Do women and queers have the right to serve in the army?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
From what the media prints, it follows that the revision of gender rules in the US Army was carried out by the military department. However, according to the US constitution (Article 1 section 8), this is the responsibility of Congress.

Is revision of the gender rules legal?

Do women and queers have the right to serve in the army?​

Well, since they always have, I would assume so ...

01-alexander-the-great-113449937_2x3.jpg

07-boudica.jpg

Women do so at their own risk. They suffer from more mental problems that result from service than men, although fewer suicides. I don't know about the gays.
My brother served in the Navy for four years. When I was about to join the Army for three years he told me that it would take long after I got out to get my head straight. He was right. I think it's worse today as the difference between military and civilian life is much greater, and many are unable to adjust to either after a time.

If a female can point a rifle at an enemy and pull the trigger, she can fight in the armed forces. Just ask Israel.

If a gay man can point a rifle at an enemy and pull the trigger, guess what? Yep. Same answer. Of course he can serve.

If a female can point a rifle at an enemy and pull the trigger, she can fight in the armed forces. Just ask Israel.

If a gay man can point a rifle at an enemy and pull the trigger, guess what? Yep. Same answer. Of course he can serve.
This only applies to massive slave-style armies where the soldier does not require sufficient professional qualifications and personal iniciative

Sure. 🙄. As if Israel’s army is filled with slaves and isn’t full of trained professionals. You dope.
As far as I remember, this is an ordinary non-professional army of the Prussian type, forced conscription, they do not undergo professional training. The US Army is Nixon's army - a volunteer army of highly qualified professionals.

Women and children used to be universally off limits by armies. Making them soldiers removes that protection and any woman, military or not, becomes fair game. How do you sustain population when those who can bear children have been killed off?

A population needs people at home to support the army. The women's obvious limitations of menstrual cycles, nursing, and pregnancy make them the obvious, and correct, choice for that role.

It has nothing to do with women being inferior or incapable of fighting in combat; it is just basic common sense.

2000, 3000, years ago, women weren't weak but they were protected. There were women combatants but it was rare. Since women weren't combatants it was natural that men protected the women. Ultimately, this evolved to gallantry and manners - taking their coat, holding their chair, holding their door.

There is room for women in the armed services and it has always been so but when you think about the non-combat roles a woman can do, keep in mind that those are also the non-combatant roles for the men, too. Consider the plight of a sailor. After years of sea duty, 6 to 12 months a year underway, deployed around the globe and away from their families. Shore duty is the only relief they and their families get. After 4 to 6 years at sea, they need a shore duty billet. If all of those non-shipborn, non-combatant, roles were filled with women (and there was a time in the 70's when it was like that) then at-sea rotations have to be expended.

When ships and combat ground forces have women, you have to staff around menstrual cycles, pregnancy, etc. Fighting soldiers need to know that their team is there for them without exception.

So, yes, there's a role in the armed forces for women but it should be limited.

As for homosexuals, there are a lot of problems in dealing with such a thing on a ship or in a military unit. One thing that should never exist in a military unit is romantic or sexual relationships. They create bonds and relationships that interfere with unit cohesiveness and priorities that interfere with the unit's mission. There are logistics that have to be managed for showers, laundry, grooming, sleeping, etc. Soldiers and sailors have the right to not be exposed in a fashion that is sexualized by others in their unit. This applies to homosexuals and to mixed sexes in combat or ships.

When I was in the service, just getting caught masturbating would get you booted from the service. I think with a bad conduct even.

No, there's no room in a fighting service for homosexuals.

Women and children used to be universally off limits by armies. Making them soldiers removes that protection and any woman, military or not, becomes fair game. How do you sustain population when those who can bear children have been killed off?

A population needs people at home to support the army. The women's obvious limitations of menstrual cycles, nursing, and pregnancy make them the obvious, and correct, choice for that role.

It has nothing to do with women being inferior or incapable of fighting in combat; it is just basic common sense.

2000, 3000, years ago, women weren't weak but they were protected. There were women combatants but it was rare. Since women weren't combatants it was natural that men protected the women. Ultimately, this evolved to gallantry and manners - taking their coat, holding their chair, holding their door.

There is room for women in the armed services and it has always been so but when you think about the non-combat roles a woman can do, keep in mind that those are also the non-combatant roles for the men, too. Consider the plight of a sailor. After years of sea duty, 6 to 12 months a year underway, deployed around the globe and away from their families. Shore duty is the only relief they and their families get. After 4 to 6 years at sea, they need a shore duty billet. If all of those non-shipborn, non-combatant, roles were filled with women (and there was a time in the 70's when it was like that) then at-sea rotations have to be expended.

When ships and combat ground forces have women, you have to staff around menstrual cycles, pregnancy, etc. Fighting soldiers need to know that their team is there for them without exception.

So, yes, there's a role in the armed forces for women but it should be limited.

As for homosexuals, there are a lot of problems in dealing with such a thing on a ship or in a military unit. One thing that should never exist in a military unit is romantic or sexual relationships. They create bonds and relationships that interfere with unit cohesiveness and priorities that interfere with the unit's mission. There are logistics that have to be managed for showers, laundry, grooming, sleeping, etc. Soldiers and sailors have the right to not be exposed in a fashion that is sexualized by others in their unit. This applies to homosexuals and to mixed sexes in combat or ships.

When I was in the service, just getting caught masturbating would get you booted from the service. I think with a bad conduct even.

No, there's no room in a fighting service for homosexuals.

Makes sense to me. I'd hate to be injured in battle and only one to carry me to safety was a woman. May be a problem too with a woman on her period in a foxhole. Or bunking or showering next to a homosexual.

Forum List

Back