Zone1 Do most Americans Believe Peace With Russia is Advisable?

Trump almost always thinks outside the box which is why I won't speculate how he will choose to get things done. But he generally finds the best way to accomplish what needs to be accomplished and I trust him to find the best and least destructive way to end that silly war however he figures out how to do that.

Trumps solution is to sell out Ukraine and return to business as usual

Russia was never defeated but might (nuclear) have been weakened to a position in which America could have done so if the appropriate diplomatic measures were taken. America felt ensured that it was taking the right measures to defeat Russia for a short period of time in the spring of 22.

There is a possibility being voiced that is saying that Russia is now the superior fighting force. I won't belabour the point because it requires a lengthy discussion that would lead us off-topic.

Russia is screwed. They know it. Even if they win in Ukraine they won’t be welcomed back to the world community for at least a decade, probably more.

Russia’s actions were so egregious that even Switzerland walked away from their traditional neutrality to stand opposed to the Russian Invasion. Think about that for a moment. People who take great pride in being neutral stepped away from their historic position to oppose your own Countries Actions.

Russia has proven themselves to be enemies of freedom, self determination, and world peace. They deserve all the pain they get.

You and I have rarely ever agreed on what is important. The Russia/Ukraine war is a silly war, however tragic, involving the first and second most corrupt countries in Europe. The Ukraine has not earned nor does it deserve a slot in NATO and Russia's aggression against the Ukraine should not go unpunished.

I don't mind at all if Russia drains its resources in this war but nothing good will come of it regardless of who wins. The war should end hopefully with both countries mostly intact.
The war is benefitting Russia. You can think of that in terms that you understand by comparing it to America's MIC.
I think that works?
But there are other reasons too, and one of them is Russia's determination on stopping Nato/US encroachment for once and for all!

So Russia winning or losing, we should be able to agree that it will be the last time.

Sadly it may be too late... you bargain before the war begins not after... my question is why didn't Biden try and cool the temperature before blood was spilled?...
Because he wanted this war... he wanted to let it happen so the military industry could continue the weapons build we had during Afghanistan...
That's evil on steroids....
I would at this point tell Ukraine to lay down its arms and go to the negotiating room and carve out deal... because winning is not an option for them....

This war started as a quick display of Russian military dominance and a quick defeat of Ukraine with their leaders fleeing to the west and Putin installing a puppet government.

Unfortunately, Zelensky refused to run and stood and fought.

The Russian forces proved to be poorly led, poorly trained and they had no plan for sustained logistic support.

So now we have a stalemate with neither side capable of “winning”

Those who want peace….What terms would you proposed that satisfy both sides?

The war is benefitting Russia. You can think of that in terms that you understand by comparing it to America's MIC.
I think that works?
But there are other reasons too, and one of them is Russia's determination on stopping Nato/US encroachment for once and for all!

So Russia winning or losing, we should be able to agree that it will be the last time.

Benefit? How?

NATO is stronger and Finland and Sweden have joined. Ukraine is next.
Putin demonstrated his military is not a major military power and cannot compete with NATO.
Russia is weakened both economically and militarily
Russia is a global pariah

Russia is screwed. They know it. Even if they win in Ukraine they won’t be welcomed back to the world community for at least a decade, probably more.
I envision two separate world communities, with it so far being a tossup on which of the two pulls the most weight and the most friendly countries.
Russia’s actions were so egregious that even Switzerland walked away from their traditional neutrality to stand opposed to the Russian Invasion. Think about that for a moment. People who take great pride in being neutral stepped away from their historic position to oppose your own Countries Actions.

Russia has proven themselves to be enemies of freedom, self determination, and world peace. They deserve all the pain they get.
Switzerland wasn't a neutral and neither were any others I can think of right now.

Somebody must have told you that some were during WW2?

That has to be it!

Could be somewhat true but it's up to you for the explanation.

True to your character, you'll likely turn to spamming.
I never resort to spamming but any person with just an ounce of commonsense realizes Biden is incapable of brokering a peace agreement.

Benefit? How?
I told him, the MIC analogy.
NATO is stronger and Finland and Sweden have joined. Ukraine is next.
Sweden and Finland aren't stronger, and they don't even have increased security unless you think that they would be invaded by Russia.
Putin demonstrated his military is not a major military power and cannot compete with NATO.
I think that Russia has demonstrated that it is equal to or superior to America militarily where it counts.
Russia is weakened both economically and militarily
I think that Russia is stronger militarily and due to soon become a leading economic world power. They are a huge country sitting on the lion's share of the world's remaining resources.
Russia is a global pariah
I prefer to just state my understanding on your talking points, without arguing with you.

I think you're starting to go off with arrogance and I'm not going to entertain any more of that!

Come back. Stay with us!

I told him, the MIC analogy.

Sweden and Finland aren't stronger, and they don't even have increased security unless you think that they would be invaded by Russia.

I think that Russia has demonstrated that it is equal to or superior to America militarily where it counts.

I think that Russia is stronger militarily and due to soon become a leading economic world power. They are a huge country sitting on the lion's share of the world's remaining resources.

I prefer to just state my understanding on your talking points, without arguing with you.

I think you're starting to go off with arrogance and I'm not going to entertain any more of that!

Come back. Stay with us!

Baghdad Bob

1716495772804.jpeg

Are Sweden and Finland more secure in Nato?

Are Sweden and Finland less secure with the Nato targets painted on their backs?
That is why they both rushed to join NATO
They no longer trust Putin and now have the power of NATO behind them.

As a Russian, even you should realize you don’t have a prayer against NATO forces

Here is the problem with your position Scooter. It rewards bad behavior. That is intolerable to the rest of the world. It is intolerable to a vast majority of Americans. Nothing is worse than that to our way of thinking. Want to go full war? Good. Let’s go. Want to go Nuclear? Ok. But remember. We have them too. In fact. A lot of us have them. Missiles flying in from England, France, and the US.

It’s time for the Russians to go home and stop dreaming of a new Russian Empire.
If it is intolerable for the rest of the world and a vast majority of Americans, then this 'rest' and 'a vast majority' should get involved in a direct fight. A rhetoric and proxy war can't defeat Russia.

If it is intolerable for the rest of the world and a vast majority of Americans, then this 'rest' and 'a vast majority' should get involved in a direct fight. A rhetoric and proxy war can't defeat Russia.

I joined the Army in 1988 and spent years training to fight the Soviets Scooter. I’ve got the payments every month from the VA as my proof.

As the risk of nuclear war becomes more likely, is it time to talk about a peace settlement with Russia?

If protecting the Ukraine is America's goal and end game, then is there anything left to protect. And is an escalation of the war a wise decision, due to Russia's stated determination?

Is Russia bluffing?

Yes, peace is better than nukes.

But USA wants some booty...Russian booty.

map Russian breakup by NATO.jpg

This war started as a quick display of Russian military dominance and a quick defeat of Ukraine with their leaders fleeing to the west and Putin installing a puppet government.
and Biden saying if Putin just takes a little ground that is okay....

Or Trump declaring that Putin was a Genius for invading Ukraine or calling NATO weak?
Putin is smart... much smarter than Biden and that's the problem... and NATO is a shadow puppet... money grubbing nations with no power what so ever.... just a toilet to flush down US dollars....

Forum List

Back