give a damn either way. The aging draft generation learned how to make a bed in their first day of basic training and a lot of other things. In my old age I still make up the bed if my wife gets up first. It's part of civilized living.
I made my bed at home growing up and in the army and stopped the day of my discharge from the army.

I made my bed at home growing up and in the army and stopped the day of my discharge from the army.
You know how but you don't give a damn. Most of the slobs that didn't have that type of education don't know how and don't give a damn either. Maybe it's part of personal pride and respect for the home you live in and society in general.

You know how but you don't give a damn. Most of the slobs that didn't have that type of education don't know how and don't give a damn either. Maybe it's part of personal pride and respect for the home you live in and society in general.
I do zip up my pants. I slao strip my bed every day but do not make it.

Forum List

Back