Do You Agree With Anne Coulter's Views & Beliefs On The Marijuana Issue?

Funding entitlement programs, the Keystone XL pipeline, abortion, urban sprawl, marriage equality, Middle East peace efforts, the space program, the federal budget, Obamacare, pollution remediation efforts. In short, nearly every issue in today's current events.

Historically, there was never anything like a monolithic front from either Conservatives or Liberals. The perception of such a monolithic front is perpetuated by what passes for political punditry. Both Limbaugh and Maddow would have you believe there is a uniformity of position on their political opponents end.

I don't think you have made your point. In short, they have no diversity of opinion. They read MediaMatters and repeat what it says.

I'm talking about the libs/progressives on sites like this. I am also talking about the extremists. When you start moving towards the center things begin to blur. The reasonable people and I would include you in that, are much more diverse.

It is not like everyone left of center believes the same thing.
The same might be said about the Right. Newsmax, Fox News and talk radio could be the conduit through which the rabid Right Wingers receive information. The really odd thing I see is how those with limited providers of news and commentary complain about political bias in the media. It seems as if folks are looking for affirmation as opposed to unfiltered information.

I edited my post. If interested you should read the edit. I disagree though, the right still has much more diversity.perhaps it is because of the success the left has had for so long. The right is fractured and everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else.

Lol "unfiltered information"? Are you trying to make a joke? In today's media there is no such thing.

By the way, although today I stopped on Fox, it has been a very long time since I watched Fox. Usually I watch MSNBC, so I can laugh at them. When I want somewhat reasonably unbiased news, I turn to CNN. CNN presents the most fair and balanced news if you ask me and even if they are biased, at least they report news rather than "Obama is a jerk from Kenya".

I don't think you have made your point. In short, they have no diversity of opinion. They read MediaMatters and repeat what it says.

I'm talking about the libs/progressives on sites like this. I am also talking about the extremists. When you start moving towards the center things begin to blur. The reasonable people and I would include you in that, are much more diverse.

It is not like everyone left of center believes the same thing.
The same might be said about the Right. Newsmax, Fox News and talk radio could be the conduit through which the rabid Right Wingers receive information. The really odd thing I see is how those with limited providers of news and commentary complain about political bias in the media. It seems as if folks are looking for affirmation as opposed to unfiltered information.

I edited my post. If interested you should read the edit. I disagree though, the right still has much more diversity.perhaps it is because of the success the left has had for so long. The right is fractured and everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else.

Lol "unfiltered information"? Are you trying to make a joke? In today's media there is no such thing.

By the way, although today I stopped on Fox, it has been a very long time since I watched Fox. Usually I watch MSNBC, so I can laugh at them. When I want somewhat reasonably unbiased news, I turn to CNN. CNN presents the most fair and balanced news if you ask me and even if they are biased, at least they report news rather than "Obama is a jerk from Kenya".
MSNBC is not a news outlet. They are exclusively commentary. Fox News, however, wants to maintain the veneer of real journalism, but journalism isn't supposed to be so politically slanted, is it?

Marc asked the question as if all conservatives believed the same things. I have to say that I (my opinion for what it is worth) see a lot more diversity in conservative thought than I do in progressive/liberal thought, at least lately. Progressives/liberals all seem to talk the same talk and circle the wagons around their own.

I am certain you will argue that liberals have a lot of diversity. BS. It is all the same authoritarian crap about how they know what is best for everyone and everyone had damned well better submit to their knowledge as if they have our welfare in mind rather than their own power.
Really Immie? Is that what's happening here or is it that you're projecting something into it?

You know my history well, I've made numerous threads that have been directed specifically to CON$servatives to respond to.

Can you pinpoint where I've done so in this thread sir?

Yes, I made a thread featuring a prominent self-proclaimed Conservative, but I did not direct this to conservatives. I directed it to the board in general.

Maybe it was just the way this thread went. You asked the initial question and maybe it was just the natural flow of the thread but it seemed you were trying to set a trap for conservatives as if you were expecting all of us to behave like liberals and circle the wagons around Anne. Personally, I would think that if you want to set a trap like that, it would behoove you to pick a popular pundit that most of us like, for instance, well give me a minute maybe I can think of someone or something like HuffPost or MediaMatters...

Nope, I am drawing a blank. There is no one I can come up with. Perhaps it is because I view them all as authoritarian liberals trying to force their will on the rest of us.
No trap-setting here. I simply wanted to see WHICH, if any of USMB's self-proclaimed Conservatives were going to agree w/Anne and see what arguments would be used.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the support of Anne and here F$%Kry is little to none. Well, there are a few hard RWing fundies like WhiteCastle that's spewing some form of support of Anne, but the majority of you are basically bashing her.

I hope that continues and spreads to other issues that The Coulter spews about.

With that said, perhaps its time you update your views on liberals...or something.

It has been a very long time since I have seen anything at all to indicate that I am mistaken. Perhaps you can provide an example where progressives/liberals did not walk in lock step?

Good luck, my friend.
Funding entitlement programs, the Keystone XL pipeline, abortion, urban sprawl, marriage equality, Middle East peace efforts, the space program, the federal budget, Obamacare, pollution remediation efforts. In short, nearly every issue in today's current events.

Historically, there was never anything like a monolithic front from either Conservatives or Liberals. The perception of such a monolithic front is perpetuated by what passes for political punditry. Both Limbaugh and Maddow would have you believe there is a uniformity of position on their political opponents end.

It is not like everyone left of center believes the same thing. On the conservative side you still have more diversity. You have the Religious Right, the so called Neo-cons and the Tea Party etc. on the left? You have Progressives... the most intolerant and hate-filled people on the face of the earth and that is it.
Note: MediaMatters is a website that simply features video clips and audio clips of what the Republicans say and add a headline to it.

That's it.

Not sure what your beef is w/them, they are simply presenting what was stated.

Methinks your ANGER is misdirected. [edit: not "answer"]

Last edited:

MSNBC is not a news outlet. They are exclusively commentary. Fox News, however, wants to maintain the veneer of real journalism, but journalism isn't supposed to be so politically slanted, is it?

Today or yesteryear?

I used to enjoy the news. Emphasis on used. Now most of it just makes me sick and could very well have played a part in my disdain for all things and all people political, except this site that is.

Really Immie? Is that what's happening here or is it that you're projecting something into it?

You know my history well, I've made numerous threads that have been directed specifically to CON$servatives to respond to.

Can you pinpoint where I've done so in this thread sir?

Yes, I made a thread featuring a prominent self-proclaimed Conservative, but I did not direct this to conservatives. I directed it to the board in general.

Maybe it was just the way this thread went. You asked the initial question and maybe it was just the natural flow of the thread but it seemed you were trying to set a trap for conservatives as if you were expecting all of us to behave like liberals and circle the wagons around Anne. Personally, I would think that if you want to set a trap like that, it would behoove you to pick a popular pundit that most of us like, for instance, well give me a minute maybe I can think of someone or something like HuffPost or MediaMatters...

Nope, I am drawing a blank. There is no one I can come up with. Perhaps it is because I view them all as authoritarian liberals trying to force their will on the rest of us.
No trap-setting here. I simply wanted to see WHICH, if any of USMB's self-proclaimed Conservatives were going to agree w/Anne and see what arguments would be used.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the support of Anne and here F$%Kry is little to none. Well, there are a few hard RWing fundies like WhiteCastle that's spewing some form of support of Anne, but the majority of you are basically bashing her.

I hope that continues and spreads to other issues that The Coulter spews about.

With that said, perhaps its time you update your views on liberals...or something.

It is not like everyone left of center believes the same thing. On the conservative side you still have more diversity. You have the Religious Right, the so called Neo-cons and the Tea Party etc. on the left? You have Progressives... the most intolerant and hate-filled people on the face of the earth and that is it.
Note: MediaMatters is a website that simply features video clips and audio clips of what the Republicans say and add a headline to it.

That's it.

Not sure what your beef is w/them, they are simply presenting what was stated.

Methinks your answer is misdirected.

In re your intent, then I owe you an apology.

In re MM, I have tried this three times. I am on an iPad and it keeps deleting what I type here every time in load a page to link. It is not just Republican quotes and headlines. It is piece after piece after piece claiming liberal godliness and conservative evils. An example:

Myths And Facts About DOJ Civil Rights Nominee Debo Adegbile | Research | Media Matters for America

Read the italicized opening paragraph.

Right-wing media have sunk to new lows in smears against President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division, former NAACP Legal Defense Fund (LDF) top official Debo Adegbile, a highly-qualified and widely praised civil rights litigator who was most recently senior counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

No political commentary... Right!

Last edited:
As for MediaMatters, opinion is one thing.

Lies are another.

Do they ever lie Immie?

I disagree with Coulter on this issue and many others. But I still like her. She's hilarious!

I can't imagine being interviewed by a pompous blowhard like Piers Morgan... ugh.... He's a noxious gasbag...

I disagree with Coulter on this issue and many others. But I still like her. She's hilarious!

I can't imagine being interviewed by a pompous blowhard like Piers Morgan... ugh.... He's a noxious gasbag...
I think you just mostly disagree with Piers is why you say that.

Ann Coulter is again correct. Marijuana destroys all initiative. However, I would compromise, potheads can use all the pot they want, they just have to use it under the same conditions as it was when marijuana was legal. No medical care, no welfare, no housing, no public benefits at all. No rehab, no counseling, nothing.

Or, treat it as a medical issue the way China does.

Where do you turds come up with this shit?
:cuckoo:

Proving again why narco-libertarians are really closet liberals.

Yeah, legalizing the shit will lead to more of it being consumed. Which will lead to increased health costs and issues. Anyone who denies that is a fool.

Republicans need to wise up on the pot issue.

Not only are they wrong, they're hurting the cause of freedom in this Country.

They conflate pot with other, actually very harmful, drugs and foolishly believe that pot is a 'gateway' drug.

The biggest reason pot might be a gateway drug is that the only place you can get it is from drug dealers.

Republicans are just wrong on this issue

The classicly accepted 'very harmful' drugs like heroin, cocaine, and meth are being challenged by some doctors now who suggest their relative harm may be more about the user than the chemical itself.

Many pharmaceuticals advertised on tv are more immediately harmful than illicit narcotics. If illicit drugs caused cancer and killed you instantly I dare say they wouldn't be very popular yet many of the tv drugs have these sort of side effects.

According to this chart, alcohol is far more dangerous to users and thr public than any of the banned substances:
Drugs that cause most harm: Scoring drugs | The Economist

The pattern seems to be any drug that promotes feelings of peace and happiness is banned. Ones like ecstacy and mushrooms and lsd appear at the bottom of the above list while drugs that promote violence and aggression appear at the top of the risk chart, and often aren't illegal like alcohol and nicotine.

Last edited:
Worth mentioning too that the only reason drugs are often illegal around the world isn't because they're dangerous but many countries signed a US drug policy treaty and are obliged by the treaty to make them illegal. When countries like one of the South American ones recently legalized drugs (and who signed this treaty) they caught hell from the US because of it. More countries that break with this treaty, the more research showing how safe these substances in fact are will be done so the US doesn't want that sort of information to get out. As with war, drug bans and law enforcement is a business and thus a powerful political lobbying force. Keeping drugs illegal means you can lock up more people for drug offenses which benefits the prison industry, and the more worried people become about drug crime the more money law enforcement gets from local budgets. It's all about money, and for governments it's very profitable to keep drugs illegal.

Worth mentioning too that the only reason drugs are often illegal around the world isn't because they're dangerous but many countries signed a US drug policy treaty and are obliged by the treaty to make them illegal. When countries like one of the South American ones recently legalized drugs (and who signed this treaty) they caught hell from the US because of it. More countries that break with this treaty, the more research showing how safe these substances in fact are will be done so the US doesn't want that sort of information to get out. As with war, drug bans and law enforcement is a business and thus a powerful political lobbying force. Keeping drugs illegal means you can lock up more people for drug offenses which benefits the prison industry, and the more worried people become about drug crime the more money law enforcement gets from local budgets. It's all about money, and for governments it's very profitable to keep drugs illegal.

hitnail.jpg

She has some VERY radical views on this subject.

Here's what she had to say to Piers Morgan on the matter recently...

Ann Coulter Is Against Weed Because A Pool Guy Didn't Clean Her Pool, Or Something

Do you agree w/any of them?

If so, which ones and why?

1 minute into it Marc i knew she was full of shit.....as soon as she said people dont drink to get a buzz.....as soon as she said she has never smoked it or even been around it....as soon as she said all my friends were athletes who did not smoke....ALL the Athletes i knew either smoked Pot or drank beer and they did it to get a buzz....she is full of shit...
If she lies so BLATANTLY on one topic, is it a stretch to believe she BLATANTLY lies on other topics? Perhaps even every topic?

she is a Far Right Conservative Marc....one of them...."if you dont agree with me.....fuck you"....type of person.....you know dam well she took a few hits in her College days....

She has some VERY radical views on this subject.

Here's what she had to say to Piers Morgan on the matter recently...

Ann Coulter Is Against Weed Because A Pool Guy Didn't Clean Her Pool, Or Something

Do you agree w/any of them?

If so, which ones and why?

1 minute into it Marc i knew she was full of shit.....as soon as she said people dont drink to get a buzz.....as soon as she said she has never smoked it or even been around it....as soon as she said all my friends were athletes who did not smoke....ALL the Athletes i knew either smoked Pot or drank beer and they did it to get a buzz....she is full of shit...

Coulter is an adult. There's the difference right there.

doesnt take away from the fact....she is full of shit....

Ann Coulter is again correct. Marijuana destroys all initiative. However, I would compromise, potheads can use all the pot they want, they just have to use it under the same conditions as it was when marijuana was legal. No medical care, no welfare, no housing, no public benefits at all. No rehab, no counseling, nothing.

Katz will take an extreme pot happening and tell you this happens all the time and its the way every pot smoker is....i doubt if she has ever even seen a joint....

Yeah, legalizing the shit will lead to more of it being consumed. Which will lead to increased health costs and issues. Anyone who denies that is a fool.

millions have been smoking it for years.....when you are in a crowd a fourth of the people around you are probably smokers and you dont even realize it...

This is another slippery slope, camel's nose under the tent issue.

First it's use for medical purposes, then recreational use.

Then before you know it they will be wanting to create another class with special rights against discrimination.

If this continues to pass, I say the users must be visibly identified.

We should outlaw cheeseburgers then too. people can abuse just about everything out there, fella. You just flunk at history, which has shown prohibition to be a failed idea and action.

yet you hang on to it with the death grip of a child losing their precious, yet soiled and ruined, security blanket.

We should outlaw cheeseburgers then too. people can abuse just about everything out there, fella. You just flunk at history, which has shown prohibition to be a failed idea and action.

yet you hang on to it with the death grip of a child losing their precious, yet soiled and ruined, security blanket.

The solution to one problem is not to make another worse.
This seems to be the only solutions the narco-libertarians can propose. Things to make problems worse.

Forum List

Back