Do Republicans need a Plan B for Obamacare?

Want me to explain how that "We the People" stuff works?

Is that when voters overwhelmingly pass a measure recognizing marriage as between a man and a woman and some judge tells them they're wrong?

Yes it is..
It is one of the strongest elements of our Constitution

Checks and Balances

Thanks for bringing it up
So it's the will of the people except when it offends some minority.
Got it.

Is that when voters overwhelmingly pass a measure recognizing marriage as between a man and a woman and some judge tells them they're wrong?

Yes it is..

Checks and Balances

Got it.

Will of the people only matters when it is in their favor (I.E. Obamacare not being the will of the people but they will force it anyway)
Constitutionality only matters when it is in their favor
Making something easy to ram thru government only matters when it is in their favor
The ability to filibuster only matters when it is in their favor

Notice a pattern??

What if ObamaCare works?

That's their fear. I described it several times as seeing sausage being made vs the taste of sausage.

Once ACA starts working and people stop being raped by their Insurance policies or it goes straight single payer people will like it. So repubs have to describe every part of making the sausage as being the next terrible thing. OMG someone got dropped! OMG the website! OMG! OMG!

Starting Jan 1, come hell or highwater, millions of Americans will have Obamacare insurance

Republicans are banking their 2014 election chances on repealing Obamacare. What are they going to offer the millions of Americans who lose their coverage?

Moronic rightist dogma about getting a better job so they can afford health insurance.

You claimed that We The People voted in Obama so Obama is the man.

When I asked about the dems getting their asses kicked out of congress (and becoming the minority party) in 2010....well, you kind shut up.

I wish you'd do that more.

If you want to give us your take on the We The People...please. But in your case, it would be "We the morons....".

Does the GOP echo chamber really tell you that the Democrats are the minority party?

No, the map of the U.S. house does. And it's about to get worse for you.

So, how about that explanation as to how We The People kicked your asses out ?

What if ObamaCare works?

That's their fear. I described it several times as seeing sausage being made vs the taste of sausage.

Once ACA starts working and people stop being raped by their Insurance policies or it goes straight single payer people will like it. So repubs have to describe every part of making the sausage as being the next terrible thing. OMG someone got dropped! OMG the website! OMG! OMG!

Starting Jan 1, come hell or highwater, millions of Americans will have Obamacare insurance

Republicans are banking their 2014 election chances on repealing Obamacare. What are they going to offer the millions of Americans who lose their coverage?

Moronic rightist dogma about getting a better job so they can afford health insurance.
A real chance at reform, not the statist fascist crap being shoved down our throats now.

Yes it is..

Checks and Balances

Just like a lefty....

Chose what is convenient.

So We The People don't always prevail.....

Got it.

Yes, well....

You might try comprehending it the next time you "read" it.

That's what we call "We The Elite....".

A judge does not say they are wrong...he says it's not constitutional.

Of course, in this case, there is nothing in the constitution so they just make stuff up.

You claimed that We The People voted in Obama so Obama is the man.

When I asked about the dems getting their asses kicked out of congress (and becoming the minority party) in 2010....well, you kind shut up.

I wish you'd do that more.

If you want to give us your take on the We The People...please. But in your case, it would be "We the morons....".

Does the GOP echo chamber really tell you that the Democrats are the minority party?

Republicans have a gerrymandered map. A million more of We the People voted for Democratic Congressmen than Republican

Democrats hold the Senate and White House

Last edited:

Yes it is..

Checks and Balances

Just like a lefty....

Chose what is convenient.

So We The People don't always prevail.....

Got it.

No they don't always prevail....that is why we have courts

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper"

Republicans have a gerrymandered map. A million more of We the People voted for Democratic Congressmen than Republican

Hey asswipe.

In 2006 and 2008, whoever or whatever voted in a bunch of democrats. I really does not matter what the absolute proportions are. (Your 1 million number is meaningless...in some places where the R had no opponent...people didn't bother to vote....).

But in 2010, whether they be democrat or republican or whatever, a bunch of them chose to vote for an R thus kicking you back into being the minority party in the house.

Now, what does that tell you.

Hey asswipe.

In 2006 and 2008, whoever or whatever voted in a bunch of democrats. I really does not matter what the absolute proportions are. (Your 1 million number is meaningless...in some places where the R had no opponent...people didn't bother to vote....).

But in 2010, whether they be democrat or republican or whatever, a bunch of them chose to vote for an R thus kicking you back into being the minority party in the house.

Now, what does that tell you.

It tells me you are partisan moron

The American people say it is their job

Then the American people need to change the constitution, because that is the document that defines their power and what is legal........not what the people say. This isn't American Idol.

It is up to the Supreme Court to interpret the Constitution........not Internet posters

Well no. It is up to the SCOTUS to determine if laws passed by congress are constitutional when said law is challenged in a court of law and works it's way thru the system. Changing the constitution takes an amendment created by congress and who represent the people and ratified by the states. There is a process. You should have paid attention in your 8th grade civics class.

Yes it is..

Checks and Balances

Got it.

Will of the people only matters when it is in their favor (I.E. Obamacare not being the will of the people but they will force it anyway)
Making something easy to ram thru government only matters when it is in their favor

Notice a pattern??

Yeah, rightwinger and his leftwing cohorts tend to ignore the cold hard fact that at no point in time has Obamacare ever held the approval of a majority of "we the people". The will of the people was against Obamacare. The liberals in DC decided they knew what was best, changed the rules and passed it on a simple majority vote to force it on "we the people". Then they screwed the pooch on the rollout. They will pay for their overreach in 2014 and quite possibly 2016.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Unlike conservatives, I have read more of it than the second amendment

More....is doubtful. Most liberals stop at the general welfare clause and go get in the free Obama phone line.

LOL....only conservatives think the General Welfare clause relates to food stamps and obamaphones

Well no. no they don't. But liberals think it means carte blanche to justify any entitlement program they want. It's like fairy dust to them. Just read all the liberal arguments at USMB alone invoking the clause. You know this is true.

Then the American people need to change the constitution, because that is the document that defines their power and what is legal........not what the people say. This isn't American Idol.

It is up to the Supreme Court to interpret the Constitution........not Internet posters

Well no. It is up to the SCOTUS to determine if laws passed by congress are constitutional when said law is challenged in a court of law and works it's way thru the system. Changing the constitution takes an amendment created by congress and who represent the people and ratified by the states. There is a process. You should have paid attention in your 8th grade civics class.

I think many of our modern day liberal/progressive/leftist/statist/political class friends must have slept through that 8th grade civics class. Or they were taught civics by liberal/progressive/leftist/statist/political class teachers who slept through THEIR 8th grade civics classes.

The big government/big sugar daddy/cradle to grave security group defend pretty much what government does so long as it involves liberal/progressive/leftist/statist/political class concepts that force one part of society to support the other.

Liberty loving people however, know there is as much danger from tyranny of the courts as there is danger from tyranny from the government. When we give the courts the authority to determine what will be right and wrong, good and evil, justice and injustice, we become every bit as powerless as when we give the President and Congress such power.

That is why the Republican's Plan B for healthcare should be and mostly is removing the power to dictate healthcare from the government and courts and returning it to the private sector where people can again get healthcare instead of what the government dictates that it shall have.

"the /big sugar daddy/cradle to grave security group"= whay Big Business has in today's Repub party Foxy. We "get it", you disapprove of social welfare but approve of :up: corporate welfare which amounts to much, MUCH more. Take your partisan blinders off. :(

Last edited:
Got it.

Notice a pattern??

Yeah, rightwinger and his leftwing cohorts tend to ignore the cold hard fact that at no point in time has Obamacare ever held the approval of a majority of "we the people". The will of the people was against Obamacare. The liberals in DC decided they knew what was best, changed the rules and passed it on a simple majority vote to force it on "we the people". Then they screwed the pooch on the rollout. They will pay for their overreach in 2014 and quite possibly 2016.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

We the People express our views through the vote....Our Constitution never recognized polls

Thankfully so

More....is doubtful. Most liberals stop at the general welfare clause and go get in the free Obama phone line.

LOL....only conservatives think the General Welfare clause relates to food stamps and obamaphones

Well no. no they don't. But liberals think it means carte blanche to justify any entitlement program they want. It's like fairy dust to them. Just read all the liberal arguments at USMB alone invoking the clause. You know this is true.

No I don't

What I see is conservatives defining the General Welfare clause as some kind of Welfare program....just like you just did

Forum List

Back