Do You Correct Them?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
When a friend or family member sins, do you correct them or remain silent about it? I personally choose the latter because for one we're all sinners anyways, two,.. I don't want to be corrected all the time when I sin myself,.. and three,.. I chicken out. Besides one day I'm going to have to answer for my own sins. Nobody else's.

In general it’s best not to give advice that’s unsolicited.

1640056137209.png

When a friend or family member sins, do you correct them or remain silent about it? I personally choose the latter because for one we're all sinners anyways, two,.. I don't want to be corrected all the time when I sin myself,.. and three,.. I chicken out. Besides one day I'm going to have to answer for my own sins. Nobody else's.
I'll correct anybody who acts immoral if it's in any way part of my own business. As for correcting "sins," that's just politics for self-righteous assholes so no.

It's hard to remain silent when someone is being hurt/harmed. Especially kids and the elderly that can't fight back. Is it a sin to stand by and say nothing in such cases? It is to me.

Hmmm. You might want to tell that to the religious people I've talked to over the years.

There's a difference between being over religious and freaky and just having religious beliefs. Just ask my friend JohnDB. One of the reasons I love him so much is that he acts like a regular person and doesn't act all creepy where I can't have a regular conversation with him.

I belittle and berate them. I make them feel as terrible about themselves as I can. I tell them to repent on their knees or I will cast my eyes away from them for the rest of their days.

There's a difference between being over religious and freaky and just having religious beliefs. Just ask my friend JohnDB. One of the reasons I love him so much is that he acts like a regular person and doesn't act all creepy where I can't have a regular conversation with him.

For someone on the "outside", it's hard to tell the difference.

There are a few people that have surprised me though. I would have never thought of them as religious, because they don't "do church" or use it to belittle, demean, and control others.

My Aunt was one of these people. Never would have even guessed she was religious. But one day I was over her house and her and another Aunt were talking about my grannys church and she said something about her being religious. I had to sit down and talk to her about it of course.

She said "God is in my heart, not in million dollar building. And a bunch of gossiping hens aren't going to tell me what I will and will not believe in".
I loved her even more for that!!!

So yeah. I've been thrown for a loop a couple of times. But on the whole, 99.99% of the religious people I've met and talked to in my life, and have seen on TV, are absolute flagrant hypocrites. I have no use for them or anything they have to say.

I have nothing against religion itself, as an ideal. It's the fan clubs I've got problems with.
LOL

What kind of sins are you talking about the whole family knows. Someone got caught doinking someone they shouldn't have been?

I correct them not because it's a sin but because I love them.

Forum List

Back