Do you date outside your race?

• Yes I do date outside my race

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No I do not date outside my race

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I have not but will consider this

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Yanno...................I don't really care what race the person I'm willing to spend time with is from.

I just care about if they make me laugh, do I make them laugh, and do we share a similar viewpoint?

Skin color and body features don't really matter. I care about the soul that is working via their own skin suit.

Is she black, is she Asian, is she currently going through beauty school?

Like I said, I don't care, but I do care as to whether or not they can help me grow into a better person.
date an atheist then, that will help you to grow.

I've dated atheists, and no..................they didn't help me grow into a better person.

I kind of like those women who are spiritual who pass no judgments on who I am as a person.

I've been fortunate to live with one of those types for over 9 years.

And yeah.............she believes in a higher spirit (much as I do) and we've gotten along famously for the past few years.

Incidentally, we come from different backgrounds, but there is a kind of similarity between us.
give us a clue

Sometimes in matters of societal, cultural, economics and humanity there's very few simple solutions.

In the case of inter-racial marriage, there's an exception.

The very simple answer is to mind your own frigging business about what another consenting adult chooses to do with their choice of a husband or wife...

Don't like their choice, go jump off a cliff.

Wait - some moron here is actually speaking of inter racial marriage/relationships as a 'fad'?

You cannot be serious.

I dont subscribe to talking points. I said as society becomes more accepting of interracial marriages the divorce rate will go down.

The DATA shows the exact opposite.

The inter-racial marriages which occurred before 1980 were stronger than same-race marriages. This is likely because they were so few and there was more resistance that the couples really thought long and hard about what was in store for them and worked out a whole bunch of issues BEFORE getting married, more issues than same-race couples worked out. Those couples self-selected (the one's most likely to get divorced never ended up getting married to each other) and so they had good results.

As the inter-racial marriage fad is increasing, the social cost to forming such a union is decreasing and in fact it is now actually culturally encouraged as we see with constant TV propaganda, and this results in increasing marital instability than seen in same-race marriages. People risk harm to their social reputation by speaking out against inter-racial marriage and the reap benefits by speaking out in favor, so those who would counsel against simply remain silent because it's not their life which is involved so why risk social reputational harm by counseling against the idea and this leaves only those who speak out in favor and they actually enhance their reputations by doing so and this makes them eager to be very vocal in support, again it's not their life involved so they don't really care much.

As the fad increases, the wreckage also increases because no one is speaking about the unique obstacles which present in these marriages which are not encountered in same-race marriages.

Once again, people falling in love and getting married is not a "fad," you cowardly douche. People have been getting together despite social, geographical, or legal obstacles since the dawn of time. Today these kinds of obstacles are fewer and so nature is merely taking its course. Only truly pathetic weaklings like you are frightened by this simple fact of life.

I dont subscribe to talking points. I said as society becomes more accepting of interracial marriages the divorce rate will go down.

The DATA shows the exact opposite.

The inter-racial marriages which occurred before 1980 were stronger than same-race marriages. This is likely because they were so few and there was more resistance that the couples really thought long and hard about what was in store for them and worked out a whole bunch of issues BEFORE getting married, more issues than same-race couples worked out. Those couples self-selected (the one's most likely to get divorced never ended up getting married to each other) and so they had good results.

As the inter-racial marriage fad is increasing, the social cost to forming such a union is decreasing and in fact it is now actually culturally encouraged as we see with constant TV propaganda, and this results in increasing marital instability than seen in same-race marriages. People risk harm to their social reputation by speaking out against inter-racial marriage and the reap benefits by speaking out in favor, so those who would counsel against simply remain silent because it's not their life which is involved so why risk social reputational harm by counseling against the idea and this leaves only those who speak out in favor and they actually enhance their reputations by doing so and this makes them eager to be very vocal in support, again it's not their life involved so they don't really care much.

As the fad increases, the wreckage also increases because no one is speaking about the unique obstacles which present in these marriages which are not encountered in same-race marriages.

Once again, people falling in love and getting married is not a "fad," you cowardly douche. People have been getting together despite social, geographical, or legal obstacles since the dawn of time. Today these kinds of obstacles are fewer and so nature is merely taking its course. Only truly pathetic weaklings like you are frightened by this simple fact of life.

"Once again" is apt description of your posts, especially those containing "cowardly douche." You really need to update your material.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dated outside my race a few times, but married a woman of very similar European heritage. Perfect fit.

"Once again" is apt description of your posts, especially those containing "cowardly douche." You really need to update your material.

If you agree with the cowardly douche, say so. If not, STFU.

Since I've wiped the floor with you in debates, there's no basis for your charge that I'm cowardly.

And it's Mr. Massengill to you, thank you very much.

Look, there's media message control taking place and it's shaping people's perceptions. We see it with the vast over-representation of homosexual couples on TV, we see it with the laughable attempts to show blacks as leaders and geniuses throughout all sectors of society. This is the reason why 50% of Americans believe that homosexuals represent 20% or more of the population when they only represent about 1% or so. PROPAGANDA WORKS!

Here's another example. We all know about the destruction of the black family, all of those black single mothers. What shows up on TV:

Black males were the most likely to be shown in a committed relationship (68.4 percent).​

This is message control, propaganda, meant to deceive people. It's bizarro-land stuff. Like all of the criminals on Law & Order being white when the vast majority of crime in NYC is committed by minorities.

Same thing with inter-racial relationships. Media is pushing a fad, they're purposely attempting to normalize what is a minor feature of the dating and marriage market.

Since I've wiped the floor with you in debates....

If the voices in your head are telling you that, you're either taking too many or not enough of the drugs your doctor gave you.

I haven't dated anyone in over 40 years - and I don't really plan on dating. But if I were, I think 'race' would not be a primary consideration.

Here's some data on the prevalence of inter-racial marriage:

InterracialMarriage1_zpsc6a52476.jpg

Here's some data on the horrendous divorce rates experienced in inter-racial marriages. While a same-race couple has a 64% chance of staying married for 10 years, inter-racial marriages have a 42% chance of sticking it out for 10 years. These odds are probably going to get worse as the fad of inter-racial marriage continues to grow.

InterracialMarriage2_zpsb6fce225.jpg

Those charts do not say anything about white - Oriental marriages. I know that white - Oriental marriages average higher family incomes than white - white marriages. It would not surprise me if white - Oriental marriages have lower divorce rates than white - white marriages.

The approval of inter racial marriages is increasing. So is the practice. For most Americans it is not an issue any more. While I am white, I have always preferred Oriental women.

Those charts do not say anything about white - Oriental marriages. I know that white - Oriental marriages average higher family incomes than white - white marriages. It would not surprise me if white - Oriental marriages have lower divorce rates than white - white marriages.

Here, be surprised:

Using data from the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth, the study analyzed almost 6,000 men and women between the ages of 15-44 who had ever been married, over a period of ten years. Their study found that:

• Marriages involving a black husband and white wife were twice as likely to divorce as marriages involving a white husband and white wife. When adjusted for background aspects such as age at marriage and educational level, differences between black male/white female marriages and white male/white female marriages virtually disappeared in some cases. This suggests that, contrary to prior findings, the higher rate of interracial divorce between black male/white female marriages is not due to background factors.
  • Asian male/white female marriages were 59 percent more likely to end in divorce than white male/white female marriages.
  • Marriages involving a white husband and black wife were substantially less likely to end in divorce than marriages involving a white husband and white wife; the former pairing’s divorce rate was 44 percent less than the latter.
  • Couples composed of a white husband and Asian wife were 4 percent more likely to end in divorce than marriages involving a white husband and white wife.
  • Hispanic white/non-Hispanic white and Asian/white marriages were more liable to divorce than those of in-married Hispanic whites and Asians.
  • Marriages including a black husband and white wife were more prone to divorce than those composed of black husbands and black wives. Black male/white female couples also had the highest likelihood of divorce of all white/non-white marriages.
  • While interracial marriage correlates to a higher rate of divorce, this parallel applies mainly to marriages involving a non-white male and white female.

Only one spot of good news for those looking to lower the risk of divorce - white men who marry black women have better odds of having a stable marriage. Something about that combination which lends stability not seen in white-white and other inter-racial pairings.

The approval of inter racial marriages is increasing. So is the practice. For most Americans it is not an issue any more. While I am white, I have always preferred Oriental women.

when I was single I had one Korean GF and an Indian GF.

I would never go with a black gal. Don't consider them attractive for a number of reasons.

when I was single I had one Korean GF and an Indian GF.

I would never go with a black gal. Don't consider them attractive for a number of reasons.

They wouldnt give you the time of day. Thats the primary reason. :lol:

Forum List

Back