Do we need military bases in foreign countrie?

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
Lets talk about this. Why do we have military bases in foreign countries? What national interest are they protecting? Should the host country pay for the base? Should we close them unless the host country pays?

Why is it our role to protect South Korea and Japan from China?

Why is it our role to protect Germany from Russia?

Why does Russia need a military base in Nicaragua or Venezuela or Cuba?

Lets talk about this. Why do we have military bases in foreign countries? What national interest are they protecting? Should the host country pay for the base? Should we close them unless the host country pays?

I do not. International bankers do: they need to ensure that no nation is left on earth that is independent of bankers charging interest on their money and thriving.

I do not. International bankers do: they need to ensure that no nation is left on earth that is independent of bankers charging interest on their money and thriving.

and military bases help bankers how?

Bu keeping lots of money flowing to the military-industrial complex.

I think he may be onto something.

The EU put a hand picked EU banker in Ukraine as the interim president. Does that ring any bells?

projection of power, same reason we have them in Germany.

Which helps to keep the other power want to be' s in check. The more territory they overtake, the harder it is to keep them from our doorstep. If anyone thinks there are not those that would give anything to encroach on our form of freedom, then they need to take their blinders off. History tends to repeat itself. Even the UN would love to see us destroyed as we were founded even though it is our freedom that has allowed them to exist on our homeland.

double edged sword----the military industrial complex creates millions of good paying american blue collar and white collar jobs. It puts billions in the US treasury through tax collection.

Do we put all those people on unemployment?

Which helps to keep the other power want to be' s in check. The more territory they overtake, the harder it is to keep them from our doorstep. If anyone thinks there are not those that would give anything to encroach on our form of freedom, then they need to take their blinders off. History tends to repeat itself. Even the UN would love to see us destroyed as we were founded even though it is our freedom that has allowed them to exist on our homeland.

with modern weapon systems I think we can protect our territory without foreign bases. submarines and airplanes can project awesome american power anywhere in the world in a very short time----------except Benghazi of course.

double edged sword----the military industrial complex creates millions of good paying american blue collar and white collar jobs. It puts billions in the US treasury through tax collection.

So, you believe the wealth transfer required for military largesse to be a twisted form of Keynesian economic stimulus?

Interesting.

You seem to have answered the OP.......almost.

Why does the USA need to "project power?"

One could assume that it is because our "vital interests" lay outside the USA, in Germany and Japan, or wherever, and have done so for the past 65 years; however, I would argue that MANY other countries have the same or greater interests within the USA, and manage quite well without military bases within our country. Of course, the difference is they have not had any choice, but the RESULT is the same.

The other major difference is that they "Trust" the USA to protect their interests. Why? because we have overseas bases.

So, you believe the wealth transfer required for military largesse to be a twisted form of Keynesian economic stimulus?

Interesting.

Taken to its logical conclusion, then shouldn't everyone work for the government?

I guess then we'd end up with the same prosperous economy as the Soviet Union.....

:eusa_shifty:

Ooops.

Forum List

Back