Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?

Ah…..so the STATE decides on whether the unborn child has rights, and thus its killer can be charged with its murder, depending on the STATE law.

Get where I’m going with this, hon? You can’t say in one instance that a state can decide whether an unborn child is deserving of protection from being killed on one hand, and then say states don’t get to decide on allowing unborn children to be killed on the other,

You walked right into that one.
The state does decide. It isn’t based on what I say, it is the these laws are. The Constitution says nothing about fetuses. Citizenship is defined by birth. States with laws on fetal homicide very carefully omit abortion.

Why is it that pregnant woman lose all rights to their bodies? Because what they bear is more important than they themselves in eyes of rightists.

I

The state does decide. It isn’t based on what I say, it is the these laws are. The Constitution says nothing about fetuses. Citizenship is defined by birth. States with laws on fetal homicide very carefully omit abortion.

Why is it that pregnant woman lose all rights to their bodies? Because what they bear is more important than they themselves in eyes of rightists.

I
Exactly! The state decides. I’m glad you now understand that killing unborn children - and the laws and restrictions surrounding them - is a state issue.

My work here is done.

Exactly! The state decides. I’m glad you now understand that killing unborn children - and the laws and restrictions surrounding them - is a state issue.

My work here is done.
Glad to see you miss the point. Are rights a state issue? According to your logic, slavery should have been left up to the states.

She'll give you her coronavirus, but doesn't like to brag.
All legal persons become demonstrably far less important the moment born* in the eyes of anti-choicers. Fweedumb!

(*) i.e., once they become persons. Independent. Air breathers. With actual legal rights and stuff.

Last edited:
Are saying then that gun ownership should be up to the states?
This ^^^ is about the extent of liberal political logic these days.

Doesn't know what a constitutionally guaranteed political right means.

Yet wants to "fix the system".

(rolls eyes)

There is no right to kill babies.

Sorry, liberal.
There is no right to control another’s body or force someone to carry an unwanted pregnancy.

You even reward rapists for impregnating women against their will.

This ^^^ is about the extent of liberal political logic these days.

Doesn't know what a constitutionally guaranteed political right means.

Yet wants to "fix the system".

(rolls eyes)
Conservative logic: it’s ok to kill people, unless it is a pregnant woman seeking to end her pregnancy. But the icing on the cake….we will force her to have an unwanted baby, but cut any funding to help her raise it.

Conservative logic: it’s ok to kill people, unless it is a pregnant woman seeking to end her pregnancy. But the icing on the cake….we will force her to have an unwanted baby, but cut any funding to help her raise it.

"Well, look at THIS thing that I've decided you believe. Accept my premise and defend the position I have decided for you!"

Piss off.

Forum List

Back