"Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord"

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
not sure where that is in the Bible.. will go look it up in a few minutes

I'm sure it is in both Old and New T

But anyhow, do u find it difficult to give revenge completely to God with every situation that comes along in your life...? Are there some people who have pushed you to wwant to... take the Law into your own hands?

There are a lot of truly evil people in the world...

But anyhow, do u find it difficult to give revenge completely to God with every situation that comes along in your life...? Are there some people who have pushed you to wwant to... take the Law into your own hands?

A few examples.

Romans 12:19 ESV / 111 helpful votes. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the …
Hebrews 10:30 ESV / 56 helpful votes. For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will …
Deuteronomy 32:35 ESV / Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the …
Proverbs 24:29 ESV / 35 helpful votes. Do not say, “I will do to him as he has done to me; I …

There is no word in Hebrew for "vengeance".
Creation is designed to maintain an equilibrium so what one does that is out of whack creates a whiplash.

"Vengeance is mine." In the Hebrew, this word vengeance means to punish or inflict retribution. It can be used when the repayment for a harm was justified. It can also mean to repay harm with more harm where the vengeance is coming from a place of hostility.

A few examples.

Romans 12:19 ESV / 111 helpful votes. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the …
Hebrews 10:30 ESV / 56 helpful votes. For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will …
Deuteronomy 32:35 ESV / Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the …
Proverbs 24:29 ESV / 35 helpful votes. Do not say, “I will do to him as he has done to me; I …
thanks

:)

"Vengeance is mine." In the Hebrew, this word vengeance means to punish or inflict retribution. It can be used when the repayment for a harm was justified. It can also mean to repay harm with more harm where the vengeance is coming from a place of hostility.
some people "revenge" everything

I mean, I know some people who cannot tolerate one iota of criticism... gotta destroy those who don't agree w/ them...

not only immature but... so many other words come to mind... very, very anti-Christ

Really? Were none of the OT texts written in Hebrew?
Of course they were, but all you have is the pathetic King James Version loaded with an untold amount of mistranslated words.
In fact, Artscroll is still using much of the KJV mistranslations and it makes me want to vomit.
The word Kume infers "To Rise", the modified work word N'kahmah infers movement to equalize an unearned Rise.

some people "revenge" everything

I mean, I know some people who cannot tolerate one iota of criticism... gotta destroy those who don't agree w/ them...

not only immature but... so many other words come to mind... very, very anti-Christ

[video]

Of course. Vengeance is an ancient and transcultural concept.

The Hebrew noun nâqâm means vengeance.* The verb nâqam means to avenge.**

* Stong's Concordance, s.v. "nâqâm" (Strong's 5359).
** Stong's Concordance, s.v. "nâqam" (Strong's 5358).

Of course. Vengeance is an ancient and transcultural concept.

The Hebrew noun nâqâm means vengeance.* The verb nâqam means to avenge.**

* Stong's Concordance, s.v. "nâqâm" (Strong's 5359).
** Stong's Concordance, s.v. "nâqam" (Strong's 5358).

Thanks.. I knew they had a word.. " nâqam "........

Romans 12:17-21 Deuteronomy 32:35

An eye for an eye is insufficient.

At least double down!
Actually that means-justice will prevail. If a person takes your eye it is an act of evil. If you return evil for evil, you are no different. In the NT it says-Return evil for evil to no one. Vengeance is mine said the Lord. Self pride returns evil for evil. A lack of faith that the Lord will make that one pay for their wicked deed. Romans 12:17-21

The bible clearly teaches that the government has the God granted authority to execute wrath upon those who commit evil deeds. (Romans 13:1-4). The government does not "bear the sword in vain". The sword in the 1st century was a weapon of death. Even the old testament is full of references declaring the sword as a weapon of death. Example (Hosea 11:6) and (Jer.15:3) mention the sword as ".......the sword to slay........". Thus, the apostle is making it clear that the government has the authority to deal out justice, even up to an including the death penalty.

One reason that God has used governments to execute justice is for the simple reason, justice that is not served swiftly by the governing authority often leads to personal vengeance. "Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the hearts of the sons of men is full set in them to do evil." -- Eccl. 8:11. Meaning, when justice is not served speedily it gives both the evil doers and those who seek justice a feeling they have gotten away with something and its often repeated with evil for evil. There is no greater "snare" for a righteous man than to fall in the trap set by evil doers in seeking personal vengeance outside of the laws ordained by God.

Today......to get "even" with someone, the justice system is used expressly to avoid seeking personal vengeance. Even those who are never caught or convicted have one that will judge them righteously..........the words spoken by Christ Jesus (John 12:48). There is no escaping God's wrath when its warranted, you either pay in this life or at the 2nd death where the spirit is judged. (Acts 17:31), The word will be judged in righteousness.

Do not confuse "vengeance" with personal defense. All men have the God granted right of self defense for life and property. (Luke 11:21, 22:35-36).

Last edited:
I don't know.. Trump changed parties 5 times since the mid 1980s.
And this proves what in relation to you using a 30 year old photo/video and pretending it holds the same relevancy during the Trump presidency? You just contradicted your own attempt at deception. Trump has CHANGED, at least 5 times according to YOU.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back