Do ‘Independents’ of today tend to ‘lean’ left / Democrat? If so, why do they?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
I know those here who proclaim to be moderate independents lean way fucking left but I always thought of Independents as freedom fighting liberty lovers….as people who hated marxists, authoritarians, totalitarians, fascists and everything the Left / Democrats seem to have become. What changed?

(Before someone screams “Trump”, just remember, it wasn’t Trump who colluded with a corrupt media and social media, it wasn’t Trump who made them stop pursuing happiness and quit working, Trump didn’t force them to take experimental medicine, or wear face diapers.)

I know those here who proclaim to be moderate independents lean way fucking left but I always thought of Independents as freedom fighting liberty lovers….as people who hated marxists, authoritarians, totalitarians, fascists and everything the Left / Democrats seem to have become. What changed?

(Before someone screams “Trump”, just remember, it wasn’t Trump who colluded with a corrupt media and social media, it wasn’t Trump who made them stop pursuing happiness and quit working, Trump didn’t force them to take experimental medicine, or wear face diapers.)
Independents stay toward the center, opposing the extremes of the right and left.

Independents stay toward the center, opposing the extremes of the right and left.

I am a Registered (I).

I supported BLM. I am also pro-life.

I support gay rights. I also support the 2nd Amendment.

I believe in helping out the poor. I also believe in balancing the budget.

I support the electoral college. I also support making voting as easy as possible for people.

I don't support Trump. I also don't support Biden.

I am a Registered (I).

I supported BLM. I am also pro-life.

I support gay rights. I also support the 2nd Amendment.

I support the electoral college. I also support making voting as easy as possible for people.

I don't support Trump. I also don't support Biden.
"I support gay rights. I also support the 2nd Amendment.

I don't support Trump. I also don't support Biden."

4 out of 5 ain't bad.:D

the so called independents that lean left are more effeminate than independents that lean right ... thats the determining factor on which way they will lean politically ... for example the vast majority of informed male independents that voted for Biden are basically more feminine than those that voted for Trump.

Right-leaning Independent here.....Piss on carrying party water.

Of course in Virginia nobody has to register R, D, or I to vote.....Just the way it should be. ;)

It's left up to the parties to choose a closed or public (state run and paid for) primary.

If the state is paying for it then everyone gets to vote in the primary of their choice and all public primaries are held on the same day.

the so called independents that lean left are more effeminate than independents that lean right ... thats the determining factor on which way they will lean politically ... for example the vast majority of informed male independents that voted for Biden are basically more feminine than those that voted for Trump.
Well put and 100% spot on

Your childish remark is exactly why many independents lean left. Why would you call everyone who doesn't share your political views effeminate? There is no rational reason to ty to make that connection. Petty and childish isn't an attractive look if you are wanting to attract mature reasonable voters.

How can you tell if an "independent" voter leans left?
I queried the forum to affirm what I’m seeing in practice…Am I witnessing the current exception or the current rule? Literally everybody I know who claim to be a moderate independent speaks almost exactly like a hardcore lefty does…just like ALL the Indy’s on this site do.
What’s your thoughts?

look in the mirror
there's your answer

Your childish remark is exactly why many independents lean left. Why would you call everyone who doesn't share your political views effeminate? There is no rational reason to ty to make that connection. Petty and childish isn't an attractive look if you are wanting to attract mature reasonable voters.

He uses effeminate when he actually means not as insecure.

Forum List

Back