Do you actually BELIEVE in and follow our constitution?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Did that look peaceful to you?
No where in there does it say you can break into ANY building. No where does it say you can break windows and destroy furniture or structures. No where in there does it say you can attempt to occupy property that does not belong to you.

Those same principles apply to ALL OF US

How was the constitution founded. I remember something about an unlawful protest.

Trees of liberty need watering.

I remember something about...

“When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.”
- Jefferson

there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No where in there does it say you can break into ANY building. No where does it say you can break windows and destroy furniture or structures. No where in there does it say you can attempt to occupy property that does not belong to you.

Did someone tell you that unruly assembly was constitutional?

• Banned

Specifically no but many on this board are justifying yesterdays riot.
People can't have it both ways.

there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

So what does that mean to you? You keep copy and pasting it.

You break a window in Baltimore and it's free speech in action. You break a window in DC and you are shot dead.
The left is notorious for that double standard. However, the right should maintain its principles.
I agree. But that doesn't mean the double standard shouldn't be addressed.

How about the double standard concerning "Just do what the police tell you and no one gets hurt"?

Lets even make this clearer. The "right" has said this when people's civil rights are being violated. This was not the case with the woman.

When the people fear the government, there is Tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is freedom. Which do you believe in?

Thomas Jefferson

So what does that mean to you? You keep copy and pasting it.

I would think it would be clear. Jefferson understood that people may have to resort to violence. It's also why the 2nd was enacted.

Specifically no but many on this board are justifying yesterdays riot.
People can't have it both ways.

The majority seem to believe the response was proportional if not too inept.

This may be the most American sight I have ever witnessed.
4dcf0790-5063-11eb-abdf-ae4832bad689

As for the constitution, instead of reading it line by line, how about reading the surrounding context? The people who wrote it would be in 100% support of the protest. They understood the dangers of cuckery.

When the people fear the government, there is Tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is freedom. Which do you believe in?
I try to live by the established laws of the land. I do not nor have I ever feared my government at any level. Even in the few circumstances where I felt wronged.

We have VERY POWERFUL tools at our disposal to make progress politically. We just choose not to properly use them.

I try to live by the established laws of the land. I do not nor have I ever feared my government at any level. Even in the few circumstances where I felt wronged.

We have VERY POWERFUL tools at our disposal to make progress politically. We just choose not to properly use them.

Problem is, those who want you and your values gone are not playing by the law of the land.

America was not founded by playing by the law of the land either.

What your message boils down to is this - it is never ok to do anything unlawful. That is an insane message. A message motivated by pure cowardice. Good luck with that when the people stating "Who said protests were supposed to be peaceful?" just stole an election.

Last edited:
You break a window in Baltimore and it's free speech in action. You break a window in DC and you are shot dead.
The left is notorious for that double standard. However, the right should maintain its principles.

How about the double standard concerning "Just do what the police tell you and no one gets hurt"?

Lets even make this clearer. The "right" has said this when people's civil rights are being violated. This was not the case with the woman.
Stop for a nanosecond and use that part of your brain that isn't saturated in partisanism. Yesterday, a group of people broke into a building because they believed that what was going on inside was wrong. They were protesting.

Compare that to people protesting by trashing a city block because they believed what was going on was wrong.

Sure, don't charge a police officer you might get shot. Agreed. But what happened to tasers and rubber bullets? An unarmed person shot dead for crawling into a window? You shoot someone who crawls into a window in your own home and you are likely to go to prision.

Think about it.

Civil rights, you say? Surely having one's vote counted is a civil right. Isn't that what the protest yesterday was about?

Stop for a nanosecond and use that part of your brain that isn't saturated in partisanism.

Bite me. I've made this argument no matter who is protesting. I completely disagree with what the people yesterday were protesting but I support their right to protest.

Yesterday, a group of people broke into a building because they believed that what was going on inside was wrong. They were protesting.

Compare that to people protesting by trashing city blocks because they believed what was going on was wrong.

Sure, don't charge a police officer you might get shot. Agreed. But what happened to tasers and rubber bullets? An unarmed person shot dead for crawling into a window? You shoot someone who crawls into a window in your own home and you are likely to go to prision.

Think about it.

Civil rights, you say? Surely having one's vote counted is a civil right. Isn't that what the protest yesterday was about?

Your vote was counted. Their votes were counted.

Stop for a nanosecond and use that part of your brain that isn't saturated in partisanism.

Bite me. I've made this argument no matter who is protesting. I completely disagree with what the people yesterday were protesting but I support their right to protest.

Yesterday, a group of people broke into a building because they believed that what was going on inside was wrong. They were protesting.

Compare that to people protesting by trashing city blocks because they believed what was going on was wrong.

Think about it.

The votes were counted. Then the fake votes were counted.

Think about it.

Duh. They didn't believe their votes were counted. Just like the people who destroyed property believed that their civil rights were at risk. That's why they were protesting.

Couldn't be nonpartisan for even a nanosecond, eh?

Forum List

Back