Do You Complain About Where You Live?

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
"Living on the other side of the tracks" has traditionally been meant to imply separation between "good" and "not good" neighborhoods. In these examples, a single "not good" neighborhood is cleaved by an active railway.

I sometimes complain about parts of life where I live.

Atlanta traffic can suck. Summer in Georgia can be rough.

But I like where I live.

Quite often yes. Moreso the covert creeps in the country that interfere with our once overachieving, now waning nation. Unfortunately I'm stuck here.

I've made sure there are consequences for the sobs, that's all one can do when dealing with the immoral and cowardly.

1621804485052.png

Nope! Other people sure seem to complain about me though.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Some yes.
We will not retire here. We are only here because that is where the business is.
Otherwise we would already be gone.
Indiana has some pluses, a lot less laws than other states. Particularly small towns. If you are a citizen of that town, you will get away with a lot if what you are doing isn't hurting anyone. Cops are more a part of the community, than a possible persecutor as in large cities.
But the summers in the south half of the state are oppressive.
Someone here mentioned summers in Georgia are tough... well... right now it is 88 degrees in Savanna. Here it is also 88. But the humidity in Savanna is 37%, here it is now 43%. It is practically tropical during the summer here with unbearable humidity.

Some yes.
We will not retire here. We are only here because that is where the business is.
Indiana has some pluses, a lot less laws than other states. Particularly small towns. If you are a citizen of that town, you will get away with a lot if what you are doing isn't hurting anyone. Cops are more a part of the community, than a possible persecutor as in large cities.
Someone here mentioned summers in Georgia are tough... well... right now it is 88 degrees in Savanna. Here it is also 88. But the humidity in Savanna is 37%, here it is now 43%. It is practically tropical during the summer here with unbearable humidity.
I love it makes my marihuana grow like a weed. In SW Mizzouri we have heat and lots of humidity, the kind where you salt comes out in globs.

Some yes.
I love it makes my marihuana grow like a weed. In SW Mizzouri we have heat and lots of humidity, the kind where you salt comes out in globs.
Oh there have been pot growers here for as long as I know.
There are plenty of areas in the isolated parts of southern Indiana you don't want to go roaming around in.... like I say, the cops are a part of the community. All of it.

Some yes.
There are plenty of areas in the isolated parts of southern Indiana you don't want to go roaming around in.... like I say, the cops are a part of the community. All of it.
I have two that live right down the road about a half of a mile.

Wow, the narrow gauge on that last train was amazing, I've never seen tracks like those before. Yes, I complain about where I live, because it sucks here, but since I'm retiring in 1.5 years I will soon control my destiny about where I live. (Note to self: India is out)

I have very specific complaints that are more related to zoning/code policies, but for the most part I am perfectly content in my miserable southern existence. I have lived in DC, NYC, and a few other places, but I find that being able to have land around me, a huge crowd being 5 people in line in front of the grocery store, and a major traffic jam being 10 cars at the same intersection a higher quality life than being able to once in a blue moon visit a museum or a show. Sure a lot of my old friends are richer than I am but mostly just on paper since their debt loads are insane compared to mine. I don't have $10K a year property tax bills on my house nor do I have some insane mortgage. My house payment isn't much more than my combined internet, TV and telephones bills and it will soon be paid off completely within the first 10 years of me buying the place because when I run out of other things to spend money on, I put it on the old mortgage. Despite what blue city democrats would have you believe, I get by better on less money in nowhereville than I got by on a lot more money in those other places.

Some yes.
I have two that live right down the road about a half of a mile.
My mother grew up in Martin County. In an area, no exaggeration, where as late as the 1980s - you turned onto a gravel road, that became a dirt road, then you got out and walked.

I have never envied or pitied anyone else. We are all responsible for our own lot in life. The grass is greener bullshit is just that, bullshit.
As far as actual location goes Missouri is kinda boring compared to where I'm from but complaining solves nothing.

Forum List

Back