Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

I do for gays but not for women and children.

When it comes to women and children, I think men are duty bound to put family duty and responsibilities above themselves and thus men should not consider themselves as equal to women and children. Men should put the needs of women and children ahead of their own.

Think in terms of the good logic of the law of the sea and it being applied to land.

It is said by many that the courts favor women in most divorce cases. Given that almost 50% of all household are maned by single women, are our courts thinking more as I do and does that make them dishonest in terms of equality under the law?

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

When it comes to women and children, I think men are duty bound to put family duty and responsibilities above themselves and thus men should not consider themselves as equal to women and children. Men should put the needs of women and children ahead of their own.

Think in terms of the good logic of the law of the sea and it being applied to land.

It is said by many that the courts favor women in most divorce cases. Given that almost 50% of all household are maned by single women, are our courts thinking more as I do and does that make them dishonest in terms of equality under the law?

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
Well men are duty bound to take care of their families but what does that have to do with civil rights? Just because a man tends to the needs of his family doesn't mean that they are less than he is under the law.
As for the welfare state, that is a different matter. I do tend to agree with you that the pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way but this should not preclude civil rights.

Why are u putting women and kids in the same category?

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

What do you mean "favor women " in family court ? An example .

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

The laws in the US favor those of color.

Therefore, darky should get the job before whitey.

Well men are duty bound to take care of their families but what does that have to do with civil rights? Just because a man tends to the needs of his family doesn't mean that they are less than he is under the law.
As for the welfare state, that is a different matter. I do tend to agree with you that the pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way but this should not preclude civil rights.[/QUOTE]

I did not indicate that men who tend to the needs of their family are less than they are under the law. I think you read me wrong on this.

The law says they are equal, and I say that women and children should, if anything, be above men and not bellow them. The reverse I think of what you indicated I put.

Regards
DL

Because I agree with the law of the sea that does and think I am seeing our divorce courts do it as well when children are in play.

I have even known childless men complain about how well women are treated by the courts as compared to men.

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

What do you mean "favor women " in family court ? An example .

See above please.

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

News to me. But that seems fair, given that otherwise, whitey would not do the right thing.

Whitey does not elevate his own women and children to where they should be so is not likely going to care for non-whiteys.

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

News to me. But that seems fair, given that otherwise, whitey would not do the right thing.

Whitey does not elevate his own women and children to where they should be so is not likely going to care for non-whiteys.

Regards
DL

You have heard of Affirmative Action, right?

I think the LGTB community wants something similar for themselves.

As for the welfare state, that is a different matter. I do tend to agree with you that the pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way but this should not preclude civil rights.

I did not indicate that men who tend to the needs of their family are less than they are under the law. I think you read me wrong on this.

The law says they are equal, and I say that women and children should, if anything, be above men and not bellow them. The reverse I think of what you indicated I put.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]
But...doesn't that create the same argument in reverse? Why put any group above another in law?

Because I agree with the law of the sea that does and think I am seeing our divorce courts do it as well when children are in play.

I have even known childless men complain about how well women are treated by the courts as compared to men.

Regards
DL

How about an example?

The problem is that the kid is a person and not some property you can split n half .

If dad works all crazy hours , how can the kid be with him 1/2 time ? He's going to take him to work?

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

I do for all three as long as they are white and not gay or married.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

I think that households head by a single women should be illegal. A single mother should be required to find a male head-of-household within 6 months or the government will appoint one for her.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

Odd argument.

Men and women should be treated equally.
They should each be held responsible for their children.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

I think that households head by a single women should be illegal. A single mother should be required to find a male head-of-household within 6 months or the government will appoint one for her.

Ah the good old days.......when men could have mistresses and illegitimate children, but wives could be divorced and stripped of her kids just for a rumor......

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

You have heard of Affirmative Action, right?

I think the LGTB community wants something similar for themselves.

Yeah- as in exactly equal.

The Christian community keeps insisting though that they don't have to obey the law that everyone else is obligated to obey.

Forum List

Back