Do Only 6% Understand Science?

I was going to make a comment about secondhand smoke causing asthma attacks but then I realized we were talking about outdoor bans here.

Not sure what they hope to accomplish, considering tobacco smoke in open air will end up so diffused it won't matter to anyone but the person smoking it anyway.

Though I don't understand what this has to do with "6% understanding science" or "Conservatives understand science better than Liberals".

I was going to make a comment about secondhand smoke causing asthma attacks but then I realized we were talking about outdoor bans here.

Not sure what they hope to accomplish, considering tobacco smoke in open air will end up so diffused it won't matter to anyone but the person smoking it anyway.

Though I don't understand what this has to do with "6% understanding science" or "Conservatives understand science better than Liberals".

It was kind of an inside joke here on the board...sorry....we have a member who regularly posts that only 6% of scientists are Republican.....

...and claims that the Right is anti-science and hates education.

I don't understand either. But I see many people in city parks breaking the rules on smoking at the park, there are also those that drink booze also. I don't care myself.
One thing I do dislike is the PC and thousands of laws passed since the 1980's.

This year has 40,000 new laws;

Some 40,000 measures taking effect range from sweeping, national mandates under Obamacare to marijuana legalization in Colorado, drone prohibition in Illinois and transgender protections in California.
Although many new laws are controversial, they made it through legislatures, public referendum or city councils and represent the shifting composition of American beliefs.
New Year, new laws: Obamacare, pot, guns and drones - CNN.com

I hate the thought of ever moving back to the city and rejoining civilization. I like nature and her laws much better. Although since Colorado legalized weed. I do want to move there and live in the Rocky Mtns.

Last edited:

I don't understand either. But I see many people in city parks breaking the rules on smoking at the park, there are also those that drink booze also. I don't care myself.

Some 40,000 measures taking effect range from sweeping, national mandates under Obamacare to marijuana legalization in Colorado, drone prohibition in Illinois and transgender protections in California.
Although many new laws are controversial, they made it through legislatures, public referendum or city councils and represent the shifting composition of American beliefs.

I hate the thought of ever moving back to the city and rejoining civilization. I like nature and her laws much better. Although since Colorado legalized weed. I do want to move there and live in the Rocky Mtns.

"One thing I do dislike is the PC and thousands of laws passed since the 1980's."

You DO realize that you are beginning to sound more like a conservative!!!!!!!

Better have a drink...and lie down for a bit.....

Chasing smokers out of polite society was one of the biggest accomplishments of our society

We are all better off for it....especially smokers

And here we have the arrogance of lefties out in the open - they know what's better for you than you even do.

This is disgusting.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Yes we do..

Smoking is down from 50% to 20%.......Not allowing them to smoke in public played a big part

Guess what? smoking is not cool anymore

Conservatives hate science and want to kill and defund it.

They think we shouldn't understand biology as that stands in the way of their god.
They think we shouldn't discover extrasolar planets as they simply believe that humanity should be a caged animal for their corporations.
They think we shouldn't go to the moon or mars. They're the losers of humanity that would of likely stayed in Africa or Europe.

These people suck.

And these people chear as we CUT cancer research and the next generation of meteorological satellites funding.

How is this not anti-science? Even worse is the fact that this could very well save peoples lives and strengthen our satellite network...In which case without it we'd lose some of our ability to warn people.

Chasing smokers out of polite society was one of the biggest accomplishments of our society

And here we have the arrogance of lefties out in the open - they know what's better for you than you even do.

This is disgusting.

This non-issue has nothing to do with ‘lefties’ (whatever that’s supposed to be) and everything to do with the fact that there’s no Constitutional ‘right’ to smoke, and consequently local jurisdictions are at liberty to place any restrictions on smoking they wish, in accordance with the majority who live in that jurisdiction.

Again, this is yet another non-issue the right has failed to contrive into a ‘controversy.’

And yet again: there is no Constitutional ‘right’ to smoke; local jurisdictions are at liberty to ban outside smoking for no other reason or reasons than it’s perceived to be a detriment to the aesthetics of the community and a source of additional litter and waste.

The Constitution does, however, allow local governments to govern, and that sometimes includes banning certain activities at the behest of the majority, provided they do so in accordance with Constitutional jurisprudence, absent violating the civil liberties of citizens.

They think we shouldn't understand biology as that stands in the way of their god.
They think we shouldn't discover extrasolar planets as they simply believe that humanity should be a caged animal for their corporations.
They think we shouldn't go to the moon or mars. They're the losers of humanity that would of likely stayed in Africa or Europe.

These people suck.

They think you're a moron....and they're right.

This is disgusting.

This non-issue has nothing to do with ‘lefties’ (whatever that’s supposed to be) and everything to do with the fact that there’s no Constitutional ‘right’ to smoke, and consequently local jurisdictions are at liberty to place any restrictions on smoking they wish, in accordance with the majority who live in that jurisdiction.

Again, this is yet another non-issue the right has failed to contrive into a ‘controversy.’

"This non-issue has nothing to do with ‘lefties’ (whatever that’s supposed to be)..."

Your inability to recognize the imposition by Leftists is akin to the failure of those with severe body odor to realize its existence.

No one said it was unconstitutional, merely that it represents the kind of bullying that the Left is famous for.

And, a hallmark of the Leftist acolytes, that would be you, C_Chamber_Pot, is bowing to any authority, as you do in the post.

"One thing I do dislike is the PC and thousands of laws passed since the 1980's."

You DO realize that you are beginning to sound more like a conservative!!!!!!!

Better have a drink...and lie down for a bit.....

I've said it before I am a democratic-republican.

These people suck.

They think you're a moron....and they're right.

Looks like your secret poster appeared.

This is disgusting.

Yes we do..

Smoking is down from 50% to 20%.......Not allowing them to smoke in public played a big part

What really sucked was cig butt policing in the military to kill time while waiting to go some where.

This is disgusting.

"This non-issue has nothing to do with ‘lefties’ (whatever that’s supposed to be)..."

Your inability to recognize the imposition by Leftists is akin to the failure of those with severe body odor to realize its existence.

No one said it was unconstitutional, merely that it represents the kind of bullying that the Left is famous for.

And, a hallmark of the Leftist acolytes, that would be you, C_Chamber_Pot, is bowing to any authority, as you do in the post.

You can call it bullying
Or we can call it standing up for the rights of non-smokers

Is it being a bully for insisting that smokers can't force their filth on other people?

This is disgusting.

Yes we do..

What really sucked was cig butt policing in the military to kill time while waiting to go some where.

Showing what pigs smokers are

Finish your smoke and throw it on the ground......who gives a shit? Someone will pick it up

Possibly 2-5 hundred billion extrasolar planets. Conservative; Oh'who cares!
Billions of possible earth like planets. Conservative; well, we don't have the ability to get to them. Who cares...
Finding asteroids = cut
Learning to stop them = cut

= within the conservative loser mind CUT!!! CUT!!! KILL!!!

Possible cures for diseases and cancer = cut!!!!

Just keeping our satellites up = cut
Making them better = CUT, now!
More funding for improved models = cut
NWS= Cut
Recon = CUT
Future drone recon = oh we can't have that. CUT!
Teaching real biology outside of a thousand year book= cut and outlaw

Yeah, you people are real pro-science. You're what is holding this country back.

Last edited:
We just got tired of dealing with the tolerance of smokers for over 100 years

Kicked them to the curb

You kicked them to the curb of polite society, right? The irony, it is absolutely delicious. Do you see it?

:lmao:

My favorite is the macho, "man of the house" smoker

Not even allowed to smoke in his own house

That's my Mom and stepdad. :) Mom quit way back but for reasons passing understanding married a chain smoker. She exiled him to the garage (and me and my brother who both smoke.) In Winter it sucks a lot because her garage isn't much above outside temps. :)

Forum List

Back