Zone1 Do most Americans Believe Peace With Russia is Advisable?

The incongruous part in all this and what starts making it somewhat absurd is that Russia's embassy is staffed and open in Washington DC and the U.S. embassy is staffed and open in Moscow.
There are a lot more incongruities than that.

We can think of it as America's, Russia's, China's, and Iran's Sitzkrieg.

What conditions would you offer for peace?
Sadly it may be too late... you bargain before the war begins not after... my question is why didn't Biden try and cool the temperature before blood was spilled?...
Because he wanted this war... he wanted to let it happen so the military industry could continue the weapons build we had during Afghanistan...
That's evil on steroids....
I would at this point tell Ukraine to lay down its arms and go to the negotiating room and carve out deal... because winning is not an option for them....

Do most Americans Believe Peace With Russia is Advisable?​

As an American, what I want from the Ukraine war.

1. Ukraine wearing out the Russian military threat, depleting their weapons of war, killing their soldiers, weakening their fighting ability.
2. A destruction of the Russian economy
3. A strengthening of NATO resolve
4. A depletion of Putin’s power and possible military coup or revolution

As long as Ukraine is willing to fight….I am willing to support them

Sadly it may be too late... you bargain before the war begins not after... my question is why didn't Biden try and cool the temperature before blood was spilled?...
Because he wanted this war... he wanted to let it happen so the military industry could continue the weapons build we had during Afghanistan...
That's evil on steroids....
I would at this point tell Ukraine to lay down its arms and go to the negotiating room and carve out deal... because winning is not an option for them....
Yes, but don't miss the point on the fact that Russia and China forming an alliance to stop America was always written.
America at least has a chance on world hegemony against either Russia or China alone.

Do most Americans Believe Peace With Russia is Advisable?​

As an American, what I want from the Ukraine war.

1. Ukraine wearing out the Russian military threat, depleting their weapons of war, killing their soldiers, weakening their fighting ability.
2. A destruction of the Russian economy
3. A strengthening of NATO resolve
4. A depletion of Putin’s power and possible military coup or revolution

As long as Ukraine is willing to fight….I am willing to support them
I think you speak for most Americans!

Thank you all for the clean debate. Hopefully there is more to come later.

Introducing domestic politics has to be done with discretion so as not to alienate half the forum, please!
And thank you for your reply that has nevertheless offered a few debatable points.

I agree with you that it's time to negotiate peace. There's just nothing to gain with more war.
Politics is why the war started... if you don't understand why there is a war you can't stop it.... and this war is for profit... a disgusting truth but it is none the less true...
Pulling out of a 25 year war with no war to replace it would have been a determent to the economy and the unemployment rate....
Its as simple as that...
So to end the war we need a leader who places human life above re election and campaign donations...
And that would be Trump...

Yes, but don't miss the point on the fact that Russia and China forming an alliance to stop America was always written.
America at least has a chance on world hegemony against either Russia or China alone.
China has no love for Russia they are a strategic alliance.... so we need to change that dynamic....
And we will never achieve that with the leadership we have today...

Putin isn't a dictator and he fears nuclear war fully as much as all Americans.

America's sanctions against Russia have served to harden the military resolve of the Brics.

I think that Trump understands the threat of nuclear war more than Biden because he believes that the only threat to his future prosperity is a war that would throw a monkey wrench into everything.

So you're exactly right and most Americans at least subconsciously understand that Trump's first priority will be talking with Putin.

It doesn't matter right now on whether that would be concessions to Putin or it would be demands that Russia surrender.

The hope at least is a better proposition than Biden and nuclear war.

(fwiw, America's relevant powers won't allow Trump to pull the nuclear trigger)

How will they stop Trump? Think outside the box.
Trump almost always thinks outside the box which is why I won't speculate how he will choose to get things done. But he generally finds the best way to accomplish what needs to be accomplished and I trust him to find the best and least destructive way to end that silly war however he figures out how to do that.

Politics is why the war started... if you don't understand why there is a war you can't stop it.... and this war is for profit... a disgusting truth but it is none the less true...
Pulling out of a 25 year war with no war to replace it would have been a determent to the economy and the unemployment rate....
Its as simple as that...
So to end the war we need a leader who places human life above re election and campaign donations...
And that would be Trump...
Smart in part.

Trump almost always thinks outside the box which is why I won't speculate how he will choose to get things done. But he generally finds the best way to accomplish what needs to be accomplished and I trust him to find the best and least destructive way to end that silly war however he figures out how to do that.
America's future prosperity depends on defeating Russia. Trump will be whacked before he gets the chance to stop it.

There! We agree on what's important!

We have staffed and open embassies in six Chinese cities too including Wuhan which I found interesting.

America's future prosperity depends on defeating Russia. Trump will be whacked before he gets the chance to stop it.

There! We agree on what's important!
You and I have rarely ever agreed on what is important. The Russia/Ukraine war is a silly war, however tragic, involving the first and second most corrupt countries in Europe. The Ukraine has not earned nor does it deserve a slot in NATO and Russia's aggression against the Ukraine should not go unpunished.

I don't mind at all if Russia drains its resources in this war but nothing good will come of it regardless of who wins. The war should end hopefully with both countries mostly intact.

Forum List

Back