Do Only 6% Understand Science?

As a life-long smoker myself (pipe last few years having quit ciggies,) while I don't like smoking restrictions, I'm sympathetic to non-smoker's rights not to have to smell or breathe in second-hand smoke. While I'm not familar with the science of second-hand smoke, for me it's moot. It's a matter of politeness and consideration for those around me, especially when kids are about. I vividly recall how I often felt being around my Mom and Dad both smokers and it wasn't pleasant. So if a park or other locale wants to forbid smoking, long as there's somewhere I can go I'm ok with it.

At the same time, I'm not allowed to ask the stupid people to shut the fuck up and stop wasting air. It would be polite if they would refrain from asking dumb questions, saying stupid shit or acting out like dullards. Yet, i'm forced to endure them or lock myself in at home.

Crazy world, right?

Oh....wonderful.....you probably just gave the Liberals another idea....

...to ban or tax "asking dumb questions, saying stupid shit or acting out like dullards"....

...or both.

Cause we all know that conservatives do not do either. Rogers, Ark. Highest cost of living and taxed area of all Arkansas.

At the same time, I'm not allowed to ask the stupid people to shut the fuck up and stop wasting air. It would be polite if they would refrain from asking dumb questions, saying stupid shit or acting out like dullards. Yet, i'm forced to endure them or lock myself in at home.

Crazy world, right?

...to ban or tax "asking dumb questions, saying stupid shit or acting out like dullards"....

...or both.

Cause we all know that conservatives do not do either. Rogers, Ark. Highest cost of living and taxed area of all Arkansas.

Jeeezzzz....you are sooooo allergic to the truth!!!

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”― George Orwell

Chasing smokers out of polite society was one of the biggest accomplishments of our society

We are all better off for it....especially smokers

As a life-long smoker myself (pipe last few years having quit ciggies,) while I don't like smoking restrictions, I'm sympathetic to non-smoker's rights not to have to smell or breathe in second-hand smoke. While I'm not familar with the science of second-hand smoke, for me it's moot. It's a matter of politeness and consideration for those around me, especially when kids are about. I vividly recall how I often felt being around my Mom and Dad both smokers and it wasn't pleasant. So if a park or other locale wants to forbid smoking, long as there's somewhere I can go I'm ok with it.

Crazy world, right?

...or both.

Why would they tax themselves into oblivion? The only way that works is if LOLberals get to decide what questions are considered dumb, etc...in which case, they are already essentially doing it. Just not under the same guise.

Chasing smokers out of polite society was one of the biggest accomplishments of our society

The irony of "chasing people out of polite society" is about as rich as it gets. It's absolutely delicious.

While we're talking about smoke, lets see where our politicians heads are really at. recently Bloomberg banned e cigarettes in NY. but what was his motivation? not because he was worried about your health as he claimed. but because e cigarettes were becoming hugely popular. smokers could enjoy smoking in public places again with out impacting those around them. but this popularity was cutting into the sales of conventional cigarettes. and the city was losing out on huge tax revenues. the government makes more on a pack of smokes than the tobacco companies. so much for health concerns

The irony of "chasing people out of polite society" is about as rich as it gets. It's absolutely delicious.

It is wonderful seening them huddled in the cold and rain trying to get that last puff

It is wonderful seening them huddled in the cold and rain trying to get that last puff

Sounds like more of that LOLberal tolerance we've come to expect from your type.

...or both.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”― George Orwell

Hardly, I am able to see that the issues you try to pigeon hole people with are practiced by the party you align yourself with. With debate it is acceptable, in reality it is not.

Hardly, I am able to see that the issues you try to pigeon hole people with are practiced by the party you align yourself with. With debate it is acceptable, in reality it is not.

So......I have to go to my room????

Mine would be better.

After 50 hail Obamas and chasing noncomformists out of polite society, yes.

Sounds like more of that LOLberal tolerance we've come to expect from your type.

We just got tired of dealing with the tolerance of smokers for over 100 years

Kicked them to the curb

You kicked them to the curb of polite society, right? The irony, it is absolutely delicious. Do you see it?

:lmao:

My favorite is the macho, "man of the house" smoker

Not even allowed to smoke in his own house

Forum List

Back