Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Islam is not exceptional in producing copious examples
In the context of all of history? Correct.

In the context of current events? It absolutely is exceptional and unique.

Let's not lose sight of that distinction.
In current events, an overwhelming percentage of 'terrorism' appears to be carried out by people who identify with Islam. At the same time, they are a minute percentage of the Islamic population (obviously). Let's not be distracted from that.
The way people live their faiths and religions often has similarities. One is that the vast majority live without much constraint from the strictest application of their sect. In fact, they usually don't really know much about it. Fortunately, Moslems seem no better than the others. By being just as confused and just as excitable as the other belief systems, they are equally malleable and ripe for manipulation. They are all under a spell that renders them liable to leading and misleading.
Beware the situation and/or leader who fully capitalizes on that across faiths, combining or dividing them for a likely unpleasant purpose..

At the same time, they are a minute percentage of the Islamic population (obviously). Let's not be distracted from that.
I'm not the one talking about Muslims. I want to talk about the motherlode of awful ideas that is Islam. And that is pretty hard to do, with a million flailing liberals making themselves human shields, protecting a set of terrible ideas.

Islam needs Reformation. And we can start by admitting that this "tiny percentage " of which you speak is utter nonsense and a distraction, and that, in muslim countries, vast majorities of people believe islamic ideas that are plain fucking evil.

Those are facts.

So I don't want to hear this bullshit about "tiny percentages". This equivocating bullshit doesn't soothe women being eaten to death in public, now does it? By the "only a small percentage" logic...nothing to see here only a few people ACTUALLY laid hands on her, right?

Nonsense.

That is a fact .And anyone who cannot face this fact and take it on has NO place in this discussion and needs to get out of the way.

At the same time, they are a minute percentage of the Islamic population (obviously). Let's not be distracted from that.
I'm not the one talking about Muslims. I want to talk about the motherlode of awful ideas that is Islam. And that is pretty hard to do, with a million flailing liberals making themselves human shields, protecting a set of terrible ideas.

Islam needs Reformation. And we can start by admitting that this "tiny percentage " of which you speak is utter nonsense and a distraction, and that, in muslim countries, vast majorities of people believe islamic ideas that are plain fucking evil.

Those are facts.

So I don't want to hear this bullshit about "tiny percentages". This equivocating bullshit doesn't soothe women being eaten to death in public, now does it? By the "only a small percentage" logic...nothing to see here only a few people ACTUALLY laid hands on her, right?

Nonsense.

That is a fact .And anyone who cannot face this fact and take it on has NO place in this discussion and needs to get out of the way.
Reform Islam? That idea is totally off the rails. It most certainly is not going to get done from the exterior, by any poster here nor anyone else. Religions are rarely even entirely extirpated by force. Look at how Judaism and early Christianity survived great oppression.
Besides that, to understand Islam is to understand that reform is antithetical to its basis in the Koran.
To resist Islam, as with any other religion or ideology, is not to harden it by attack, but to subvert it by more attractive ideas. The Soviet Union was not defeated by force of arms, but by force of charm. Young people were not dreaming of life in Russia. They were all fascinated with the west.
Drawing the members of Islam to a more satisfying belief might work. Trying to 'reform' will get nowhere.
Picking a small part of the cited post in order to twist the entirety is a poor tactic. The petulant declaration of excluding anyone with a different view is ineffective, though all too common here. In any case, pointing out the fact that some thousands of radicals out of over a billion 'Moslems' is a tiny minority does not constitute a defense of Islam.

I'm from & still in a supposedly liberally Shariah compliant country in Asia. Even here anyone who makes open refutation of Islam will be arrested & any Muslim who openly show any hint of disbelief will be put through a "rehabilitation" course/center (1st step). You liberals don't understand & even won't when it hits home. I guess US is going the dhimmi Europe/Canada way soon.

No Muslims don’t need anymore apologies. Muslims can’t even agree on what day to start Ramadan and Eid. They need to fix issues internally first before expecting respect from others.

But I find it laughable how people can sit up and talk shit about Islam when a lot of the stuff in the Quran is in the New Testament and Old Testament. You make light of Islam but you’re still believing the BS in the Bible and Torah.

We got government officials quoting the Bible. But all hell would break loose if a Muslim quoted a verse from the Quran to justify a policy.

We’ve all been brainwashed to believe in a sky daddy and a mythological book.

I think a lot of the Muslim hatred for America or non-muslims is based upon their belief system. They are extremely conservative, way more so than the MOST conservative person in America. They see our lifestyles as being "poison" to their future generations who are young and impressionable and think our more free and liberated lifestyles as being "cool." That is probably one major reason why they hate us and our ways.

I see what they do as more poisonous to children than what we do.

One of many such links.

UNRWA: Teaching Palestinian Children to Hate | Clarion Project

Regards
DL

A little hard to teach love when they are living under apartheid.

Teaching kids hate is always wrong, but Palestinians know nothing but hate thanks to their oppressors. They learned from the best.

No Muslims don’t need anymore apologies. Muslims can’t even agree on what day to start Ramadan and Eid. They need to fix issues internally first before expecting respect from others.

But I find it laughable how people can sit up and talk shit about Islam when a lot of the stuff in the Quran is in the New Testament and Old Testament. You make light of Islam but you’re still believing the BS in the Bible and Torah.

We got government officials quoting the Bible. But all hell would break loose if a Muslim quoted a verse from the Quran to justify a policy.

lol rubbish. a lot of stuff in the Koran is plagiarized from the OT and NT, and then distorted into absurdities. There is nothing in common with the mindlessly idiotic Koran. that's the problem with deviants, they like to pretend their 'problems' are all caused by da evul Xians, when in fact it was the pagans who did their best to wipe the deviants off the earth, not xians.

lol rubbish. a lot of stuff in the Koran is plagiarized from the OT and NT, and then distorted into absurdities. There is nothing in common with the mindlessly idiotic Koran. that's the problem with deviants, they like to pretend their 'problems' are all caused by da evul Xians, when in fact it was the pagans who did their best to wipe the deviants off the earth, not xians.

You’re just as brainwashed as Muslims are.

You just admitted the Quran is plagiarized from the old and New Testament and then in the same breath you’re saying it has nothing in common. Which is it?

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all horrible religions. The books were written and inspired by man and the portrays God as petty and cruel.

If god were so merciful he wouldn’t have created hell. He would make all of mankind believers . Why are some chosen and others not?

Pagans have killed, Jewish people have killed.

But no one kills like Christians and Muslims have.

Christianity and Islam are the two largest religions in the world because they’ve killed and conquered the most lands and people. They are the two most ruthless religious groups in the world. They’ve been able to infect the planet with their fairy tales and nonsense.

So you are mistaken to think Christians have nothing in common with Muslims.

Last edited:
Do we owe Muslims another apology?

This link says yes.

http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz-on-islamic-reform

This link says no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM

To those who think we should try to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJCC2XXMBo

I do not think it is to the non-Muslim world to apologise to Muslims for the criticism we do of their un-civilized ideology.

Should we stop judging and criticizing those institutions of religion that are leading us away from a more civilized state?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Have you tested the ideology of Islam? Is it good to you?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Is correcting and criticizing Islam the loving or the hateful thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards

DL
/———/ Dear Muslims, I’m sorry some of your people perverted your religion to slaughter those who are not exactly like you. I’m sorry you chose to live in the 7th Century and deny others basic human rights. Please accept my apology. Love and kisses, Cellblock2429

1.8 Billion Muslims recite the following during their prayers, 5 times a day.

(Quran 1:1-7)
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
Guide us to the Straight Way
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (the Jews), nor of those who went astray (the Christians)

They can't even pray without dissing the kafirs/non Muslims!!!
Can we get an apology after every prayer?

Imagine now there is another "holy" prayer with the similar content but with Jews & Christians swapped with Muslims!!
Islamophobia anyone??
/——/ I’m Catholic and have never recited or even heard that Christian prayer you posted. Sounds like something you just made up.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all horrible religions. The books were written and inspired by man and the portrays God as petty and cruel.

If god were so merciful he wouldn’t have created hell. He would make all of mankind believers . Why are some chosen and others not?

MjAxMi0yYTQ3NDE5MjAwYzVmNTEw.png

~S~

Picking a small part of the cited post in order to twist the entirety is a poor tactic. The petulant declaration of excluding anyone with a different view is ineffective, though all too common here. In any case, pointing out the fact that some thousands of radicals out of over a billion 'Moslems' is a tiny minority does not constitute a defense of Islam.

More it constitutes the demonization of them all 4eyeM....

israel-rules-america1.jpg

Who said God did or does? Maybe your error is based upon a bias to see things a certain way to validate your beliefs.

Who said God did or does? Maybe your error is based upon a bias to see things a certain way to validate your beliefs.
Then why does god create deformed babies?

How many times do I need to answer the same question?

Try once, this time. :lol:
Tell me what I have already told you a dozen times.

Go ahead and remind me, I bet you $10 that it's something irrelevant to the subject.

Go ahead and remind me, I bet you $10 that it's something irrelevant to the subject.
If I have to remind you after telling you a dozen times then what is the point of telling you again?

If I have to remind you after telling you a dozen times then what is the point of telling you again?
Here comes the tap dancing! :lol:

Forum List

Back